Spector loses

swordfishME

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
How soon will he switch back to the Republicans? Or run as an independent (A'la Lieberman)

With the win here and for Paul in Ky it proves one thing- both the extreme right and extreme left have lost it. There is no way in hades the Democratic candidate now wins Specter's seat

B_jeepguy2

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
How soon will he switch back to the Republicans? Or run as an independent (A'la Lieberman)

With the win here and for Paul in Ky it proves one thing- both the extreme right and extreme left have lost it. There is no way in hades the Democratic candidate now wins Specter's seat

Thank goodness! I am so sick of bleeding heart left wing liberal Democrats, and bible beating right wing conservative Republicans running this country into the ground. Looks like the rest of America is starting to feel the same way. We need a REGIME CHANGE in Washington!:eek:

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Thank goodness! I am so sick of bleeding heart left wing liberal Democrats, and bible beating right wing conservative Republicans running this country into the ground. Looks like the rest of America is starting to feel the same way. We need a REGIME CHANGE in Washington!:eek:

Relax... it's a primary. No need to start doing cartwheels down the streets in celebration of some kind of "independent revolution" that's never going to happen.

B_talltpaguy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
^You can count on it... Western PA and Philly will allow him to walk away with it.

Your version of a thread is a 3 letter word and a punctuation mark? No article? Not even a link?

I also cheer Spector's loss, but dang bro, you gotta put something up for people to discuss!

flame boy

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
There is already a similar thread already discussing this issue - http://www.lpsg.org/184474-teabagging-big-hit.html.

This thread wasn't started with the intention of discussion and as other users have pointed out, it doesn't provide much of a talking point.

The thread is going to be closed and users are encouraged to continue the discussion in the thread above.

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Specter has a history of being a back and forther. It seems that his 'magic bullet' has stopped.

Once a Democrat, then a Republican- to become DA, then Senator, then switching back to Democrat when it was clear he wasn't the standard Republican (and most likely suspected he'd lose as such). He gambled and returned to the Democratic fold. They however wanted no part of him. After all, he did spend more than 30 years on the other side, so although the Senate welcomed him, there were always lingering doubts. Perhaps his derisions towards the veracity of Anita Hill during the hearings for the appointment of Clarence Thomas still linger in the minds of many.

At any rate, this is merely a primary and is not proof positive that the Dems will lose the seat in November.

Last edited:

TomCat84

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Specter has a history of being a back and forther. It seems that his 'magic bullet' has stopped.

Once a Democrat, then a Republican- to become DA, then Senator, then switching back to Democrat when it was clear he wasn't the standard Republican (and most likely suspected he'd lose as such). He gambled and returned to the Democratic fold. They however wanted no part of him. After all, he did spend more than 30 years on the other side, so although the Senate welcomed him, there were always lingering doubts. Perhaps his derisions towards the veracity of Anita Hill during the hearings for the appointment of Clarence Thomas still linger in the minds of many.

At any rate, this is merely a primary and is not proof positive that the Dems will lose the seat in November.

Let's not forget that he sold his soul so the GOP would make him chairman of the Judiciary Committee- AND he voted to pass the Federal Marriage Amendment through committee to the Senate floor, even though EVERYBODY knew they wouldn't come anywhere near the 2/3 threshhold.

slurper_la

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

pinspotter10

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Spector is 80 years old his time on the government dole needs to be over.

houtx48 - you beat me to my comment as I was reading down this thread.

80 years old now, 86 at the end of the term.

I sure hope it ain't Toomey, but it's time for Specter to step aside.

I don't want to see a repeat of Strom Thurmond's 100th birthday party with a corpse in a wheelchair holding office ever again.

B_talltpaguy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Maybe we should pass legislation requiring that elected federal officials can't run for office past the legally defined retirement age (presently 67, right?)... I would certainly be in favor of it. Old people tend to be increasingly clueless and disconnected from reality as they age, much like how a child suffers from the same disconnect.

Novaboy

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The United States has the longest elections in the world. I don't know of any other country that starts so far in advance of the election. Britain called their election and in about 5 weeks it was all over. Canada does it this way too. I don't know how you guys can stand it.....it's like the energizer bunny it just goes on and on and on....

B_talltpaguy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The United States has the longest elections in the world. I don't know of any other country that starts so far in advance of the election. Britain called their election and in about 5 weeks it was all over. Canada does it this way too. I don't know how you guys can stand it.....it's like the energizer bunny it just goes on and on and on....
Cuz the media figured out that the longer they drag it on, then the more money they make. The only thing that drives ratings for the corporate media more than elections is natural disasters, and they can't control those. (thank God)

TomCat84

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

These are just the primary elections, to determine who runs in the general election in November. California is holding one June 8.