Spandex

ROConn: Lycra is a great fabric . . . holds everything and lets it all show too. . . but . . . you probably need to be an exhibitionist at heart . . .and as long as its all covered its not illlegal. :eek:

bluesman: Hey I just found this site, I think its great. Anyway, I'm on the crew team at my university and anyone that has any experience with the sport knows that all the rowers have to wear spandex shorts because anything baggier then that can get caught in the seat runners and jam you up in the middle of a race. Anyway, I'm about 5-6 inches limp and as you all know having that running down the side of your leg is kind of embarrassing. At first it was kinda neat to catch the girls team lookin, but at this point I'm over it and looking for something to make it less noticeable. To make matters worse, everyone gets wet during crew, its just the nature of the sport when your cruisin along 3 inches above the water line. When we go to dock and carry the boat into the boathouse, now my spandex is soakin wet and its even worse. Now imagine at a regional regatta where 50 schools compete, and walking the boat into the dock infront of thousands of your peers soaking wet like is not a fun prospect. :-[ (okay, maybe a little) Does anyone have any ideas? I've already tried thicker spandex to no avail.

7x6andchg: Bluesman-

Do you wear anything under the spandex? Even a pair of tighty whities might do SOMETHING to pull things in?

Just a thought.

7x6&C

SpeedoGuy: I wear old retired Speedos under my spandex running and biking shorts. Those provide just "thickness" to my aparell for me to be comfortable in public. The bulge is still there but at least the anatomical details are no longer visible.

SG

acam

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I wear running tights all the time instead of trousers. I go shopping and so on dressed like this and I've never had any problem. Underneath I wear a jockstrap with the penis pointing up so it's held close against my stomach. With dark coloured tights it is quite inconspicuous but I even wear bright scarlet tights sometimes!

PZAHLER

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Yeah! I wear spandex shorts to cycling and hiking or to be in home... Love to see glances from neighbors.

sdbg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I have padded cycling shorts. The lycra is rather thick, so not too much shows. I only wear them for cycling, yet have no qualms about going into a store or coffee shop during my ride. They aren't really comfortable other than keeping me from being saddle sore.

modulo

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
panama992: Did you ever wear spandex shorts in public with nothing over them?

I lived in Beacon Hill (Boston) for a summer and one day I was feeling quite the exhibitionist and decided to go jogging with a t-shirt that hung a little below my waist and black spandex shorts. Mr. Happy was hanging down the leg as it was quite a humid evening, everything was hangin' pretty low. I left my building and I was walking along the sidewalk when I noticed a guy and some college co-ed walking up the hill; they were not together. I suddenly became a little bit shy as I did not normally do this sort of thing and felt a little uncomfortable because there was very little left to the imagination. It appeared that the two of them were going to round the corner and approach me head-on along the sidewalk so I decided to vear off between the parked cars and walk along the street. Well, the guy continued on the sidewalk but the girl changed her course and started approaching me on the street. I focused my eyes elsewhere until I was a just a few seconds away from her and and noticed her fully concentrated gaze on my package. Her big brown eyes were completely fixated; she did not even try to hide it. I felt like I was totally being sized-up. I practically had to sidestep her to avoid her from walking into me. Needless to say, it was a hot day, my unit was mostly hard, my balls were hanging low down my leg and the spandex was saran-wrap tight; I am sure she could have described the episode afterwards in glorious detail.

Nothing happened with the girl but this got me so worked up that I could not longer go for a jog in my current condition so I went back home, changed clothes and went to my girlfriends in next door Charles River Park. She never knew what hit her.

Has anyone else worn spandex in public?

Yes, but only for the appropriate activity. I cycle so it's a foregone conclusion but I don't go grocery shopping or window browsing at the mall while wearing my cycle kit (except stopping at a convenience store for water if I run out too soon). The proper attire for the proper activity...besides a cyclist or runner would look a little out of place walking through a shopping center dressed in such clothing.

B_theOtherJJ

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I LOVE spandex, and miss those Xanadu days when it was fashionable. Visually, nothing does more for a bulge than spandex, and for me its a turn-on.
But not in public anymore. Its way out of date. I think now its considered a fetish, and unless you wear it for Sports, just keep it behind closed doors and enjoy yourselves with it.

Show off your spandex bulges guys !!!!!

acam

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I wear lycra tights every day instead of trousers (US pants) and I never wear anything on top of them. And it's not just in the house. I go shopping, playing croquet, playing ping-pong, visiting my family, collecting grandchildren from school and so on dressed like that. I'd post a picture but can't see how.

Attachments

acam

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Nonsense. Wearing lycra shorts is quite acceptable and I do it all the time in Bristol and have never had any hassle from anyone.

Hellboy0

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I agree with acam...with the advent of compression shorts, etc spandex is slowly coming back. Fashion usually does that, though I only wear it at work (teach yoga/Pilates) or when running/biking. And I NEVER wear anything underneath, as I'm a medium Shower. Guess for the real big guys that are Massive Showers a bit of underwear would probably be a good idea unless you are looking to be looked at! I got no problem with that. Hell, girls do it with their tits...

Don't count out Spandex just yet, folks.

D_Ollyvalle Treegirth

Account Disabled
Media
Im a cyclist as well as runner, and any serious runners here (NYC) wear shorts, not spandex. Exception would be if theyre doing a triathlon, where guys wear a shorter version of standard spandex bike shorts (with less padding, since that wd interfere with both running and swimming.) I can tell you that both in triathons, and any biking event Ive ever participated in, ride or race, guys will universally check each others' packages out. And despite the padding in bike shorts, any guy even moderately well-hung (ie most of us on this site) will show a nice full bulge with some detail...unavoidable since you never wear underwear beneath bike shorts. In fact there's a whole group of guys (many cyclists) who fetishize guys' bulges in spandex.
try Yahoo! Groups if this is an interest of yours.

bublbutt4u2000

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I do. usually bikini or thong. tighty whites are for guys with no butt.
spandex is cool for the gym and running around in rite before or after. I have tons and wear them alot... its a matter of just knowing discretion and class.
same as tight jeans, other short shorts, and bikinis for swimming in.

7x6andchg: Bluesman-

Do you wear anything under the spandex? Even a pair of tighty whities might do SOMETHING to pull things in?

Just a thought.

7x6&C

B_theOtherJJ

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Dear jjkirkwood,

That's no good. See my picture and take heart.

acam

Sorry Acam, thats just WRONG !!!!! NOT a good look. I dont think that people will stare at you in a "good" way". It will probably be more like how they consider those old crazy ladies that live alone with 1000 cats.