Speedo or Board Shorts? Help needed!

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by SizableSchess28, Feb 16, 2012.

1. SizableSchess28

SizableSchess28 New Member

I'm going to San Juan in July for a wedding. Apparently, I'm staying close to a beach/resort that is gay friendly. I have a question: do you think it would be better to don a speedo or board shorts for the beach? I know it gets really humid and hot down there in Mid-July and just want to be comfortable, lol. I also know from reading and such, that it seems to be more socially acceptable to wear speedos and box-cut trunks on the beaches in the Central/South American countries. Help me out guys!

Thanks!

2. ruggerkit28

ruggerkit28 Active Member

Albums:
    Maybe not Speedos as such, but a very brief slip would be OK; but only if the rest of you is up to scratch - remember these latin boys are fit, suntanned, floopy black hair, designer sunglasses (get the picture?).

Board shorts are OK almost anywhere, and you would need them for going to/from the beach.

3. dude_007

Gold Member

a brief slip?

4. D_Harry_Scholnga

D_Harry_Scholnga New Member

gay -- speedo straight -- board shorts

5. carter2006

Gold Member

Albums:
    ^ This

But only if this applies ^

6. Pierced1953

Pierced1953 New Member

Albums:
    Gay/straight ok.....speedos and a pic please

7. BBB2.5

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    When are we going to get past Speedo's are only for Gay men? This drives me crazy.
    Op...are you going with a group? If so, ask the guys what they will be wearing to the beach. If you are comfortable with your body wear the speedo.. : )

8. D_Upsy_Daisy

D_Upsy_Daisy Account Disabled

Speedos (or tight swimwear in general) is viewed like it is the black plague in today's society.

I find tight swimwear far more comfortable than the long "boxer"{ type alternative...but due to social rules, I stick with the baggy stuff.

In an ideal world, the baggy swimwear would be viewed with the same disdain as "speedos" and speedos would be the accepted form of male swimwear.

9. sdbg

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Wear the Speedo and screw anyone who doesn't like it. You can always wear a pair of gym shorts over the Speedo and remove them when you want to.

10. matt19cm

matt19cm Active Member

Albums:
    This should be an in shape vs fat issue not a gay issue. If you are packin extra pounds, board shorts for you. If you are in shape and a big plus if you are packin a big bulge then please go for the speedo. It is hot to see thin young guys with a big package in a small swim suit.

Why is it that in real life it seems to be the opposite?

11. ruggerkit28

ruggerkit28 Active Member

Albums:
    Can I ditto that?

12. D_Inverbervie_Grossthynge

Yep... The gay vs. straight issue and swimwear is just ridiculous. If you have a tight body, a bikini or such is awesome, as are board shorts. I think the real issue is the lack of confidence in those who are afraid to wear tighter swimwear.

You have to be confident in who you are, and I find that typically the people who cry "gay" at a guy in a bikini are really more uncomfortable with their own bodies or their own sexuality, and it's easier to put someone down for it rather than accept the fact that something is attractive. If a guy that's insecure in his sexuality admits a guy looks good in it, he assumes he would be labeled as something he's not.

Come on guys, if board shorts make you comfortable, enjoy them. If bikinis make you comfortable, enjoy them, but don't let anyone project their own insecurities on someone who's confident in themselves to wear something that shows a little more.

13. Mario09

Mario09 Member

Height/Weight?
    If your fat, PLEASE DO NOT wear a speedo!!!

14. D_Inverbervie_Grossthynge

While I agree that it's not too hot if an obese guy is in a speedo, I've seen some beefy guys that a speedo compliments their body very well. Again, maybe it's the confidence they exude, or something, but as for a speedo vs. board shorts defining gay or straight, that's just silly.

15. BBB2.5

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Awesome ...!!!!!!

16. D_Cock_Hudson

D_Cock_Hudson New Member

Thankfully this is rarely an issue for me as I usually sunbathe or swim nude. Do whatever you feel comfortable doing.

17. CUBE

Gold Member

Albums:
    I got a pair of short boxer (swim suit) briefs last summer and walked the beach where the OP is going. I fit in fine. Saw lots of guys in them. Left the beach area with shorts pulled on over them.

18. erratic

Gold Member

The farther away you get from America, the less the puerile speedo = gay mentality thing applies.

Besides, there is nothing at all wrong with being gay, so fuck it. Wear the speedo if you want. Wear board shorts if you want. It's all good.

19. matt121matt121

Gold Member

Albums:
    I totally hate this analogy.. and this is the thinking that keeps guys swimming in pants, and keeps girls swimming in bikinis..

Wear what you want.. don't let what "society" thinks keep you from having a good time on your trip

Speedos are definitely more comfortable.. Less drag.. Better sun.. less to carry around.. And you can always be ready for the water by wearing them under shorts/jeans/etc..

This can be a good when you're first getting comfortable.. Though one problem with it is it makes a bigger deal out of wearing a speedo than is necessary.. as then you have to find the appropriate moment to strip your shorts off.. and then to cover or uncover is on your mind.. vs if you just go with the speedo with confidence no one will think twice about it and neither will you..

agreed.. there are definitely some guys that SHOULDN'T wear speedos.. but just because a guy has a bigger frame "think football player" with a bigger build doesn't mean he can't look good in a speedo..

and I disagree.. a big bulge is NOT necessary to wear a speedo.. as everyones bulge is going to be shrunk by the water anyways..

agree.. confindence is everything.. this took me awhile to accomplish.. now i just strip when I get to waterparks, beaches, etc.. and if i don't act afraid to wear speedos no one else thinks twice about it either..

very rarely do i hear anyone say anything bad about me and my friends wearing speedos..

agree.. everyone should just be able to have fun..

I know some of my friends aren't fans of speedos.. so they can just wear their baggy trunks..

If they don't try to tell me I can't wear my speedos, I won't tell them they can't wear their baggy shorts..

Draft saved Draft deleted