Special condom brands...

H8Monga: I was looking at Trojan's site last night to see the types of condoms they sold. Laugh at me if you want, but I get embarrassed when even looking at condoms in stores. I've never even touched an unwrapped one and that one was all some 5 years ago. Part of me thinks it's kind of taboo but most of it is something self-conscious... like someone would see me standing there and wonder why the hell would I need condoms. That probably doesn't happen since it seems people think I'm a player but it's just awkward for me so I walk by and get a glimpse, not a good one though. That's why I ended up at the site and I see stuff that enhance the pleasure for you and or your partner. It tells what sizes those special sensation condoms are available in and I noticed none of them are available for large sizes. Is this correct? I didn't look at any other condom company sites yet to compare but I wondered why those special condoms only come in regular size. Is it because for larger ones it'll cost more? Or do they think a bigger penis needs no enhancements? Well, the ultra fit (is that for smaller guys?) doesn't have those special enhancements either so it can't be singling out larger guys. Any ideas?

Donk: The larger size condoms are a particular category of condom and there is just a pretty limited choice. In other words, instead of providing each type of condom in different sizes, the manufacturers (for whatever reason) just treat a larger condom as one type. Most manufacturers just have one large model (Trojan is an exception with 3--Trojan Large, Magnum, and Magnum XL).

So, if a guy must have a large condom, his choices are pretty limited--you can get the "large" feature, but not any other special features. I guess they figure that--being a kinda specialized market--we should be grateful for whatever we are offered. And there is some truth in that, I guess. I am just old enough that I became sexually active a couple years before the first larger brand came out. I was surprised and thrilled when I learned about the new "large" brand--Maxx. Even though Maxx is now about the smallest "large" condom and was less a good fit on me, it was a big improvement over what was available before (i.e., nothing) and I used to special order them by mail when I was in college. Shortly after Maxx came out, Magnums started appearing in regular drugstores and that was great.

ygblkman: i get kinda embarrassed when I need to buy magnums large as well. if there is a line behind me, i will usually try to mix the condoms in with other items as not to be obvious.

hung: Have any others checked out TheyFit.com. I saw a post on LPSG and ordered them. I have not received them. You are able to download a measuring guide and order exactly what you need. I will report when I conclude my field trials.

drrionelli: Jonathan, there's no need for you to be the least bit embarrassed about purchasing large condoms. If anything, my friend, you should do so with pride. Not because you're better endowed than most, but rather because you're more RESPONSIBLE than most.

The fact that you're buying condoms at all says that you're concerned about yourself, your partner and, de facto, the health of many. And, by buying large-sized condoms, you're making sure that your're committed to being as safe as you possibly can, while not compromising your own comfort.

If there are naysayers who choose to deride your use of large condoms, let them! They're simply unhappy with their own shortcomings (emotional and/or physical).

This consumer, for one, salutes you! 8)

awellhungboi: Thanks, drrionelli, that's nice to hear, because I get embarassed buying Magnums too. My ex-girlfriend used to love to buy them, though! I remember being in Target with her one time and we got two boxes. She just gave them to the cashier with a big grin on her face, while I stood there blushing.