Spa World

mj21045

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Howdy all...anyone ever been to Spa World? It's outside of DC. Seems to be based on Asian spas.

Curious about going but wanted to hear from anyone who's been there.

Thanks.

LeeEJ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Haven't been there yet, but from what my wife tells me (she's been there), it's very much a traditional-style Asian spa. Like a public bath in Europe, but with fewer chairs. ;) Families go there, you can get scrubs, etc. There are nude/towel'd areas, but divided by gender (unlike many Euro baths).

It sounds like a good, relaxing time. If you're looking for hanky panky, you won't find it there.

ace11

Just Browsing
Media
They have these in New York, Dallas, LA, and Dc. Great places pay one price and get to use the facility for all day. Some have movie theaters, sleeping areas. The wet areas have hot tubs, steam saunas , dry saunas, and a cold pool. This is seperated by gender and no clothes is worn. Alot of families come it is good to see Fathers teaching their Sons, (great Bonding) time. They give you uniforms to wear in the co ed area.

fun30013

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Love this place in Centreville! Have been several times. It is a great place to relax and let the stress go. I start off in the wet area you must shower with soap before you use any part of the spa. Then hit the sauna (185-200 degree) then shower again and then on to the bade pool that is heaven on earth!

After put on my spa issued outfit and go to the coed area (Poultrice Room) and 7 sauna's ranging from 130-200 degree. The Red Clay Ball room is my choice...You sink to your ankles when you walk in and then lay down the the clay balls conform to your body.

The food is okay not the best but authentic. May go to the sleeping room for a bit and then maybe a hot oil massage.

Back to the wet area. Another shower and if my skin is dry I get a body scrub. Your skin feels so soft after. They do the body scrubs in the wet area.

Then spend about 3 hours going from the steam room, 3 different hot tubs, infrared beds, bade pool or just grabbing a lounge chair and taking a nap.

It is authentic Koren Bath, so families go. It is all about relaxing and taking time out for yourself. Will admit some guys are creepy and make you feel like you are watched... as a rule the over 60 fat Grandfather type that are not Korean, but the attendant is watching and will remove anyone who acts inappropriately. Now I have had some awesome conversation with Elder Korean Men while relaxing and they will share stories about Korea, the war, the reason for the baths and such....now that is fun!

I know they have another location in NYC but have not been, from what I understand it is much larger. This place is nothing to sneeze at it use to be a grocery store, now a spa with two levels. Give it a try well worth it.
Welcome to SPA WORLD is the web page and they have over a 100 reviews on Yelp too! Just www.yelp.com then search Spa World in Centreville.

Maybe I will see you one day relaxing and enjoying a healthy mental break!

Last edited:

SCSea

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The atmosphere really depends on the particular Korean spa in question. Some are very, very, very cruisy/active (see also, LA), and some are a lot more subtle. I'm a weekly k-spa user, and there are times it's just a relaxing way to get deeply clean, and other times where it's misbehavior galore. Read the cues, scope the situation and have fun.

Reactions: Bxxkid

ATL Big !

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I have been several times. There are also a lot of Russian family's. This place is extremely Clean I highly recommend.

fun30013

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I have been several times. There are also a lot of Russian family's. This place is extremely Clean I highly recommend.

Yes, a lot of Russian and also a lot of Sweds as well. With the cold winter more and more are pouring in to warm up. They are running a special this month you can use the wet area for only 15.00!! I like the full use of the spa, but a great deal if you want to just take a steam and use the Bade Pool.

fun30013

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
The atmosphere really depends on the particular Korean spa in question. Some are very, very, very cruisy/active (see also, LA), and some are a lot more subtle. I'm a weekly k-spa user, and there are times it's just a relaxing way to get deeply clean, and other times where it's misbehavior galore. Read the cues, scope the situation and have fun.

At this Spa I do not see how it could ever be "crusy/active" they have an attendant that is in the area all the time watching and I have seen with my own two eyes a couple of guys asked to leave because of inappropriate behavior. In the 20 plus times I have been I have never seen anything. Looks - yes, smiles - yes - touchy - no....or anything else for that matter. They have a very prominent sign that states unethical or unmoral behavior will not be tolerated and you will be ejected and given a no trespassing citation from the local law enforcement agency.

marcsdc

Sexy Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Spa World in Centerville is awesome. Very relaxing and rejuvenating. It is not about sex, although it is nice to see so many naked guys. I've met guys there and gone home with them. However, there are very few well-hung guys there. You really get a better sense of what "average" penis size is!

fun30013

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Went today had snow and ice so no work. Very nice and relaxing after a very cold few weeks. Place was crowded too - guess because the FEDS and Schools had closed.

mj21045

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Hey guys...thanks for all of the info. For those who are regulars, when is the best day of the week and time of day to go?

LeeEJ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
yea, i've always wanted to go to. what is the issued clothing like?

It's a set, basic cotton shirt & shorts. Different style for men and women, too.

I went with m wife and some friends of hers (married couple with a boy). Man, it was nice, better than I expected it to be, even after seeing the pictures on their site.

Not cruisy as far as I could tell (I tend to be oblivious anyway), and definitely no inappropriate behavior.

We split up by gender and started in the wet area, then met up in the main room.

Then we sampled the saunas; they have up-to-the-minute temperature readings above each door, although I was told that the Russian regulars said they were "optimistic", i.e., reading higher than the actual temperatures. If I have just one complaint, it's that the saunas aren't double-door, so they don't retain their heat very well when someone enters. The ice room, however, is double-doored, and it's pretty awesome, too -- frozen ice covers the walls like a freezer. I've never seen something like that before. Other rooms have charcoal walls, a floor of tiny balls of red clay, walls with crystals, etc. You won't find benches like usual Western saunas, but there are mats covering the floors (except the clay ball room, of course), so everyone sits or lies on the floor.

The restaurant is pretty decent, and in typical Korean fashion, you'll get a tableful of side dishes to go with whatever entree you get. I had the pork cutlet and we split a big plate of fried mandu. There is also a juice bar with teas, smoothies, and other goodies.

I could go on, but I need to get to bed, and I don't want to spoil all the surprises. I will add, however, that the hottest saunas aren't in the main area, but in the wet area -- one was running up to 200 degF according to its readout while I was there.

We're definitely going back. I've got to show it to some other friends, too.

SCSea

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I will add, however, that the hottest saunas aren't in the main area, but in the wet area -- one was running up to 200 degF according to its readout while I was there.

That's pretty common that the hottest dry sauna is in the wet area, near a cold plunge.

LeeEJ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
That's pretty common that the hottest dry sauna is in the wet area, near a cold plunge.

Yup, and that's where the cold plunge was, too. Well, there were two hot saunas, then a hot pool, then the cold pool. Going back and forth between them gave my pores a workout for sure.

SCSea

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I seriously swear by weekly Korean spa to keep me moving and not reeking of the horrible stinky things I insist on eating (not the least of which are stinky korean fermented things, ironic, no?). That brief moment of clarity just as your face hits the cold water after 15-20 minutes in the steam? Best moment of the week.

Have you tried the Korean Body Scrub yet?