South Florida Meet-N-Greet in Honor of Jason Els

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Well, I wasn't gonna say anything since I've only had a few beers there & no first hand experience with the restaurant, but that's basically what we have heard as well. :frown1: No worries, I'm open to suggestions. Staying within walking distance of the heart of Wilton Manors and all that is there is definitely a bonus.

We can meet in Wilton Manors and go from there. I agree that being within walking distance is ideal. Are those green buggies still in operation up and down the drive?

I was thinking (got a headache) the last time I was @ Bill's was when you guys were down last. I know, I know - boring. I'm so looking forward to it!
I understand. The music is loud and it is smokey and hard to talk. Bill's is for groping, not talking, so next time, Grope more, Talk less!!

Plus: Hot and Boring > Not hot and exciting

BIGBULL29

Worshipped Member
Media
State College (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
Pansexual
And no, I would not miss a Friday evening at Bill's for anything. Tank tops, shorts, musclebears, boys, good drinks and fun. WHO HOO!

You're just a bear nut. There's no cure for it. You're getting more and more addicted as the years go by:biggrin1: (I wish I was tagging along with you to this place you refuse to miss out on)

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
You're just a bear nut. There's no cure for it. You're getting more and more addicted as the years go by:biggrin1: (I wish I was tagging along with you to this place you refuse to miss out on)

They tried to make me go to rehab I said NO NO NO...

Seriously, I think you would have lots of fun and be in demand, big guy.

I have to back out. I am traveling to NY in a week to take care of my grandmother. I have no idea when I'll be back.

Sorry to hear that, Altered. I'll try to reach you by phone soon to catch up. You'll be missed.

gymfresh

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
OK, it's ON. Next weekend (26-28 March 2010), Fort Lauderdale.

Fabulous people are flying in for it. Locals are clearing calendars for it. It promises to be memorable, and everything our friend Jason wanted in a South Florida gathering. This was the trip he very much wanted to make when getting out of the hospital.

What we know is that we'll eat and we'll party. You can join either or both. We're still taking suggestions For Saturday night, though many of us will be available throughout the weekend to see old friends and make new ones. This thread is for you, to tell us when you'll be available and what you'd like to do. Matching faces, voices and hugs to usernames, profiles and pics always results in a better bonded community, so please plan to take part.

funnyguy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Will be thinking of you guys and hope you have a great time! Please post the results (and maybe some pics?) of the weekend for those of us who can't be there. Amidst you partying, take at least a moment to remember Jason (even if privately and internally, ok?)

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Those of us with a plane reservation thank you for that. :biggrin1:

See you Thursday. And stop cleaning; I told you: I'm an easy guest.

Ha. We have to tell our friends the same thing. I will text everyone when we land. Depending on plans, we can meet informally before Saturday. Bubba and I will be all over seeing friends and family. Mid-afternoon drinks at Sidelines or Alibi or where ever they give out chips is always on our radar.

Fabulous people are flying in for it. Locals are clearing calendars for it. It promises to be memorable, and everything our friend Jason wanted in a South Florida gathering. This was the trip he very much wanted to make when getting out of the hospital.

Wow, that is a lot to live up to. I am going to have to seep off some of Nick's FABULOSITY so I can feel a part of the IN crowd. :wink:

Will be thinking of you guys and hope you have a great time! Please post the results (and maybe some pics?) of the weekend for those of us who can't be there. Amidst you partying, take at least a moment to remember Jason (even if privately and internally, ok?)

We can certainly post details of our times together. Jason is never far from my thoughts: I have some magnificent bath soaps that he gave me at which I look each day when I get out of the shower.

We are looking forward to seeing old friends and making new ones!

Hugs and Tugs all around!

B_Nick8

Cherished Member
Media
New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Wow, that is a lot to live up to. I am going to have to seep off some of Nick's FABULOSITY so I can feel a part of the IN crowd. :wink:

I don't know about that. If even half of what Jason's said about you is true, it's me who's going to have to rev up the fab quotient. :tongue:

hung9mike

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Just post the details of when and where and I'll try to join in for some of the fun. I happened to see Bbucko last night and he told me something might be happening this coming weekend.

TopDudeFtl

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
OK, it's ON. Next weekend (26-28 March 2010), Fort Lauderdale.

What we know is that we'll eat and we'll party. You can join either or both. We're still taking suggestions For Saturday night, though many of us will be available throughout the weekend to see old friends and make new ones. This thread is for you, to tell us when you'll be available and what you'd like to do. Matching faces, voices and hugs to usernames, profiles and pics always results in a better bonded community, so please plan to take part.

Great, does this mean I can't wear my mask? :blindfold:

Those of us with a plane reservation thank you for that. :biggrin1:

See you Thursday. And stop cleaning; I told you: I'm an easy guest.

Had I known this, you could'a stayed with us. :wink:

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
If we are going to have a formal sit down dinner I suggest the Sushi and Chinese buffet on Federal Highway in Fort Lauderdale. I think it's around $20 for dinner, and a salad and entree will probably cost that much in a decent place in Wilton Manors.

gymfresh

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I agree. As much as I like Humpy's (and the owners are my neighbors), it's really not practical for a group of people to meet each other and chat over a meal, especially not on a weekend evening. Maybe some of us locals can talk this week and come up with a few suggestions, then put them out there in email for more input.

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I agree. As much as I like Humpy's (and the owners are my neighbors), it's really not practical for a group of people to meet each other and chat over a meal, especially not on a weekend evening. Maybe some of us locals can talk this week and come up with a few suggestions, then put them out there in email for more input.

We are down for where ever. I originally suggested Humpys as just a place to gather since it is in WM and we can walk to a lot of other places. We could consider eating at Georgies (they have that lounge room that is good for sitting and chatting).

I probably won't have much internet access, so someone will need to call and/or text me.

TopDudeFtl

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
We are down for where ever. I originally suggested Humpys as just a place to gather since it is in WM and we can walk to a lot of other places. We could consider eating at Georgies (they have that lounge room that is good for sitting and chatting).

I probably won't have much internet access, so someone will need to call and/or text me.

I can keep you up to date via text. Is the tank top on yet? :wink: