Speed - What does it do for you?

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
NineInchCock_160IQ said:
I've heard other people say the new Z06 can do 220. I don't believe it.

Im talking 2007 and 2008 prod.
There was alot of engineering that had to go in, and slow down that car to get it to hook up on daily driving.
From what I heard, that was one of the major things holding the car back from release into general public.
I drove ours when it was raining out, and I took it back in the garage.
Way too squirly on water, even with the massive tires and traction control.

Its got capability of well over 600hp on tap.
With an all aluminum 427, and performance mods waiting on the shelf,
Believe it.

But, again the price will keep it out of the hands of many american drivers, as im sure it will be over $70K.

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
dong20 said:
....there are only 4 'production' cars capable of 220 mph or more ; only three of those are currently in production and only two of those are on 'public' sale and I know which one I'd like to try...:smile:

senor rubirosa said:
Details please, Dong.

Sorry only two now in production, hadn't realised they stopped the Enzo in 2004.
  1. Buggatti Veyron 245 -253 MPH & 1000 BHP :eek: ...I didn't think this was available to buy yet but it seems it now is since Sep 2005 oops.
  2. Koenigsegg CCR 242 MPH
  3. McLaren F1 240 MPH (Out of production since 1998)
  4. Ferrari Enzo F60 221 MPH (Was never on 'general' sale and out of production since 2004)
There could be more but these are the ones I know..and I'd like to try the Veyron simply because it's so audacious.:rolleyes:

SomeGuyOverThere

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I don't usually speed, I have opened my car up a bit beforenow, but usually something bad happens, like I only just miss another car, or go slightly off the road.

So basiclaly I'll speed a bit, then realise I'm being a twat and taking my life into my own hands and then i'll slow down a lot.

D_Claude Hopper

Experimental Member
Media
I love speed, especially that white knuckle speed where you start to wonder about the aerodynamic of your car, and whether that really was the air dam, or the hatchback window (both of which have been lost out of cars before that i've been in).

My current cars governor kicks in at 130, which is fine, the high end of the motor is pretty close there. I still love that little nissan though.

My old firechicken made it to 153 (by the tach) once on an open road at night with the top up before I decided to start slowing down for the big curve in the interstate a few miles ahead. She was not a stock animal. With it down I never went over 120 in it. That car got LOOSE as hell with the top down at that speed, and it let you feel the back end get light. No need to spin it and die.

I had a friend who put a dirt track motor in his camaro when we were kids (this is the car the hatch blew out of). It only went 140, but it got there fast. Great car for power sloiding onramps and offramps (it's not drifting, but rather an art aquired on dirt tracks)

The fastest I've been was about 160 in a saleen mustang. That felt pretty damn fast.

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
dong20 said:
Sorry only two now in production, hadn't realised they stopped the Enzo in 2004.
  1. Buggatti Veyron 245 -253 MPH & 1000 BHP :eek: ...I didn't think this was available to buy yet but it seems it now is since Sep 2005 oops.
  2. Koenigsegg CCR 242 MPH
  3. McLaren F1 240 MPH (Out of production since 1998)
  4. Ferrari Enzo F60 221 MPH (Was never on 'general' sale and out of production since 2004)
There could be more but these are the ones I know..and I'd like to try the Veyron simply because it's so audacious.:rolleyes:

I guessed 3 of those when you mentined there were 4.. but I thought top speed for an Enzo was only 217.

I drive a '99 Viper RT/10.. top speed stock 187 mph conservatively, mine's a little bit faster than stock.

I'd like to test a Tomahawk, top speed estimated around 400 mph, but they've never actually produced these beyond the prototype and probably never will.

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
NineInchCock_160IQ said:
I guessed 3 of those when you mentined there were 4.. but I thought top speed for an Enzo was only 217.

I drive a '99 Viper RT/10.. top speed stock 187 mph conservatively, mine's a little bit faster than stock.

I'd like to test a Tomahawk, top speed estimated around 400 mph, but they've never actually produced these beyond the prototype and probably never will.

