Speedos, Bulges: the Evidence

D_Alec_Baldtwins

Account Disabled
Media
I feel bad for any man who makes his choices for anything, even his choice of swimsuits, based upon what today's typical puerile women think. I'm in my 40's. I wear Speedos. I'm a swimmer. I still have the body for it. Don't like it? GO FUCK YOURSELF!

bar4doug

Loved Member
Media
The thing with speedos varies tremendously by where you live in the world. Americans seems to be REALLY hung up about speedos. I'm not sure why. Perhaps, people are put off by men being overly sexually objectified, so it's a gender role kind of thing, and women don't want their men noticed. Or maybe speedos are associated with being "gay", so it's good old-fashioned homophobia. There is a really irrational hostility towards them though that borders on being prudish.

Go to some places, and many men walk around town in speedos on a hot summer day. And no one cares or perceives it as sexualized.

It is very possible that the market splintered in the past. As I understand it, speedos were more commonplace in the past, then boardies took over. I want to say the straight masses took to the boardies, because that's what women wanted to see men in. Look at NBA hoops.. bye bye short shorts...

Now, who is left to embrace the speedo? Swimmers and gay men. Swimmers wear them for drag (no pun intended), and gay men like seeing bulge. When fashion changed, who was left behind? That is why I think the populace sees them as gay.

In domiciles where the speedo never went away, it's not an issue. But in the US, the speedo disappeared from fashion in the 80's, and ones left embracing / wearing them probably outed themselves...

I am by no means stating that everyone who wears a speedo is either a swimmer or is gay, but what I am saying is that the populace sees them that way, because fashion has dictated it so. Sad but true.

HorseHung40's

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I wear speedo swimsuits, and, like it. I find it interesting that there are people on this site, who seem offended by speedos. On this site, there are people that:
1.) Advertise the size of their penis;
2.) Fantasize about their fetishes;
3.) Itemize their perversions in minute detail;
4.) Post photos of others taken by camera phones, so, likely unauthorized.

Despite all of the foregoing, they are offended by this. Likely, in real life they have adequacy issues. Well I don't. Deal with it.

CUBE

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I go to a large gym in the OC. I would say the vast majority of men who swim there either have a speedos type suit or biker shorts styled swimwear. Only a very few have boxer styles and they tend to be older. So not thinking this is just gay fashion as mentioned above.

sdbg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I feel bad for any man who makes his choices for anything, even his choice of swimsuits, based upon what today's typical puerile women think. I'm in my 40's. I wear Speedos. I'm a swimmer. I still have the body for it. Don't like it? GO FUCK YOURSELF!
I love it! Well said!

bar4doug

Loved Member
Media
I go to a large gym in the OC. I would say the vast majority of men who swim there either have a speedos type suit or biker shorts styled swimwear. Only a very few have boxer styles and they tend to be older. So not thinking this is just gay fashion as mentioned above.

But do you see them worn as casual swim wear? You write that you see them in a gym. Not exactly where fashion shines...

bigunzippedstudent9

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Personally I think they are most associate with gay fashion. I'm in North America here, for the context. If I saw a guy age 18-40 in speedos here in a non-competitive environment I might be inclined to think he's possibly gay (obviously there are other factors, so don't scream at me, i'm not saying he IS gay). For example at a random public pool or the beach here.

If I saw it at the university gym where lots of varsity athletes are training, it is not out of place. Many many guys wear them there, but I have a hard time picturing them outside of that university pool wearing them

BBB2.5

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I had a random thought , where I live we have a department store called "Old Navy". Actually the are everywhere I think. a lot of people shop there because they are cheap and fashionable. I think if store like these began to change what the offer guys, like a speedo type bikini swimwear, or even shorter swim shorts, things could possible change. They did it with skinny jeans.....just a thought.

someperson

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
. Likely, in real life they have adequacy issues. Well I don't. Deal with it.
Small penis issues?

It is very possible that the market splintered in the past. As I understand it, speedos were more commonplace in the past, then boardies took over. I want to say the straight masses took to the boardies, because that's what women wanted to see men in.
kinda true I saw this women just starring at me while wearing board shorts this was at the beach her husband was right next to her too. I was sporting a bulge but looked natural and not very excessive. Definitely staring below the waist too ..

Last edited:

seanypoo

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
anyone else noticed the heartbreaking trend that younger guys and boys are not only wearing shorts past their knees to the pool but also with underwear? Can't possibly be comfortable and to have that kind of shame about your body is just what women have been fighting against for decades.

cliftoncock

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I agree with that last post. For heavens sake we are all human! We all have bumps and bulges! Male and female, young and old... we really need to get over this...

NudePreston

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I agree with that last post. For heavens sake we are all human! We all have bumps and bulges! Male and female, young and old... we really need to get over this...
YES! Thank you! Why is the human body in its natural state so demonized?

wishfulthinking

Just Browsing
Media
I so agree with you nudepreston. There are soooooo many, even here, that think if you are over 30 and have more than a 2% body fat you should be put away in a home somewhere so THEY do not have to see you. I do so pity them when they get older and things start to sag and not work as they should.