Speedo mandatory swimming pools...

dickman45885

Sexy Member
Media
I would love to have nude swim at our Y, however it is a family Y and doubt it would ever happen. The only nude area at my Y is the wet area and sauna. Nude whirlpool would be nice too.

heavy-chevy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I've never heard of any gym or public pool where that was a requirement and I agree that's a stupid rule. Personally, I understand your concern, I would feel uncomfortable if I had to wear one of those in public even if it wasn't a family environment. Contrary to what everyone else here is saying, I prefer the long baggy swim trunks. That's all I've ever worn and I don't think they're as much of an inconvenience as everyone says.

If everyone there is wearing them then I'm pretty sure they've already seen plenty of big packages so don't be too worried about what other people or their kids think. That's their problem. If you're still uncomfortable I would say keep it simple and just find another gym or pool that doesn't have such a rediculous rule.

matt121matt121

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Here is a sign that I made that should be posted at every pool accross the world.

This weekend when I was at the pool I couldn't help but think of the money that pools could save with the rule with how much water every guy was dragging out of the pool.

Attachments

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Hey Matt, you look mighty good in that speedo. Nice sign too. I think most United Statesians think speedos are gay. Any incidental notice of a man's physique by another man is by definition gay in our culture, and probably getting gayer all the time. To prevent that we have to cover up. I don't feel that way, but the U.S. is led by the tyranny of the majority, or often the tyranny of the vocal minority.

But it seems your generation isn't as worried about gaiety, but maybe more worried about nudity.

sdbg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Here is the one that I like:

8050032_407_dt.jpg

I liked it so much that I just ordered it.

iruka

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Also, Aussiebum.com has a line of suits called their "Loose Range," which might give you more room...

They fit great - just be careful you don't do what I did... I got the pink ones. Look great. BUT when wet go transparent. Gave the lifeguards at my local pool something to stare at.

I couldn't work out what the fuss until I looked down! Hurried out for an early shower <LOL>.

A

chris28

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Actually the logic, or at least as explained to me, was that board shorts (longer trunks) tend to be worn in other than pool areas carrying dirt, grass, and as previously mentioned pocket items into the pool. Some workout facilities and Y's are now requiring a shorter trunk (speedo type) or box cut. Board shorts, cutoffs and cargo type (many pockets) trunks are no longer allowed. Heard a 20 something carrying on the other day because his below knee trunks were unacceptable - his arguement was that he'd been wearing them EVERYWHERE for the past two days and that they sould certainly be good enough to swim in. Sounded like a good enough arguement to keep him, or at least his shorts, out of the pool.What I wear is a square cut in a dark blue as the lighter (and brighter) colors seems to become transparent when wet - which might be ok in some situations but not comfortable for me at a family pool.

matt121matt121

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Some workout facilities and Y's are now requiring a shorter trunk (speedo type) or box cut. Board shorts, cutoffs and cargo type (many pockets) trunks are no longer allowed. Heard a 20 something carrying on the other day because his below knee trunks were unacceptable - his arguement was that he'd been wearing them EVERYWHERE for the past two days and that they sould certainly be good enough to swim in. Sounded like a good enough arguement to keep him, or at least his shorts, out of the pool.

Where is this pool? yea that would definatly be gross for him to swim with shorts that hes been wearing for 2 days, and he probably wanted to swim with is icky boxers on too.

sdbg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

WellHung83

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
It's such a shame that speedos are not gaining popularity in Australia, the land of their creation, as there are plenty of hot guys who would look way better in a speedo that those god damn long board shorts that so many fit guys insist on wearing 24/7. Even the lifeguards around Bondi and St Kilda here in Melbourne now walk around with board shorts and big t-shirts, nothing like in the early eighties and nineties when I remember that they were happy to patrol the beach in nothing but those tight red speedos and bathing cap in yellow and red flag design. *Sighs* And it's always the one's with the most sexiest bums that insist on covering them up all the time.

sdbg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
It's such a shame that speedos are not gaining popularity in Australia, the land of their creation, as there are plenty of hot guys who would look way better in a speedo that those god damn long board shorts that so many fit guys insist on wearing 24/7.
Too bad! Seeing many guys on the beach in Speedos/Aussiebums would be one of the reasons I would want to vacation in OZ.

Dave NoCal

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Hey Dave:

How did you copy the flash link from Aussiebum's site? I tried to do it and had to settle for a different photo.

Your Aussiebum suit is hot. How do you like the fit?
I'm not sure exactly how I got the link to post. After fiddling with it a bit, it just I was able to copy and paste. That model most certainly is not me. However, I do have one of those suits and like it a lot. It has this quality of unintentional sexiness, especially if the drawsting is a bit loose. The fit is comfortable to my stricly average endowment.

sdbg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I do have one of those suits and like it a lot. It has this quality of unintentional sexiness, especially if the drawsting is a bit loose. The fit is comfortable to my stricly average endowment.​

I'm making a 5-day weekend out of July 4th and taking a road trip to AZ to visit friends. They have a big pool with a cave and waterfall. I'll bring my striped Aussiebum for sure, and the new Speedo if it arrives before I leave. They feel great in the pool compared to long shorts.​

perthjames

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Even the lifeguards around Bondi and St Kilda here in Melbourne now walk around with board shorts and big t-shirts, nothing like in the early eighties and nineties when I remember that they were happy to patrol the beach in nothing but those tight red speedos and bathing cap in yellow and red flag design. *Sighs* And it's always the one's with the most sexiest bums that insist on covering them up all the time.

Heaps of guys still swim or sunbathe in speedos, but walk around in boardies as it's more appropriate if you're going to a cafe or a nearby shop.

Reactions: Achaeus