Speedo mandatory swimming pools...

fliegles

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
midnight said:
Ok, I went to a gym the other day and had a great work out. Then I went to go and swim a few laps in the pool to cool down. This pool is open to the public with people of all ages in the pool. I went into the pool and the lifeguard stopped me because I was wearing normal swimshorts and not the speedo style ones. I pleaded with him that I didn´t know this and he let me go this one time. People were giving me stares and weird looks like I was offending them. So, long story short, how do I put speedos on without looking like I have a bananna shoved down there. I remind you there are families at this pool. Not cool. I think it is really a lame rule, and if I want to swim elsewhere It wouldn´t be next to my gym or near my home. >Speedos are lame!:mad:
Hi Midnight, I read you article and all the replies, so let me put my oar in too!:confused: First, take a deep breath and let it out very slowly. The type of trunks anyone wears at a pool should be one's own choice. However, if there are rules, just follow them and don't put any connotations on them.:wink:
I strongly suspect that your ideas of what is 'socially and morally' correct are the result of brainwashing by your wife/girlfriend/mother/sisterand/or those paragons of correctness, the fashion police. Speedos are not lame. Speedos are speedos! As far as shocking families with children who may come to this pool, wake up buddy. By the time they are two or three, little Mary or little Johnny knows that daddy has a peepee and mommy has a pussy. There is NOTHING obscene or dirty about a man (well built or not) wearing a speedo than there is about a women wearing a bikini. Little kids see THAT at the beach everywhere. Men wearing brief swimwear is common everywhere except in the U.S. and Canada (and I suspect it is less a matter of concern in Canada) and it is uncommon largely because of the aforementioned 'fashion police' and the religious right. Men have bulges between there legs for the same women have bulges on their chests. It is up to the parents to explain to their inquisitive children what that bulge is between your legs. If I had your build (I've seen your pictures) I would not be worried about how I looked in a speedo. (I'd like to see some pictures of you wearing one!). If you really don't like them, fine. Just don't start huffing and puffing about how obscene and anit-social they are. Enjoy life and be glad to display a great bod!:biggrin1:

fliegles

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
midnight said:
Ok, I went to a gym the other day and had a great work out. Then I went to go and swim a few laps in the pool to cool down. This pool is open to the public with people of all ages in the pool. I went into the pool and the lifeguard stopped me because I was wearing normal swimshorts and not the speedo style ones. I pleaded with him that I didn´t know this and he let me go this one time. People were giving me stares and weird looks like I was offending them. So, long story short, how do I put speedos on without looking like I have a bananna shoved down there. I remind you there are families at this pool. Not cool. I think it is really a lame rule, and if I want to swim elsewhere It wouldn´t be next to my gym or near my home. >Speedos are lame!:mad:
Hi Midnight, I read you article and all the replies, so let me put my oar in too!:confused: First, take a deep breath and let it out very slowly. The type of trunks anyone wears at a pool should be one's own choice. However, if there are rules, just follow them and don't put any connotations on them.:wink:
I strongly suspect that your ideas of what is 'socially and morally' correct are the result of brainwashing by your wife/girlfriend/mother/sisterand/or those paragons of correctness, the fashion police. Speedos are not lame. Speedos are speedos! As far as shocking families with children who may come to this pool, wake up buddy. By the time they are two or three, little Mary or little Johnny knows that daddy has a peepee and mommy has a pussy. There is NOTHING any more obscene or dirty about a man (well built or not) wearing a speedo than there is about a women wearing a bikini. Little kids see THAT at the beach everywhere. Men wearing brief swimwear is common everywhere except in the U.S. and Canada (and I suspect it is less a matter of concern in Canada) and it is uncommon largely because of the aforementioned 'fashion police' and the religious right. Men have bulges between there legs for the same women have bulges on their chests. It is up to the parents to explain to their inquisitive children what that bulge is between your legs. If I had your build (I've seen your pictures) I would not be worried about how I looked in a speedo. (I'd like to see some pictures of you wearing one!). If you really don't like them, fine. Just don't start huffing and puffing about how obscene and anti-social they are. Enjoy life and be glad to display a great bod!:biggrin1: And don't let anybody play social games with you.

Proud of what i have

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hi i had the opposite this week. Went to a meeting at a well known hotel chain. During some leisure time i decided to use the pool. Got changed and went to get in. The life guard asked if i would mind not getting in the pool and go with him to the managers office. Grabbed my gown and went to the office.
The manager appologized and asked if i had any bibber trunks as i was a little overexposed. I asked him just exactly what he was implying. He said i was obviously a very well endowed gentleman and i was revealing a little to much for a public swimming pool. i argued that my trunks covered everything and there was no raw fleshh showing just admittedly a very large bulge and outline of my penis. He was having none of it and would not move on the allowence of me into the pool. I decided to call it a day as i was upset and angry with how i was treated. and went back to my room.
Later that evening i decided to go to the sauna which was all male (all female was avalible aswell). Upon going in 75% of the males were all nude so off came my trunks. As i was looking for a seat i spotted the manager who i had the argument with earlier. i walked over to where he was and guess what he had small trunks on. I sat down next to him in all my glory. After a couple of mins he got up odded and went out. I could see when he stood up he was not very large downstairs and must have felt uneasy about what he saw when i sat down. This made me chuckle a little as he obviously felt as uneasy as i did earlier in our conversation. what goes around comes around i guess.

D_Mallaber Manynuts

Experimental Member
Media
Notwithstanding the last post, I've never known any rules in England on what to wear or not in a public swimming pool. Swimshorts? How can anyone swim in them? Endless drag and very uncomfortable for anything other than floating. For any sort of training swim close fitting trunks are the only kind to wear, surely? Various kinds of speedos or perhaps from Hom (French, I think).

Jose Latinoboy's got the right idea - see through's would however get you arrested for gross indecency!!!

londonredhead

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Proud of what i have said:
The manager appologized and asked if i had any bibber trunks as i was a little overexposed. I asked him just exactly what he was implying. He said i was obviously a very well endowed gentleman and i was revealing a little to much for a public swimming pool.

I can't believe someone actually said that to you! But great to hear you made him feel little in the sauna. I'm presuming you weren't wearing a thong and the guy was just jealous?

My pool does not allow shorts with no inner (ie football shorts) as your cock can fall out I guess? I like drag shorts as they make the swimming harder - they are also loose so lots of room up front for your package.

Recently in a spa in Denmark there was a sign to say you HAD to shower naked and showering you were to focus your cleaning in the shower! Guess that demonstrates the difference view of nudity around the globe!

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
midnight said:
I don´t want some kid staring at me and ask their mom "What´s that man got down his trunks?"
Think of it as a learning experience for the kids and their moms. Let the kid ask, and let her explain. Not your problem.

fliegles

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
londonredhead said:
I can't believe someone actually said that to you! But great to hear you made him feel little in the sauna. I'm presuming you weren't wearing a thong and the guy was just jealous?

My pool does not allow shorts with no inner (ie football shorts) as your cock can fall out I guess? I like drag shorts as they make the swimming harder - they are also loose so lots of room up front for your package.

Recently in a spa in Denmark there was a sign to say you HAD to shower naked and showering you were to focus your cleaning in the shower! Guess that demonstrates the difference view of nudity around the globe!
Hi Londonred,
You obviously do not know who uptight people and morals in the U.S. really are with regard to how men dress in public. Several years ago, in the state of Arkansas, a man walked into a McDonalds restaurant wearing a T-shirt, speedos and tennis shoes. The management called the police and had him arrested for indecent exposure! The man had just come from a public beach and was returning home. He saw no reason to change out of his trunks.

fliegles

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Proud of what i have said:
Hi i had the opposite this week. Went to a meeting at a well known hotel chain. During some leisure time i decided to use the pool. Got changed and went to get in. The life guard asked if i would mind not getting in the pool and go with him to the managers office. Grabbed my gown and went to the office.
The manager appologized and asked if i had any bibber trunks as i was a little overexposed. I asked him just exactly what he was implying. He said i was obviously a very well endowed gentleman and i was revealing a little to much for a public swimming pool. i argued that my trunks covered everything and there was no raw fleshh showing just admittedly a very large bulge and outline of my penis. He was having none of it and would not move on the allowence of me into the pool. I decided to call it a day as i was upset and angry with how i was treated. and went back to my room.
Later that evening i decided to go to the sauna which was all male (all female was avalible aswell). Upon going in 75% of the males were all nude so off came my trunks. As i was looking for a seat i spotted the manager who i had the argument with earlier. i walked over to where he was and guess what he had small trunks on. I sat down next to him in all my glory. After a couple of mins he got up odded and went out. I could see when he stood up he was not very large downstairs and must have felt uneasy about what he saw when i sat down. This made me chuckle a little as he obviously felt as uneasy as i did earlier in our conversation. what goes around comes around i guess.
AMEN! Proud, glad you made the old prisspot squirm!:cool:

pantsman

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I say just put the speedo on & forget about it! i like the speedo trunks anyway, look well sexy. why dont you take some pics of you wearing the speedo & post them on here so we can see what you look like in them?

smoothnhard75

Just Browsing
Media
midnight said:
I went into the pool and the lifeguard stopped me because I was wearing normal swimshorts and not the speedo style ones. :mad:

I've NEVER heard of that rule..perhaps that lifeguard was playing games with you cuz he thinks you're hot and wants to see more.

In my experience there are rules about having to wear proper swimwear (not cutoff denim shorts or cotton fleece or terrycloth shorts--must be actual swimwear) but not restrictions on it being speedo-style only. It could be that they were too long (below the knee isn't allowed where I swim) or that he thought your trunks weren't actually swimwear (did not have a lining in them--looked like basketball shorts).

Anyways, if you are going for lap swim you might find lycra briefs more comfortable than those loose trunks anyways--I really hate the way they drag in the water and even in water some of them can even chafe if you swim 50+ laps every day. If you're modest you could probably try the boxer-brief style or opt for spandex briefs. I've tried those options and though they work well to conceal I found them...ummm..far too "conforming". To put it bluntly, my balls would get squished up into my body and there was no real comfortable placement for my penis, even though the cold water would cause my flaccid penis to retreatto about 4 inches.

I've now settled onlycra briefs...Speedo and probably someothers make some that are "tailored" with a bit of a "pouch". They have a seam down the middle but the inner liner is still a single piece and covers the seam. Combined with the extra strechiness the tailored design is much more comfortable than flat-front briefs if you are of above-average endowment. Although the extra room will not do much to reduce the size of your bulge it will allow your penis to sit more naturally and it won't strain against the briefs. As a result you'll avoid the "banana effect" where you might look a bit aroused.

Don't worry about offending anyone or being embarassed, especially if you are selective about the briefs you wear. You can't avoid looking endowed in briefs if you are endowed, but you CAN avoid looking aroused, which is what would draw the unwanted attention. A large bulge that obviously looks flaccid will evoke more feelings of envy in others than anything else.

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
midnight said:
Well, it´s not so much being an exhibitionist at the pool, it´s just that I would feel uncomfortable wearing it in front of children and people who are with them. I don´t want some kid staring at me and ask their mom "What´s that man got down his trunks?" If there are only adults, fuck it , I don´t care. In fact I´ll whip it out and do the helicopter!

If you are following the attire rules and not obviously flaunting yourself or behaving lewdly, you've nothing to worry about. Even if families are present.

I've been there too.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
midnight said:

Maybe you could talk with your gym manager about that rule. Explain to them that you're well-endowed and don't want to show "banana and coconuts" with Speedos on. You aren't into being exploitative and not out to offend anyone. Wear your shorts. If they aren't very accommodating you can workout there but swim elsewhere.

smoothnhard75

Just Browsing
Media
Ionto said:
Depends on the country. In France it's obligatory in most pools - supposedly for hygienic rules. There has been a post on this - I'll try to find it.

More culture than country I'd think. If you go into a sauna in some parts of the US NOBODY is nude, even if it is a male-only or female-only sauna! I'm in Canada and unless the sauna is co-ed it is customary to not worry about being covered up (when both men and women are present you must have approproate swimwear on). In Scandanavian countries where saunas are very common I'm told that even in co-ed situations nobody bothers with clothes, so if you do have trunks on you actually look rather silly.

Also, back when YMCAs were male-only (here in Canada at least--there were YWCAs for women only later) when you went to swim laps you didn't even bother with swimwear. I don't recall there being a rule saying you had to be nude, but wearing a swimsuit was not mandatory and so everyone swam naked--it was a bother dealing with carting around wet trunks anyways! Most everyone had to deal with shrinkage, and even so guys came in all sizes and without the need to wear trunks or briefs there was no guessing about size or whether the person was aroused or whatever. You could tell nobody was aroused and differences in size were just a fact of life. I think this hangup on size in society is magnified by modesty.

Now YMCAs are co-ed (women can join too...but there are still women-only YWCAs. Go figure, the health club industry is a modern bastion of reverse discrimination nowadays). As is customary in Canada nudity is unacceptable in co-ed public spaces. As I said before though, Canada is some where between Europe and the US on the prudeness scale. If it is a male-only or female-only public facility (lockerroom or sauna or whatever) then nudity is acceptable. Brief-style swimwear is uncommon but not as much as in the US--if you wear one and are not fit/skinny then you might get laughed at but you won't be hauled in for indecent exposure.

Anyways, I'd much prefer to swim nude and not have to bother with swimwear at all--don't have to deal with wet swimwear in the backpack afterwards, or worry about how it fits or whatever. I HAVE heard of naturist clubs in Canada booking pools for "private functions" where there is co-ed nude swimming permitted. Naturists tend to be the least judgemental and most mature about endowment too so you'd not only be physically more comfortable you'd not have to worry about offending anyone or explaining to the kids what is in your shorts. If there was a naturist club who booked a local pool daily I'd be there all the time. For me, it's the whole concept of swimwear in general that sucks, not merely speedos.

Fortunately I've found a speedo brief that is the next best thing to being nude--it is a fairly high rise brief but it it made of very forgiving/stretchy lycra and is cut to allow for more room up front. So,it doesn't drag or rub or ride up during aquatic acivities like loose trunks can and it isn't uncomfortably confining or tailored in away that makes you have to press your penis against your body "up and to the side" like most other briefs or boxer-brief suits tend to do. It was definitely a relief not having to sport the "boner look" to be halfway comfortable in brief swimwear anymore.

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
smoothnhard75 said:
It was definitely a relief not having to sport the "boner look" to be halfway comfortable in brief swimwear anymore.

I hear that. When I was younger I wore my speedo suits with that stretched out "boner look" in the naive belief that it created less of bulge. It actually did create less of a bulge but revealed much more anatomical detail. My mind changed when I saw a photgraph of myself and I was a bit surprised by what it showed. Ever since I've just pretty much gone in for the "straight ahead" profile.

RupinX

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I used to wear a speedo to swim at my gym. After a few days I started to notice the giggles and quick glances etc...and started to feel like there was this whole inside joke about me and my member. Needless to say, I started to wear normal swim trunks.:rolleyes:

fliegles

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
BarebackJack said:
I agree with most of the guys here. If that's their rule, then you can't be faulted for following it. Then, if they are shocked or embarrassed at having to deal with seeing what God endowed you with it's their problem, not yours.

If there's not enough room in your speedo for the whole kit-n-kaboodle, you might try using the same technique this person did :eek: :
Gee Bareback! that's a right nice pair of labia majora in that picture!:eek:

jcxrm

Experimental Member
Media
I don't understand the original problem. On this (the east) side of the atlantic, we have swim shorts with built in briefs that keep your package in control, holding it together and not letting anything fall down the leg, although you wold probably want something firmer for sports. If you are swimming with shorts with no lining, then of course they will cling and show the outline of your equipment, and you will probably also suffer fall out. There are also such things as swim supporters, jockstraps with narrow waistbands, made of synthetic materials so that they dry quickly.
I did once see a guy in the showers of our local swimming pool, he was wearing a pair of white football (soccer) shorts and obviously had nothing on underneath, as his wet shorts were transparent where they clung to his skin.
I also once saw an arab guy, he had taken off his white nightshirt and was playing in the sea in a pair of plain white underpants. You could clearly see his full equipment. It was strange to see him together with his wife who was coverd from head to toe in black, even her face was concealed.