Spectacularly Pointless

B_Spladle

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't even know. There was a thunderstorm tonight that was just . . . jaw-droppingly gorgeous. I lay outside and watched the lightning streak across the night sky 'til it may as well have been day. Car alarms went off when the thunder hit - I felt the ground tremble beneath me. Puddles everywhere. The rain pooled wherever it could.

Somewhere in the back of my mind I was aware of getting drenched, but there was no real reason to take notice. Everything was so perfect. Blinking every couple of seconds to keep the water out of my eyes, hair plastered to my neck and forehead, I couldn't shake the feeling that I was slowly slipping farther and farther away from the where and when I'd been before. No idea if I was falling or flying - no idea where I was going.

It's all a dream anyway, you know?

Don't take it so seriously, man. You get up each and every day a little bit less alive, but it doesn't have to be that way. Listen to me. I know the way it really is. You can do anything you want. You can be whatever you like. So long as you're alive, whatever happens, you're still you.

I was gonna keep going, but now I've got yoga. Still, sounds like a good beginning to a short story, don't it?

Onslow

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Spladle said:
I don't even know. There was a thunderstorm tonight that was just . . . jaw-droppingly gorgeous. I lay outside and watched the lightning streak across the night sky 'til it may as well have been day. Car alarms went off when the thunder hit - I felt the ground tremble beneath me. Puddles everywhere. The rain pooled wherever it could.

Somewhere in the back of my mind I was aware of getting drenched, but there was no real reason to take notice. Everything was so perfect. Blinking every couple of seconds to keep the water out of my eyes, hair plastered to my neck and forehead, I couldn't shake the feeling that I was slowly slipping farther and farther away from the where and when I'd been before. No idea if I was falling or flying - no idea where I was going.

Don't take it so seriously, man. You get up each and every day a little bit less alive, but it doesn't have to be that way. Listen to me. I know the way it really is. You can do anything you want. You can be whatever you like. So long as you're alive, whatever happens, you're still you.

I was gonna keep going, but now I've got yoga. Still, sounds like a good beginning to a short story, don't it?

Don't keep me in suspense I need to know if there will be rampant lusty gratuitous sex in the not too distant chapters. (and will it have anything to do with your yoga practice?)

D_alex8

Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
..and as you watch the storm grow ever more intense on the television, and the lights begin to flicker in the old house, you realize that the same thing is happening in your own neighborhood. You try to keep watching the rain lash down on the screen, but you're having to turn up the volume to hear the fake rain over the real rain.

Suddenly, there is an almighty thunderclap and the power in the television house fails... at which second, the whole screen goes dark, because the same thing has just happened in your own home.

You feel the need to walk to the back door and to stand out in the tempest, getting pounded with rain so heavy that it makes your skin sting. On the horizon, you see the tips of the tree tops being struck by flame-toothed lightning.

And all around you, the charge of electricity fills the air, heightens your senses. Your whole being can tell it isn't an illusion, and that reality must always win out over the mere mechanical reproductions of art. Who cares that the power won't return for over two days, when the real power consumes and envelops one?

Not a dream, but a memory. Standing in the storm with my mother, no longer caring who survived in the tv-movie.

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
The flicker and hum of the television screen buzzed in the distance like some annoying gnat in summer heat as I basked in the drenching power of the storm. The thungerclaps at once frightened and called me. The bass of the thunder rocked the hairs on my arm and neck. Each drop of rain massaged a patch of pores on my skin. I felt at once vibrant and dead.

Letting go of my mother's hand I ran toward the forest in the distance. Each grassy, shoe-soaked step splattered even more of the earth's giving lifeblood onto me. Spash, Splash. I was exhilirated beyond myself as the rain hit me from above and below. I imagined I heard my mother yell for my return but her voice was swallowed like whispering background vocals in the cacophony of the torrential downpour.

I reached my favorite spot, near the old brick well with the rust pulley, drenched and dirty. The lighting peirced clouds in the distance and made shadows dance across the horizon. I grabbed the overflowing well water bucket and poured even more rain on my head. Lightning struck a tree in the distance like the best Independence day fireworks I had never seen. My heart pounded to the roaring thump of the thunderclaps.

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Dr Rock said:
... and as it slid loathsomely down my face and the back of my neck, i slowly became aware that some filthy sonufabitch had taken a crap in that bucket some time over the past week or so. I really, really gotta move out of this neighborhood.

But then, without warning, a bird (or a cat, what, i could not tell) screeched in the distance. No...wait... not a bird, nor a cat. A clock. The alarm to a clock! Then I realized...it was all a dream: the thunderstorm, the car alarms, the t.v., my mother...even the bucket of fetid water... all a dream.

Instead, it was Monday morning, the alarm had been sounding for some time now, and I was late as all hell. There'd be a meeting at nine sharp, and I was already in trouble for oversleeping the day before. What a way to start a week!

No time for the morning rituals I thought. A quick splash of water... I'll even wear the same tie. Who will ever notice?

So grabbing a quick day old biscuit, I raced down the stairs, slamming the front door which locked behind me.

Damn! I forgot the car keys! They were sitting still on the dresser, inside my locked apartment, and there was no other way to get inside.

jakeatolla

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Spladle said:

I don't know what you're on, but I'll have a double!!!!!!!!!:biggrin1::biggrin1: