speedos in europe. help needed.

Pyreath

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I'm touring europe this summer, and I'll be going to italy and france and other countries.

I'm 18 and I'm wondering I should wear a speedo at the beaches? I've heard that its really common in europe but just want to confirm with you all here.

Cheers.

Joseph

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Ehhhh I never really thought it was some rule, I can say it's more typical to have speedos here, but no rule and definitely wouldn't say you SHOULD wear one at all cost.

Wear whatever you want! :biggrin1:

:eek:UNLESS you wish to wear nothing! Then ehhhh yeah only special beaches:wink:

beachound

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I would carry one with you then decide when you get there. I wish they were more common in the states.

sdbg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'd bring one along. A Speedo won't take up much space in your luggage, and you have the option to wear it if you want. Enjoy your trip!

D

deleted136887

If you are built like a lifeguard, wear one. Otherwise you will stand out like a dildo at a wedding. Wear baggies, see what the locals are wearing, you could always buy a speedo in Europe(they DO sell stuff in over there, you know! You may even get a beer!!!)

ruggerkit28

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
on the hotter (sun wise) beaches very brief, briefs are OK, but only if you have the body and tan to make them look their best. Sure to pull, whatever you are into.

Speedos are thought a bit naff, not 'designer' enough. Perhaps pack some (after all they don't take much room), then check out the guys when you get there and perhaps buy something a little more 'continental'. You will need boardshorts to wear to the bars and beach cafes.

Pyreath

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
hey guys, thanks so much. any suggestions on what type i should get? pics would be great! and more info on what to wear to european beaches much appreciated.

thanks!

ruggerkit28

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
m8, try checking out the aussiebum range, some of it is seriously hot, you could even wear the underwear briefs to the beach - I do, it makes a nice package, if you get my drift. :):)

Peter Wood

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I'm touring europe this summer, and I'll be going to italy and france and other countries.

I'm 18 and I'm wondering I should wear a speedo at the beaches? I've heard that its really common in europe but just want to confirm with you all here.

Cheers.

Speedo is not needed on beaches. Wear what ever you feel good in. If you go to a public swimming pool, hotel swimming pool etc. you need to have tight speedo swimwear. Triangle or square cut. Trunks are forbidden in most swimming Italian and French swimming pools. In other countries it depends on the owner of the pool.

Pyreath

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Speedo is not needed on beaches. Wear what ever you feel good in. If you go to a public swimming pool, hotel swimming pool etc. you need to have tight speedo swimwear. Triangle or square cut. Trunks are forbidden in most swimming Italian and French swimming pools. In other countries it depends on the owner of the pool.
thanks but i was wondering if its the norm to wear speedos? like whats the most common swimwear worn at italian beaches?

D_Jared Padalicki

Account Disabled
Media
You wear whatever you want. Speedo is probably more common in Italy, because at the westcoast of France (Atlantic Ocean) they will wear surferboards because of the waves and the chance to surf there.

Viking_UK

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
If you've got a toned body, go for a bikini style. If you don't look like an underwear model, go for a square cut. Speedos are less fashionable just now, with other brands taking a larger share of the market. It's worth checking out brands like Aussiebum, Hom, etc.

If you want to wear trunks, board shorts, etc, you won't stand out though as they're more common these days. However, if you go to a pool, some don't allow trunks or board shorts for reasons of hygiene and cleanliness.

eastbaydude

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
As someone who has traveled through most of Europe, Speedos are fine everywhere. You'll see them all over, on everyone, without regard to what they look like in them.

And, they dry quickly and don't take up much room at all. This make them a must for travel. If you're not sure or not comfortable, you can pull a pair of regular shorts over them.

B_ccc888

Experimental Member
Media
EUROPEANS and ASIANS don't fuss and act like hypocrites here.

We accept our bodies and sexuality.

None mind about a little meat bulges on Guys' underwear or swimwear

and as reminder Asians are far more conservative than Americans in sex and relationship

So my suggestion don't be shy wear a speedo and start show some gut there

and if possible

wear one here in the US

and to all those fussy folks

tell them to STFU.....

Pyreath

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
i think ill pick up a square cut, i doubt i have the right body to handle a speedo!

what colours would you all suggest?

matt121matt121

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
i think ill pick up a square cut, i doubt i have the right body to handle a speedo!

what colours would you all suggest?

Its not the most exciting, but the suit that I have been wearing the most recently is an all black nike speedo brief suit...its brief, but also conservative at the same time, and I like the fit of nike suits as they are looser and give more room than speedo brand and tyr suits and the fabric seems more durable as well since I've always thought that tyr suits seemed sorta on the thin side.

http://www.swimoutlet.com/product_p/4176.htm

I also have this suit in royal blue, but be cautious since the royal blue can show a bit of a dick outline, when the black you can't see anything at all...

Attachments

D_Jared Padalicki

Account Disabled
Media
EUROPEANS and ASIANS don't fuss and act like hypocrites here.

We accept our bodies and sexuality.

None mind about a little meat bulges on Guys' underwear or swimwear

and as reminder Asians are far more conservative than Americans in sex and relationship

So my suggestion don't be shy wear a speedo and start show some gut there

and if possible

wear one here in the US

and to all those fussy folks

tell them to STFU.....

You are really disturbing