Speedos at Hotels/Resorts/on Cruse ships: Do you cover up?

matt121matt121

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Just had a thought:

When your staying at a hotel, resort, or on a cruse ship, and your wearing a speedo or other swim wear, but mainly a speedo...

My question is, do you cover up? on your way from your room to the pool or on the way back...

And if so, what do you cover up with?... shorts or just a towel...

also do you feel the need to wear a shirt too?...

I know some fancy hotels probably have specific dress codes that are published that request you to cover up, so this is mainly for the ones that don't..

I've done it both ways.. sometimes have covered up with shorts, or a drag suit and a shirt on the way to the pool.. but it always seemed rediculous to me to cover up on the way back when your soaking wet as this would get the cover up clothes wet, and its never good to have belongings left unattended, at big pools, waterparks, cruise decks, etc...

so what do you do?...

This might be a question better suited to the boards European/Australian/etc visitors... so please say the country you were in at the time of the occurrence your describing or mention where your from...

unabear09

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I say don't cover up. If someone has a problem with what you are wearing....its them with the problem. They shouldn't be looking at your package.

Blorkin

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I usually just wear a shirt and bring my towel and on the way back to my room i dont wear the shirt becuase i am soaking wet.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I usually stay at clothing optional resorts so it's a non-issue. However when I'm staying in more conservative digs, I keep a sarong and a tank top handy or shorts and a tee.

EagleCowboy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Not necessary. It's perfectly legal to wear a Speedo anywhere. So if I'm going to/from the pool, I don't worry about it.

TheHung

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I would to EagleCowboy, but some hotels have dress codes and if you violate them they have legal right to kick you out.

I'm not saying I'm against Speedos though. I would walk around the hotel nude if I could. I stay at regular hotels, not clothing-optional resorts, so…

matt121matt121

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Thanks for all the great responses so far...

What about on a cruise ship?...

I know this would vary in some ways by the cruise line, destinations, demographics, location, maybe even time of day, cabin location, etc., but just in general what do you do?

josty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Thanks for all the great responses so far...

What about on a cruise ship?...

I know this would vary in some ways by the cruise line, destinations, demographics, location, maybe even time of day, cabin location, etc., but just in general what do you do?

As a general answer I say: wear shorts or a cover-up TO the pool / lounging area at least. As for when you are damp and walking back, I would suggest going with the flow. Do you see other people doing it? I would emulate them out of respect for other patrons. Do women cover up going back and forth? Are other men wearing speedos/swim briefs at all? If not, I would cover up when not in the swimming area. If you are asking what you should be doing, the answer should be based on the context of the situation. Do what is comfortable for you while obeying any posted or implied regulations.

auncut10in

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
San Francisco (California, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I do some naked cruises for gay guys on my catamaran in the Mediterranean. So never a problem with any of these issues. If anyone wants some information on doing a naked cruise, check out the web site.
Gay Sailing Adventures Gay Cruise Mediterranean

matt121matt121

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I think it'd be a courtesy to others if you were in a hotel , etc to cover up. It'd be bad taste to wear a speedo across the lobby.

I think this totally depends on the hotel, and like I said I know some fancy hotels have specific rules about swimwear outside of the pool area, but I think most do not, and its sorta depends on the destination as well... I mean hotel in chicago pool, I'd say cover up... resort in the carribean, its probably anything goes.. any

How exactly is it a courtesy? Do you expect women to wear shirts over their bikini tops?

This is why I was asking, since this is sort of a double standard if women are allowed to run around a hotel/resort/cruise ship in nothing but a bikini, but guys are expected to cover up.

B_ccc888

Experimental Member
Media
I think this totally depends on the hotel, and like I said I know some fancy hotels have specific rules about swimwear outside of the pool area, but I think most do not, and its sorta depends on the destination as well... I mean hotel in chicago pool, I'd say cover up... resort in the carribean, its probably anything goes.. any

This is why I was asking, since this is sort of a double standard if women are allowed to run around a hotel/resort/cruise ship in nothing but a bikini, but guys are expected to cover up.

Swimming pools must have changing and shower rooms available. Change in there if available. If not, please show courtesy to other guests by covering up and not dragging your wet body and dropping water everywhere.

matt121matt121

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Swimming pools must have changing and shower rooms available. Change in there if available. If not, please show courtesy to other guests by covering up and not dragging your wet body and dropping water everywhere.

Well that just sounds like overkill to change at the pool.. and at hotels no they usually don't have change rooms available..

and i never said i wouldn't try off.. and speedos would drip alot less water everywhere than guys in boardshorts/trunks, as there is no good way to get those dry quick at all..

B_ccc888

Experimental Member
Media
Well that just sounds like overkill to change at the pool.. and at hotels no they usually don't have change rooms available..

and i never said i wouldn't try off.. and speedos would drip alot less water everywhere than guys in boardshorts/trunks, as there is no good way to get those dry quick at all..

Some hotels do have changing rooms, lockers shower
some don't

so courtesy and common sense must be used.

Speedos or not, must cover themselves up, the ladies are included.

and BTW

How ridiculous are those guys who wear those sissy board shorts saturated with water...........

Geezzzz...........

I bet they will drip all the way on the hotel floor and somebody will get a slip and fall accident.