Speedos, Bulges: the Evidence

D_Somer_Zieve

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
[Posted just for fun]

We were at a big Fourth of July pool party where 10 or 12 of the young guys (late teens, early 20s) were wearing Speedos.

I did some field research by surveying a demographical cross section of the ladies and came up with the following results:

Yuck.

Comments recorded included, "They must be doing that on purpose to make themselves look as ridiculous as possible."
"Please don't wear one of those when you get older." (said to my son)
"A couple of those guys need to tuck themselves in better."
"We don't need to see that."

Thus, we have proof. 100% of women surveyed don't want to see men in Speedos and don't want to see bulges in public. :lmao:

Well we don't want to see some woman in swim suits

twoton

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Well we don't want to see some woman in swim suits

I don't want to harsh any women, but truer words have not been spoken...or written. Seriously. You just want to ask, "What were you thinking when you bought that?" Where are Clinton and Stacy? Not everyone can wear whatever they want to wear.

On the other hand, it's so common that unless you pay attention you won't notice.

Same thing might happen if American men start wearing Speedos.

D_Snotty_Spooger

Experimental Member
Media
It's all about confidence. All round. To successfully pull off wearing speedos you better look toned and fit, or it's just a semi-naked meatsack wearing glossy underpants. Fit guys in speedos make your average male envious and a bit paranoid, especially if the Mrs keeps having sneaky glances at him on the beach/at the pool. This is why we 'hate them' lol, it's not so much about conservative societies, more personal expectations and a thinly-disguised covetous yearning.

I wear them 'sometimes' but only when feeling uber-confident and on a 'big-dick day' as they do kinda reveal all

AtYourCervix10

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
i've dated women who love how big i am and i am always trying to take them to the beach or pool, when i do, i ALWAYS ask to wear my thong/speedo. and they ALWAYS SAY NO!!!! Women hate it. i don't know why. these are the same women that love how huge I am but for some reason they say it's a HUGE turn off to see a guy in a speedo. They want me to wear board shorts, they say board shorts are "much sexier." i don't get it. maybe a woman could explain it. i dunno. women never made much sense to me.

dong-in-khakis

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
A speedo has its place, at the Olympics, that's where they are in their element.

A bulge in public.. to me if it looks natural it's sexy. Some take it overboard. Some try way too hard and it looks ridiculous in my opinion.

A slightly heavy up front basket looks hot.

Here's (to me) right and wrong. First pic is natural, second is trying hard as hell. Some like an in your face bulge I'm sure, to each his own.

Attachments

• Love
Reactions: HeavyTackle

D_Morgan_Wood_Pecker

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
In my personal opinion, speedos look stupid - like an adult diaper. They aren't flattering on most men, even those that are in shape. I can see why women don't like them. The only guys who can really pull it off have swimmers bodies and long torsos. I also don't like briefs. I think they're uncomfortable. All of this has nothing to do with modesty. I love showing a bulge, and getting naked, especially in front of other guys. I usually wear boxer briefs and try to find the ones that really expose the shape of my package.

jockmaestro

Loved Member
Media
In my personal opinion, speedos look stupid - like an adult diaper. They aren't flattering on most men, even those that are in shape. I can see why women don't like them. The only guys who can really pull it off have swimmers bodies and long torsos. I also don't like briefs. I think they're uncomfortable. All of this has nothing to do with modesty. I love showing a bulge, and getting naked, especially in front of other guys. I usually wear boxer briefs and try to find the ones that really expose the shape of my package.

I cry you nay. Speedos are hot as hell on guys with the right bodies (tho' I agree on out of shape guys they're lame). Like the poster a couple of guys above you, I have no idea why women freak when Speedos show up. I can't see how covering up your thighs and knees (in some cases) with board shorts is sexier. WTF?

wappingite

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Wearing a speedo has nothing to do with "showing" bulge etc. Women disliking speedos has everything to do with control of men.

The thing with speedos varies tremendously by where you live in the world. Americans seems to be REALLY hung up about speedos. I'm not sure why. Perhaps, people are put off by men being overly sexually objectified, so it's a gender role kind of thing, and women don't want their men noticed. Or maybe speedos are associated with being "gay", so it's good old-fashioned homophobia. There is a really irrational hostility towards them though that borders on being prudish.

Go to some places, and many men walk around town in speedos on a hot summer day. And no one cares or perceives it as sexualized.

NudePreston

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Americans seems to be REALLY hung up about speedos. I'm not sure why. [...] Or maybe speedos are associated with being "gay", so it's good old-fashioned homophobia. There is a really irrational hostility towards them though that borders on being prudish.
I vote for the Homophobia option. That seems to be the most derogatory verbal reaction...

S

SirConcis

If you are to do laps in a pool, wearing loose bathing suit is bad. And between a speedo, square cut lycra bathing suit and cycling style lycra bathing suit, they all show the same shape of body.

The big difference in "non swimming" environment is that board shorts are better able to hide the lower shape of the belly. So for people out of shape, it hides the fact that they are out of shape.

But that same person will still look "out of shape" whether wearing speedos or square cut lycras.

But a fat person in a pool doing laps in a speedo may look silly but at least they are doing something to get into better shape so that perhaps the speedo won't look as bad.

CUBE

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
some speedos are just shapeless...and a bikini style actually look much better. i think if you want to wear a brief suit you should. boxer briefs are really nice too and may be a good option for OP

nicecircjob

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I like to wear Speedos to get maximum sun exposure all over my body. I hate board shorts. They are in the same class as those stupid baggy jeans which I loath. All the baggy jeans and board shorts should all be burned. A fit person looks awesome in a Speedo. A fat person looks awful in a Speedo.

NudePreston

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
a plain and simple fact; baggy clothes make:
  • Fat people look fatter
  • Skinny people look skinnier
People think that if they wear over-sized and/or baggy clothes they are hiding the fact that they are too fat or too skinny. WRONG!

Same for board-shorts. If you're fat... and in board-shorts, then you look even fatter... as well, the longer shorts makes your torso appear longer and legs shorter, thus amplifying the fact that you need to loose weight!

As far as 'bulge' and the "smuggling grapes and bananas"; that's an American problem and paranoia. We are taught these days that the beautiful human body is a bad and ugly thing.

Believe what you will, but to those who 'claim' a religious reason for covering-up; God created the most amazing and beautiful things: the human body... and didn it NAKED! :biggrin1:

ColonialBoy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The thing with speedos varies tremendously by where you live in the world. Americans seems to be REALLY hung up about speedos. I'm not sure why.

Australia invented Speedos so its not out of place here. Our senior politicians flaunt them, something that would be a scandal in the US.

I am amused by some bigger guys at the pool who try to wear them, sometimes their cup runeth over.

Tony Abbott breaks Speedos ban promise | News.com.au
'Budgie smuggler' stunts a boost to tourism - Travel - smh.com.au

nicecircjob

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't think circumcised guys are embarrassed by the fact their corona outline shows in a Speedo. I know I'm comfortable if mine is showing. Some Americans are simply weird about not wearing Speedos. As I stated earlier, I like getting tanned all over my body. I sometimes tan nude in my back yard, (privacy fence).

Exbiker

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I wear speedo and similar brief swim trunks.

I think people who try to stop some men wearing them, basically want everyone at work - making money, or buying products as a consumer - and simply can't stand the idea that people are, first and foremost, bodies, and not economic, social, political or religious units ...

Too bad. I will not be made miserable by your stupid narrow mindedness !!

Last edited: