Speedos

PackingVegas: I learned how to do the poll after posting the questions already, sorry for the repetition.

Also, how many are straight vs/ gay?

I wear speedos swimming at the gym, but never really know what straight guys think of it.

karl56: I wear speedos at the beach or when tanning. Love to show off my package. Oh, and I'm gay. I hear a lot of negatives from straight men and women about speedos Personally I don't understand it.

hung: Some can never get over the fact that an attractive male of any orientation can look good in Speedos. Are they jealous? Maybe. I can state that in my youth when I was about 50 pounds lighter that I enjoyed wearing Speedos at the beach. Because of my occupation at that time I was seen on beaches around the world.

karl56: I tend to agree, Hung. I also think in there is a kind of taboo about the display of male sexuality, at least in the US. Speedos and less are very common in other countries. After all there is no taboo about the display of female sexuality...Women "display" their breasts all the time.

I say bring back codpieces! :D

PackingVegas: Totally agree, Karl and Hung...
In Germany, if you go to a public pool in trunks, everyone will think you're still wearing your pants. Everyone wears speedos. The downside of that is that EVERYONE wears speedos! No matter how flattering or unflattering it is...

It's one of the many double standards in America, that women should present themselves as sexual objects at the gym, going out, etc, but men cover up. Imagine if we had free reign to show off our bulges as much as women show theirs...

wvalady1968: Most of the negative things I've heard about them has to do with people who are overweight and/or seriously out of shape thinking they can wear them. Some guys should NOT! :eek: I've seen them at the beach, and it wasn't a pretty sight.

A good looking guy in a speedo is very attractive.

Allie

norseman: Usually I go to clothing optional beaches and don't wear a damned thing.

I often take cruise ship vacations in tropical climes during winter months and always wear a Speedo for sunning/swimming. Black only, mid cut, very plain. I've noticed that at the outset of the cruise, I'm one of the very few in a Speedo, but by the end of the trip, they're cropping up everywhere. (Not necessarily a beautiful thing if you consider the average age and physique of most cruise vacationers !!!)

Norse

TragicWhiteKnight: Since I live in Britain, where the only reason do go to a beach is as part of an clean-up squad to scrub oil off of seagulls, the Speedo Debate is mostly nullified. When it comes to indoor swimming, though, it's 95-100% shorts (at least here in the North-West).

Though in secondary school, trunks were mandatory for swimming lessons - and pubescence isn't the best time to make guys have to show off their package for judgement by their peers...

PackingVegas: I thought England was Speedo country, like the rest of Europe.
...Or, England isn't considered part of Euorpe, is it? Hell, I don't even get the Euro....

rangersean: Regardless of what I'm packing and how I feel about it, I'm definately of the body type that should not wear a speedo, so I won't wear them. I bought one once. A nice black and white pair, racing style. Very cool. I wore them twice - in my room, alone. If only I had the body to match.

ThighSlapper: Actually, I don't think I've ever worn speedos. When I was 19, about 150 lbs, and washboard abs, a friend or two told me that I'd stop traffic in a pair.

but it never happened

bigdick04: i wear speedos only when i get in the tanning bed, that way i get a really nice tan all over. and plus i like the way they feel on me

BobLeeSwagger

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I would never wear one. It's partly because, although I'm not flabby by any means, I'm of the beefy and hairy body type and I can't see how that would look good contained by a speedo. Maybe if a girlfriend really encouraged me I would consider it.

I also probably wouldn't because I'm not interested in showing off or drawing attention to myself. I don't think I'm overly modest. I just think of speedos as something worn by guys who want people to check them out. Whether they deserve that kind of attention is pretty subjective!

hungstud: wearing speedos isnt all about showing off. its about feeling comfortable with your body. it takes balls ( :p) to walk around a beach with every bulge & bump on your body visible.
Once you get over the inital insecurities its a lot of fun - especially if you can fill em.

yaddayadda: I'm gay. i love the look on other guys. I have huge image issues, but I wear em sometimes for fun ;)

MHDC: I Don't usualy wear speedos but when I was on a holliday in Germany wearing speedos to the pool was obligatory. My 9" soft dick showed quite a bulge, most people gave me more than one look.

PackingVegas: When I was a kid, we'd go to Germany a good amount, and speedos were the only thing you'd wear at the pool, no matter what your body type. I had trunks that were packed from America, and all the kids asked why I was wearing my shorts.

I think my first sexual experience was being at the pool and putting on the big facemask so I could go underwater and look around. I remember looking at guys crotches in their speedos, not even really thinking about why. I was maybe 8? 9? years old. So, don't say that you're not born gay... but that's another story.

KeraAndMike: Yeah Ive worn them before but not a lot. They get farely transparent when wet. I wear those bikini briefs though a lot and those are speedoish. Kera really likes me in those.

Mike

HungJordan: I look like I got a grapefruit or something in Speedos. You can also make out my cock depending on whether they are wet and what color they are.