Southern Decadence

BIGdkluver

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Hi!
I'm thinking about going to New Orleans over Labor Day weekend for the Southern Decadence celebration--lots of hot men and hot sex!
I'd like some advice from anyone who's been there before.
For example, where's a good hotel to stay?
Which bars in the Quarter are the hot places to go?
I'd appreciate any advice anyone can give me.
Thanks! :smile:

Reactions: henry777

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
lol...every year around this time someone makes a similar post asking pretty much the same thing.

I wouldn't be an expert on S. Decadence nor the best hotels in the city, but I have posted some helpful links in the past to help get visitors started in the right direction.

Try these:

Southern Decadence Official Website

Official Southern Decadence Website: A Celebration of Gay Life, Music & Culture - Gay New Orleans Labor Day Weekend

(Btw, some of the better eating establishments are not necessarily the biggest names in the business. You might have to ask around).

Nevertheless, we'd be happy to have ya.

Last edited:

swoletommyboy

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I grew up in New Orleans, but I've never been to Southern Decadence. However, the bars that are usually happening are The pub and OZ. They are right across the street from each other so you can just hop between there. There are also a few other bars in the area but once you get out there and meet a couple people you'll know where the party is.

chiasmj

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
It may be a bit pricey around Decadence, but you can try the Bourbon Orleans (http://www.bourbonorleans.com). I just stayed there a few weeks ago (definitely the off season) and the accommodations are great, plus it's within an easy stumbling distance to all the bars in case you're looking to have quick or not so quick fun (or at least privacy).

Hope you have a good time! I've never been to Southern Decadence, but it sounds and looks like a blast.

j

Last edited: