Speeches

Discussion in 'Politics' started by TurkeyWithaSunburn, Oct 16, 2008.

1. TurkeyWithaSunburn

Gold Member

Albums:
    Do they actually change your opinion, ever?

I get so tired of listening to the stump speeches where they don't tell you anything more than you already know. They are more like pep rallies for the masses. I always hated pep rallies in high school. Seems more like the speech writers always want to preach to the choir, than provide clear visions or explanations.

For some reason I don't mind the old speeches, FDR and Ike for example. I think then the speeches had more substance; or maybe because it is history and you can judge the speeches as to whether they meant something in the longterm. :confused: Or I've just become a cynic. :biggrin1:

2. B_starinvestor

B_starinvestor New Member

You're right. Even Reagan had a lot of substance in his speeches. Nowadays its a media machine and propoganda event.

I think Stuart Smalley is writing McCain's stuff. WTF? He could have really nailed Obama last night, and he just doesn't. I think he likes Barry, believe it or not.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice