Speedos

PackingVegas: OK, an honest question about speedos.
How many guys wear them, and how many are gay vs/ straight?
Do you wear them because trunks are just stupid to swim in and/or you can't get a good tanline?
Do you wear them because they're good to swim, and you just ignore the bulge?
Do you consider the bulge to be a fringe benefit?
Do you enjoy the attention, and crave it a little bit?
Do you actually get turned on being in them?

I swim (at the gym), and there was a cool store in Vegas where the owner would really work with me to find me the speedos that flattered me, but didn't make it look like I was trying to show off. (Always box cuts, I think we all know bikinis are out of the question, regardless of how you think they look.) Of course, when hard there's no hiding anything, but soft you can be a little more discreet.

Just curious, especially from straight guys, do you enjoy wearing them, in any form, or are they just for gays now, regardless of the environment?

kingdong9: well, if I wear box cut trunks I show a lot more than when I am wearing speedos. Unlike others I haven't removed the lining for my speedos as quite enough shows already and as I am 6'3" with size 13 feet I get quite enough attention as I am in Indonesia where I look and feel like the jolly green giant.

I dont crave attention for my package but I get it anyway and despite trying to conceal it my mates tell me I am wasting my time.

I dont think speedos are a gay thing but I know they are 'admired' in the gay community.

Gordon

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
You forgot about another possible reason for wearing a Speedo: I was on my school swimming team and it was the required uniform. Sexuality had nothing to do with it. If you wouldn't wear a Speedo, you couldn't join the team. And it had to be the bikini.

Dickprint: [quote author=DoubleMeatWhopper link=board=clothing;num=1070922969;start=0#2 date=12/08/03 at 20:38:31]You forgot about another possible reason for wearing a Speedo: I was on my school swimming team and it was the required uniform. Sexuality had nothing to do with it. If you wouldn't wear a Speedo, you couldn't join the team. And it had to be the bikini. [/quote]

I remember those school issued speedos. All of them were shrunken @ least a size or 2, then as soon as you got them wet they were totally transparent, you could see everything, the bigger you were the more it was noticible. There was this 2 guy who was put on the spot for not attempting to use the draw string, poor guy was one of the biggest guys i saw in a HS locker room, so u could understand him not even trying to use a draw string when he his barely contained.

junior15074: I have purchased a pair of speedos but have not worn them in public. I wasn't aware they were considered a "gay" thing. I am straight but purchased them so I could do laps at the gym I belong to. The gym is mixed sexes. Wearing the speedos with the lining intact still poses problems for me. I have a large dick with a large head which is clearly visable through the speedos. No matter where I put my dick, the head is clearly visable. I wore the speedo once while swimmng laps but got some stares from the guys and girls at the pool. That was the last time I wore them. I decided if I ever go on vacation to some island resort I would wear them there.

drambone: Guys, all I can say is if you look good in the speedo, wear it with pride! Show the world what you're made of.

SpeedoGuy: [quote author=PackingVegas link=board=clothing;num=1070922969;start=0#0 date=12/08/03 at 14:27:09]
How many guys wear them, and how many are gay vs/ straight?
[/quote]

I'm straight and I wear'em. Not exclusively, though, and I don't cut out the liner after having had a bad experience after trying that once.

[quote author=PackingVegas link=board=clothing;num=1070922969;start=0#0 date=12/08/03 at 14:27:09]

Do you wear them because trunks are just stupid to swim in and/or you can't get a good tanline?
[/quote]

Trunks have too much drag for anything other than short distance frolics. Speedos have much less drag. I swim for fitness rather than competition but there's still no way I'd try to swim my usual 3000 meters in trunks.

[quote author=PackingVegas link=board=clothing;num=1070922969;start=0#0 date=12/08/03 at 14:27:09]

Do you wear them because they're good to swim, and you just ignore the bulge?
[/quote]

At first I just didn't think about the bulge but after a while I started realizing it was an effective way of indulging my exhibitionist side without breaking any laws or deliberately offending passersby. I mean, I don't go walking down the street wearing one but while at the gym or pool I don't hide, either.

Do you consider the bulge to be a fringe benefit?
[/quote]

Yes. And there are several possible ways of packing myself into the suit depending on if I really want to emphasize my balls, head size or shaft length.

Do you enjoy the attention, and crave it a little bit?
[/quote]

Why yes. ;D I do.

Do you actually get turned on being in them?
[/quote]

Can't deny there is some of this. But its not the suit itself, rather, its the opportunity to do a little discrete exhibitionism in a totally legal manner.

Just curious, especially from straight guys, do you enjoy wearing them, in any form, or are they just for gays now, regardless of the environment? [/quote]

I never thought of Speedos as being a "gay" thing. Rather, I always saw them as being either a serious fitness thing or a "daring" thing...gay or straight.

hungone: I like wearing speedos for a variety of reasons - they provide support, they show off a good bulge, nice tan line, and I find them sexy!

hung: If Speedos are a "Gay" thing we have a lot of Gay people on NCAA swim teams. I think not. I have enjoyed Speedos in my youth and I was not a competitive swimmer. I now sport boxer style Speedos when I seek sunshine. If I had Six-Pack abs I would still wear the bikinni style Speedos - But alas, youth is wonderful and as I age so does the waist line.