I saw a few max speeds for the Enzo so kind of took a rough mean.

http://www.rsportscars.com/eng/cars/ferrari_enzo.asp says 225
http://www.allfastcars.com/fastestcars.shtml says 221
http://www.brain-damage.co.uk/news/0411051.html says 218
http://www.supercars.net/cars/1934.html say 217.5

Whatever it really is.....it's fast!!:smile: I saw the new Viper SRT10 tested on Top Gear, looked a riot, despite the dumb health and safety labels and the exhaust setting the door sills on fire...:biggrin1:

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
dong20 said:
I saw a few max speeds for the Enzo so kind of took a rough mean.

http://www.rsportscars.com/eng/cars/ferrari_enzo.asp says 225
http://www.allfastcars.com/fastestcars.shtml says 221
http://www.brain-damage.co.uk/news/0411051.html says 218
http://www.supercars.net/cars/1934.html say 217.5

Whatever it really is.....it's fast!!:smile: I saw the new Viper SRT10 tested on Top Gear, looked a riot, despite the dumb health and safety labels and the exhaust setting the door sills on fire...:biggrin1:
hehehe... I love everything about my car... even the sides of it getting super hot because I have to warn everyone who gets in "watch your legs" and I think it's funny. Though the gen II vipers have exhaust coming out the rear rather than on the sides, they still get hot because the tubes run through the side of the car still and the vents on the side...
I love the way it rumbles and shakes when idle... I love how I can spin the tires in almost any gear... I like the ridiculous oversteer... I like how it's so loud it sets off other people's car alarms... I like that it rides hard... I like that the massive tires make it so you can feel every bump and crevice in the surface of the road... I like that the interior is rather spartan (feels more like a real sports car to me)...... all the things people who dislike Vipers cite as negatives, basically. and all the universal positives too... balls to the wall acceleration, ridiculous high top speed, the finest automotive styling this side of a quarter million dollars...

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
NineInchCock_160IQ said:
hehehe... I love everything about my car... even the sides of it getting super hot because I have to warn everyone who gets in "watch your legs" and I think it's funny. Though the gen II vipers have exhaust coming out the rear rather than on the sides, they still get hot because the tubes run through the side of the car still and the vents on the side...
I love the way it rumbles and shakes when idle... I love how I can spin the tires in almost any gear... I like the ridiculous oversteer... I like how it's so loud it sets off other people's car alarms... I like that it rides hard... I like that the interior is rather spartan (feels more like a real sports car to me)...... all the things people who dislike Vipers cite as negatives, basically. and all the universal positives too... balls to the wall acceleration, ridiculous high top speed, the finest automotive styling this side of a quarter million dollars...

I'm with you mostly...but give me a DB9 over a Viper any day...sorry.:tongue:

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
dong20 said:
I'm with you mostly...but give me a DB9 over a Viper any day...sorry.:tongue:

no need to be sorry. One more thing I love about my car... it's aimed at a niche market. It doesn't try to appeal to everyone. It's not ubiquitous like the Mustang.

Though DB9s are even more rare in the US..

joker

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Rikter8 said:
Production cars are no fun.

The first thing you want to do, is lower the temp, free up the exhaust, port the heads, better induction, and PROGRAM for the changes.
Get rid of those pesky rev limiters and speed govenors.

I'm more into american muscle cars.
It's a good feeling when you can open up a set of mechanical secondaries and your held tight in the seat by high torque as you bury the needle and peg 8,000 rpm on the motor.

I dont think there is ANYTHING wrong with unwinding on public roads.
Speeding may be wrong for YOU mr california...but its not for me.
For the rest of the world, we have open highway, big carbs, big cubes and lots of free open roads to have fun.

The most dangerous and risky habit? I disagree.
What about Drugs? What about alchohol?
I believe the risk of Driving Drunk home, or dealing in drugs is MUCH higher risk of death, than being completely coherent, and IN control of what your doing.

The only problem I see is alot of younger drivers don't use the appropriate roads for speeding. Residential areas and through town aren't the place to speed because theres always going to be some dumb shit thats going to pull out in front of you.
The problem, I believe falls back on the parents.
They dont teach their children anything. Most parents nowadays shiver to open the hood, so their children grow up completely clueless on what makes a car tick.
If they worked on one, they would learn appreciation for the auto, how it works, and what to do, and not to do.
A disposable society doesn't help matters.

I also agree with the needless ticket statement. I don't have any points for speeding, as I do it when/where it is appropriate.
Tickets are a complete waste of time in rural areas.
The police are a needed commodity - so put them where they belong. Looking for criminals, drugs, murderers, child molesters etc...

Again, this thread was started for people of like thoughts, and NOT to post "Speeding is dangerous..etc" READ THE DAMN THREADS BEFORE YOU POST!

Totally agree!!! I've worked on cars since I got mine...my husband rebuilds them...it's really the only way to understand a vehicle.

ClaireTalon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
joker said:
Totally agree!!! I've worked on cars since I got mine...my husband rebuilds them...it's really the only way to understand a vehicle.

It is, I have a '67 Mustang, and I know a thing or two about screws ;-) The bad thing about new cars is that they're so stuffed with electronics, it takes a Master Degree in EE to work on them in earnest. That is, after you managed to crack the protective casings that shall keep unskilled hands and independent garages away. Some of the new cars won't even let you change the battery any more.

Nothing like adjusting the ignition and the valve timing by ear.

D_Coyne Toss

Expert Member
Media
I drive an average 3000 miles per months, and lucky i enjoy it. I like speed and i get annoyed by turtles driving at 45 kmh in brad roads where limit is 90 or more.

Even though, the fastest i usually get is 160 kmh in motorways: the limit in Italy is 130 kmh, and additionaly, roads are so crowded that driving faster than 160 is a sucide attempt.

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Proudly_Italian said:
I drive an average 3000 miles per months, and lucky i enjoy it. I like speed and i get annoyed by turtles driving at 45 kmh in brad roads where limit is 90 or more.

Even though, the fastest i usually get is 160 kmh in motorways: the limit in Italy is 130 kmh, and additionaly, roads are so crowded that driving faster than 160 is a sucide attempt.

Since when have Italian drivers ever paid any attention to traffic rules..or even other traffic come to that...:tongue:

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
NineInchCock_160IQ said:
hehehe... I love everything about my car... I love the way it rumbles and shakes when idle... I love how I can spin the tires in almost any gear... I like the ridiculous oversteer... I like how it's so loud it sets off other people's car alarms... I like that it rides hard... I like that the massive tires make it so you can feel every bump and crevice in the surface of the road... I like that the interior is rather spartan (feels more like a real sports car to me)...... all the things people who dislike Vipers cite as negatives, basically. and all the universal positives too... balls to the wall acceleration, ridiculous high top speed, the finest automotive styling this side of a quarter million dollars...

Sounds like my Trans AM.
I like the styling of the new viper's but Couldnt see spending that much cash on a car.
Your absolutely right on the Niche.

I'm more the type for spending less, and getting more though.
You can get a $2500 piece of junk to do 200mph pretty easily.
It may not get there as fast as the high dollar sports cars, but it'll certainly send a rude awakening when you pass them at the 180+

C

Mattness

Expert Member
Media
Kirkland, WA (Outside of Seattle, Washington)
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
What did speed DO to me?

Some selfish idiot that thought speeding was fun hit me after traveling 65 in a 35 mph zone and forced me to have spinal injuries (and a related 6-hour operation) and to deal with chronic pain EVERY DAY OF MY LIFE.

Pain so intense I take pain medication 3 times a day to get rid of it and am just out of a wheelchair after 5 years.

That's what speed DID to me...please drive the speed limit, folks and don't tailgate.

rhino_horn

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Mattness said:
What did speed DO to me?

Some selfish idiot that thought speeding was fun hit me after traveling 65 in a 35 mph zone and forced me to have spinal injuries (and a related 6-hour operation) and to deal with chronic pain EVERY DAY OF MY LIFE.

Pain so intense I take pain medication 3 times a day to get rid of it and am just out of a wheelchair after 5 years.

That's what speed DID to me...please drive the speed limit, folks and don't tailgate.

very sorry to hear that, but there is such a thing as responsible speeding...like when you're the only one on the road. i dont think too many people, other than the occasional idiot, would joyride in a residential area.

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Mattness said:
What did speed DO to me?

Mattness,

Sorry for your pain and aggrevation.

Speed didn't do that to you - A Wreckless Inexperienced poor driver did that to you.
Speed is just a byproduct of his actions.

But I do understand your frustration.

C