Speedo fashion advice

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by flaimboy, Oct 18, 2011.

1. flaimboy

flaimboy Active Member

Albums:
    Hi all, after some help in the style department.
    Huge fan of brief cut swimwear (aka speedos -the style, not specifically the brand) and I'm wanting to get a new suit for the lead up to Summer (hooray for the Southern Hemisphere!)

Can people with more fashion advice provide some suggestions on what style/colour/brand etc would suit me best.
    NB: I have very pale skin & a bit skinny. Not muscley but sort of toned I guess (struggle to gain muscle, largely because I get distracted/bored too easily to workout)

Pics provided to give you an idea of my bodyshape.. (sorry about the quality, taken on phone camera or webcam..).
    Would be very grateful for some honest, knowledgeable help from people, cheers.

Attached Files:

2. flaimboy

flaimboy Active Member

Albums:
    ... & some of the back in case it helps.

Attached Files:

3. wader55

wader55 Member

Albums:
    The suit in Pic 3 looked great on you. Pic 2 was very nice as well but I favor No. 3 as far as style.

4. flaimboy

flaimboy Active Member

Albums:
    Thanks Wader, appreciate your input.

5. jeff2982

jeff2982 New Member

Albums:
    Seriously buddy, your body can pull any of them off. So it's just which one appeals to you most. I like the one in pic28 because it looks most like a swim team suit. The dark one with the white patch in the front draws the eye to your crotch, which is good too. Go for it, you look great in all of them, except the trunks, they don't do you justice.

6. flaimboy

flaimboy Active Member

Albums:
    Thanks Jeff,
    You are right, pic28 is in fact a team suit. And yes the square cut does draw the eye (the white goes a bit see thru once it's wet - something i didnt realise until I got out of the public pool! :\ ).
    Was after advice on new suits I could try/buy. Any suggestions on brands/cuts (smaller or squarer etc) as well

7. josty

josty Member

Albums:
    The 2nd pic in first post looks very nice on you, perfect compliment to your shape and skin tone. The 3rd pic in the first post looks good front and back, but I think the white crotch looks a bit silly to be honest. Aussiebum "Squad" range is very nice or "League." I think the dark colors suit your more but anything really works since you are in such great shape.

8. TforTrapeze

TforTrapeze Member

Albums:
    the square cut boxster looks really great on you, but yes, the coloring on that is really wierd. I'd go with a solid color. Something really sexy and manly to counter the cuteness of the cut and your body.
    Maybe like a solid slightly metallic pewter color?
    I just tried finding a good example pic for you, and the one I found comes in PEWTER :)
    how cool am I
    N2N Bodywear: Saber

9. sdbg

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    The TYR suit in photo 28 looks great on you. I like TYR or Speedo brands best. Aussiebum brief suits are made from nylon, not lycra. I've bought a few of them, but don't care for nylon. Royal blue or red would be good; possibly navy blue. I prefer suits with contrasting panels versus totally solid The standard athletic brief suit is the most appealing on your body; even moreso than the squarecut suit.

10. flaimboy

flaimboy Active Member

Albums:
    Thanks Josty, I'd have to agree with you, wasn't a huge fan of the white front once I got them, but wasn't sure if the cut suited me.
    I really need to emphasis just how pale I am (some of the photos give em a fake tan due to lighting/phone camera!!)

11. josty

josty Member

Albums:
    Only some Aussiebum suits are nylon, they have several ranges that are lycra blends or similar (stretchy rather than loose).

12. topnmale06

topnmale06 New Member

285 ++ was hot, u look great in anything - my favorite is pubes n hole shaved on a nude beach - that solves a lot of problems - you can wear anything

13. sdbg

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I've seen lycra in some of their suits that aren't standard brief cut. I bought one that is white, red, and blue stripes, but it's cut different in a way that I don't care for. I think that Aussiebum's most attractive suits are their original range - club maybe?

14. flaimboy

flaimboy Active Member

Albums:
    Thanks T, great advice. I was actually looking at a "steel" or "dark grey" coloured suit that i quite liked but wasn't sure about.
    I've had a pair of N2N brief cuts before and found them to fit really nice however they aren't terribly shy on... presentation.. out front and always felt a little too "on display" wearing them to the public pool, haha.

15. flaimboy

flaimboy Active Member

Albums:
    Thansk sdbg & yes i'd agree with you, AB do make some great suits, but i'm not a huge fan of the nylon fabric either having bought a few pairs myself. I also do like suits with more than one colour, even if it's just a line on the side or something similar.
    Thanks again.

16. flaimboy

flaimboy Active Member

Albums:

haha thanks for the advice top. I'll have you know I do in fact visit your favourite type of beaches and in the fashion you prefer- clean back to front. However it isn't entirely appropriate for public pool swimming!!

17. flaimboy

flaimboy Active Member

Albums:
    some of the AB's i was looking at. As previously mentioned I'm not a huge fan of nylon suits so more the Lycra style for me..

Stripes Lime - Swimwear range on aussieBum online store

Inspire Desire - Swimwear range on aussieBum online store

Sidelined Ultramagnetic - Swimwear range on aussieBum online store

Sidelined Myriad - Swimwear range on aussieBum online store

I also like the style of another Aussie brand 2wink but they are a touch on the pricey side unfortunately:

https://www.2wink.com.au:4512/shop/p-the-ledger.html

18. OzSpeedoBoy

OzSpeedoBoy New Member

Albums:
    if your interested in some other aussie brands teamm8 seem to be getting pretty big, I have already got heaps of free stuff from them in the past but they might be to simple for what your looking for teamm8 mens swimwear

19. flaimboy

flaimboy Active Member

Albums:
    Thanks OzSpeed, I've seen the teamm8 brand name before but I didn't realise it was an Australian brand. Quite like the red/blue square cut suit

20. hotman911

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    28 was HOT!! The trunks eh they were ok but I would love seeing you in any of them :p

Draft saved Draft deleted