Speedos on a cruise

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by large1988, Apr 17, 2007.

1. large1988

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    My wife and I are going on a cruise next month (my first) and she has bought me a Speedo. Do men still actually wear them? Are there more Speedos on a cruise than say at the beach or a pool? I don't want to be the only one.

2. Jushiro81

Jushiro81 New Member

If it's a square cut, and if you are in shape, I think there will be no problem using them.

3. Wrat

Wrat New Member

Albums:
    As mentioned above, in the middle, between the eas
    I did that years ago. I was visiting some (German) friends in Spain and I didn't have a swimsuit. So they said "Here, you can wear one of Wolfgang's swimming suits." and it was pretty much a strap with a little pouch on the front. Looked like a dance belt. When I got to the beach I was refre3shed to see that I was not alone and I went unnoticed.

On cruises I mostly see trunks. Nobody cares if you are wearing speedos. If you have the physique and wear them with a little confidence I'd bet you go almost unnoticed.

4. trufitjock

trufitjock Member

Albums:
    after a certain age.. noone should wear speedo's.. i dont care how fit you are !!.. lets say age 30

5. large1988

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Well, they are not square cut. And I'm over 30 and only average build, so I think I'll stick to trunks!

6. DM34

DM34 New Member

If your wife likes how you look in the speedo, you could provide her a private show in your cabin.

7. CUBE

Gold Member

Albums:
    I think you wouldn't just hang out in a speedo...walking all around the pool etc. But once you are laying down on the chair...in a more adult area...becasue some areas tend not to have familys as much..then you take off the shorts and show the speedo. I disagree with being over 30. If you have a nice physique...go for it. The thing is..not all speedos style flatter. Different brands and cuts make all the difference. Also if you get the next size up in sizing it fits better. If the speedo is actually to small on you it won't look good. Enjoy your body and check the thead out about bathing suits...many examples posted there.

8. Bryan_Lyte2

Gold Member

Here's my two bits.
    1) She got them for you because she likes them Because she likes speedos, likes something about your body, orshe wants to show you off as her triohy huband. All implying the fact that she wants to see you in them.:wink:
    Or
    2) She bought them because seeing you in them willl give her a chuckle. :tongue:

In either case it will please her to see you in them. As for what others think or say, think of the vegas saying "what happens on that cruise stays on that cruise.

By the way, go buy her a two peice, so you can match.:tongue:
    :cool:

9. crescendo69

Gold Member

I thought it was people under 30 who were afraid to even try speedos. At least that's the way it is at the pools in Tennessee, unless they are on a swim team.

10. MCC

MCC New Member

Hey, I'm under thirty, and I wear speedos (sometimes to the pool too!)

The ability to do these things comes from the confidence to first try, once you pass that stage and realise that people dont come running and pointing, you realise that you can do pretty much anything if you present it with confidence.

So really its up to you, if you decide to do it, do it with courage :)

If anyone looks, and they probably will, you can always disarm them with a smile.

11. BBB2.5

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I agree with Cube....especially the part about being over 30.....please, check out my avatar...I'm 41.
    If your comfortable wearing speedos then you should wear them. If this is your first time wearing one, then you may feel uncomfortable. Then you will not be able to relax and have fun. If that is the case, then maybe stay in your trunks.
    Sure people may look at you, but it's your choice as to what you think they are looking at.......:confused:

12. SKIPPY4

SKIPPY4 New Member

Sure, go and wear them. (Besides, they are already paid for) Anything goes these days. Many men wear them. But, if you are uncomfortabe or don't feel that you have the bod for it, throw in a pair of swim trunks to be safe.

The idea is to have fun and enjoy yourself.

Skippy

13. catman

Gold Member

Heck- maybe she WANTS her sexy husband to show off and make alllll the other women jealous of you and your big bulge?

Is this cruise meant to be 'romantic'?

Cruises can be great for romance (and we all know 'hotel room sex' is the hotest.... and a cruise ship IS a 'floating hotel')

I say go for it! It might also be a great compliment (I agree tho- be careful around familly areas....try the board shorts/speedo underneath suggestion).

main thing- have fun!

Enjoy her, and yourself.

14. CUBE

Gold Member

Albums:
    Oh, and we are going to need to see that speedo picture sir :)

15. WellHung83

Gold Member

Albums:
    Speedos are only really okay on a fit body, and I think that it is the ultimate compliment when a partner buys you something that will show it off like a speedo will do. Your wife obviously thinks your 'speedo worthy' and wants to maybe gloat to the other passengers while you are out there on the pool area on the cruise. I'd say go with it for a day and see how it pans out.
    In saying that, speedos are quite common, or indeed the only, form of swimwear that mean prefer in some countries such as brazil and some countries in europe. They are not so hung up over body issues as american and indeed now australian men appear to be, and so wear speedos much more often than say board shorts or even shorts with swim vests.

16. pumperguy

pumperguy Member

Albums:
    I wore speedos on a cruse and so did a lot of other men, in and out of shape.
    I love getting looked at and made quite a few new "friends" by the end of the cruse, including a crewman adnd a server!!

The woman loved it!!

17. HERCSURF

HERCSURF New Member

guys in speedos are sorta lame looking no matter what the dude looks like. I hot pair of low hanging boardies is wayyyy more sexy on a dude then a speedo

18. D_Roland_D_Hay

D_Roland_D_Hay Account Disabled

I am not a speedo fan, but I have been on several cruises. ON a cruise you will see everything. As long as you don't care no one else will either. Get comfortable, have fun and after several cocktails you really won't care what you or anyone else has on.

19. Lifeguard

Lifeguard New Member

My wife and I have been on several cruises and I've only seen one guy wearing a Speedo.

20. DiegoID

DiegoID New Member

It really depends on the cruise line, and the location that you are at. I was on a MSC (Italian) Cruise company in the Carribean, and I saw all sorts of speedos on deck, but the passengers were 30% American and 70% European (Spanish, Italian, and German mostly.) I wore speedos and no one cared at all.

I think it would be different if I were on a Carnival or Princess cruise where it is mostly Americans.

You could always put them on and pretend to be a German tourist.

Draft saved Draft deleted