Speedo Addiction!

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by matt121matt121, Aug 17, 2008.

1. matt121matt121

Gold Member

Albums:
    I just have a question, does anyone else here have what feels like an addiction for collecting/buying/wearing speedos?

I have probably like 50 or more, but I keep looking at them online on swim websites and ebay and it seems I just keep wanting more and more. I keep trying to tell myself that I don't need anymore, but I just can't help myself.

Like there is a design I like right now and I just got it in blue and now I want it in red and black. And I have gotten several suits off of ebay that I already have in a size 34 in a size 32 for a tighter fit, I'm not sure why I've been doing this as there isn't a huge difference in fit.

And I already have plenty that are in great condition that I wear for lap swimming, etc, and I've even gotten to the point where now I have to match my boardshort and speedos, so they cordinate with the shorts, though most of the time the shorts will be removed shortly after arriving at the pool. or if I'm at a waterpark I might wear them for a bit, and love the way that boardshorts can hang to show the top part of the speedo to the crowd so everyone knows I'm wearing one.

fjdksla likes this.
  2. SpeedoMike

Gold Member

there are more guys into speedos than you realize. over the years I've owned many many pairs from maybe 15 or 20 manufacturers. Alas, the products of the past were far superior to what's available now. there were lots more styles and brands with lots of colors, graphics, and prints.
    email/PM me if ya like.

3. Hanger2

Hanger2 New Member

I wore Speedos for years, when they were made of non-stretch Nylon. I had a few but would not say that I was addicted to them. I wore mine mostly with the liners removed so that only a thin layer of Nylon seperated my goods from the world. Now the Speedos are Spandex and I really don't like them. I have a low-cut Brazilian swimsuit now that I wear in preference to a Speedo.

4. Industrialsize

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    um........I own as many speedos as you do! You may want to check this website:
    http://www.spandexguys.com

My username there is Pfeliks. The site is filled with profiles and galleries of guys into speedos. It's a free site, though you have to register

5. tiagra

tiagra New Member

I love speedo pics, but I don't think I'm addicted

6. Fire Stick

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I wouldn’t say I have a Speedo addiction, but I do have a collection of them – certainly way more than I need. They are fun to wear, easy to buy, and inexpensive relative to other pieces of clothing, so why not be indulged. Having grown up in a conservative small town in Texas, I didn’t begin wearing Speedos until I was a young adult, living in an urban area, and going to pool parties or to the beach where I could wear one without it being sensational or shocking. I know not everyone likes them or is comfortable wearing them in all public situations, but I think any guy with a decent body looks good in one.

7. chadstallion

Gold Member

Albums:
    if the right person is wearing them I find the speedo a total turnon. Since I've got what could graciously be called 'child bearing hips' I dont look good in them at all. If I had single digit body fat and/or hips like a A and F model, I'd be in them all the time.

8. Domisoldo

Gold Member

Albums:
    Addiction is too strong a word for my case but lately I've found the jammers really pleasant to swim in.

For a while I thought the standard double-lined "Spring Break" trunks were good enough for me because I am not Michael Phelps but those create a LOT of drag in the water.

I switched back to Speedo jammers

Speedo.com - Men's Dash Jammer

9. Gl3nn

Gold Member

I loved to watch the olympic diving... the tiny speedo's on those guys might have been a part of the reason :p

sdbg likes this.
  10. Fire Stick

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I checked out your gallery. So what if your hips are not narrow? You have a good body and would look great in a speedo. :wink:

11. matt121matt121

Gold Member

Albums:
    please explain what you mean by having "child bearing hips"? I haven't heard that expression before.

yea I don't like jammers, haven't ever really worn them, just don't think they look good on me at all.

But guess there better than "spring break" trunks, I totally don't understand why any guy would go swimming in them as they are definatly not practicle.
    I mean you can't:
    1. Get a good tan
    2. Actually swim, since your wearing a boat
    3. you have alot of wet fabric that takes forever to dry to take home with you after your swim.
    4. At a waterpark you can't enjoy the full effect of slides etc, since you have so much drag.

Has anyone ever rode a waterslide in trunks and then gone down it again in a speedo style suit (though i wear nike's mostly) and you can totally feel the difference in the speedo suit the slides are so much faster its insane.

12. eastbaydude

eastbaydude New Member

Albums:
    Matt -

I've been on a masters swim team on and off for years so I've become acusotomed to wearing Speedos. Just about everyone on the team wears them. I also wear Speedos when I'm doing open water swims or working on my tan.

Here are a couple of photos for you.

Attached Files:

beach_bud likes this.
  13. D_Poppy_Cocque

D_Poppy_Cocque New Member

Love every color on that eastbay! :tongue:

14. Careym

Careym Member

Chad, I have to say, you are one of the most handsome men on this site. Your body photos are fantastic. Child bearing hips or not, I think you would look great in a speedo. I love your legs.

alun10 likes this.
  15. D_Dingus Nosedigger

D_Dingus Nosedigger New Member

Ha, it would take alot for me to actually wear a speedo, but I certainly do like looking at pic's of them :)

16. BLOC

BLOC New Member

From my perspective as a female...I love looking at them! The allure of what lies beneath is just so delicious. Is he flaccid? Is he slightly tumescent?? Is he hard??? Will it get bigger if he notices me looking at him???? My mind just boggles at the possibilities.

Admittedly, SOME men should not wear them in public...but even in private, they are just a treat to look and feel. I especially love to feel the change in hardness as matters in hand progess. Gawd...I'm working myself up into a right state just typing this :redface:

I confess to having a bulge fetish, and for me there is nothing more erotic than seeing a delicious bulge teasing me in a pair of speedos (or spandex, lycra, etc etc). I've mentioned it in a previous post, one of my favorite sites for researching *cough* bulges, is the Bulge Research Institute. Yes, it is a clickable link that will take you there.

Enjoy, while I go ummmmmm...you know:wink::biggrin1:

beach_bud and thonglife2010 like this.
  17. Chicago_Swimmer

Chicago_Swimmer New Member

Albums:
    Yes, I have quite a collection of speedos.

18. chadstallion

Gold Member

Albums:
    sure. I have large hip bones and they are placed exceptionally high up. proportion to torso/leg is off. I would have to have 3% body fat in order for those 'love handles' look not to be present. An ounce of extra fat hangs over the speedos. IF I pull the speedos up to where they are at the top of the hip bone, then it looks like I'm an old man wearing pants up to his neck...not styling. bummer.

19. vibrationzzz

Gold Member

Albums:

Now the REAL reason appears why you enjoy swimming so much, lifesavers in speedos....all those guys lined up on starting blocks, hard bodies poised to plunge into the water. :)

20. Gary Fl

Gary Fl New Member

Yup, I would say I have a speedo addiction. I'm older now, 58 and STILL wearing them around my pool and at the beach. I'm not over weight can could care less what some other guys might think - and yes, I'm married. I've got a drawer full and the collection is still evolving. For me, it all started when I was a kid and I saw the swimmer, Don Schollander, swim in the 64 O.games. He was a blond, all american looking kind of guy who looked fantastic in his tight nylon red, white and blue speedos. I was hooked. Later, I was on swim team in college and the collection grew. I thought my interests would subside over the years, but I still can't get enough of them.
    I live in Florida, so the climate is perfect most of the year for sunning and swimming in my speedos. So, the morale of this story is: Love em? BUY EM! If they make you happy, who cares?!

Draft saved Draft deleted