No problems though, I always enjoy life.

swimguy_14: for swim team, or when im on a beach outside the usa

HungJordan: I don't wear speedos very often but I do own a pair. The thing about them is that I show a very large bulge. To the point of it being too much. That aside, there are very sexy to wear. It's like announcing to the world i got a huge one. Like some of the other people who answered this post, my cockhead is very visible in a speedo.

PackingVegas: I saw a woman at the gym today who's boobs were HUGE, bigger than I've ever seen in real life.  And that's saying a lot, since I live in Vegas...

I wondered if proportionally, I looked that out of the norm in a speedo as she did in a gym tshirt.  Or if the thoughts that ran through my head were the same ones that others would think when seeing me.  I suprised myself by realising that I was thinking "She must have a lot of sex...".  All my friends think I'm a big whore, it suddenly made sense.

Still though, I do enjoy the fact that I do bulge well, and i don't really go out of my way to hide it most times.

009_and_a_half: There's nothing better for showing off a physique, let alone the bulge -- but I don't wear the low-rise bikini, otherwise I'd never get it all in! The bulge though is the size of a softball or bigger once I do get it all stuffed in.

Once I was on a beach -- the Condado -- in San Juan in a lycra speedo and the ladies were very vocal in their appreciation for what they saw. :eek: Speedos seemed to be standard swimwear among the Puerto Rican men -- on that beach, anyway. I felt right at home!

Ah -- some beautiful and well-endowed women . . .

grnman

Legendary Member
Media
I do have a pair of speedos, but seldom wear them. Certainly, like many others here my equipment is really on display, and if I get aroused things can get out of control. I have had my cock "pop" out before; tieing the drawstring is essential.

I typically wear square cut swim trunks. They offer more room for my equipment, and are still sleek for swimming. Yes, my equipment is pretty obvious, but that is unavoidable in a form fitted swim trunk. I have one pair of the swim trunks have a pattern that tends to obscure my bulge a bit.

Either way it is a show, but I have gotten used to that. Sometimes I do enjoy it as well.

PackingVegas: [quote author=grnman link=board=clothing;num=1070922969;start=0#14 date=12/16/03 at 00:21:13]I do have a pair of speedos, but seldom wear them.  Certainly, like many others here my equipment is really on display, and if I get aroused things can get out of control.  I have had my cock "pop" out before; tieing the drawstring is essential.

I typically wear square cut swim trunks.  They offer more room for my equipment, and are still sleek for swimming.  Yes, my equipment is pretty obvious, but that is unavoidable in a form fitted swim trunk.  I have one pair of the swim trunks have a pattern that tends to obscure my bulge a bit.

Either way it is a show, but I have gotten used to that.  Sometimes I do enjoy it as well.[/quote]

Every speedo I have is a square cut. There's no way that I could fit into a bikini cut if I got "happy", and like you said, I've found that flat colors show off while patterns help hide. I don't have many with patterns...

bigstr8bulge

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Similar to other posters, I enjoy my time in Speedos. I started wearing them, like several others hear, at a very young age when I started on my local swimming team. Swam in HS and did water polo then too. That's when the size problem came in. 8)

When I started to fill out and then completely fill up the brief I really enjoyed it, and still do. I bulge big and enjoy the looks, not ashamed of it. I have to carefully tuck my dick over my balls and down to get it in, but it works okay. In WP is customary for player to wear 2-3 pairs of speedos on top of each other cause they have a tendency to get ripped off in the heat of a match. That helped a big guy like me from still havin a nice softball bulge that I am proud of, while not looking obscene with my dick outline all visible.

As for swimmin with friends, etc., Speedos are no dice. I wear board shorts for that (good for the ass, and a decent bulge too). but let's face it; you can't wear speedos in the company of friends in American society and get away with it.

But you can still always find me in my Speedos when goin to swim at the gym, etc. I think Packing Vegas is right on bout this one.

PackingVegas: [quote author=bigstr8bulge link=board=clothing;num=1070922969;start=0#16 date=12/17/03 at 18:07:05]Similar to other posters, I enjoy my time in Speedos.  

When I started to fill out and then completely fill up the brief I really enjoyed it, and still do.  I bulge big and enjoy the looks, not ashamed of it.    ...helped a big guy like me from still havin a nice softball bulge that I am proud of, while not looking obscene with my dick outline all visible.

As for swimmin with friends, etc., Speedos are no dice.  I wear board shorts for that (good for the ass, and a decent bulge too). but let's face it; you can't wear speedos in the company of friends in American society and get away with it.

But you can still always find me in my Speedos when goin to swim at the gym, etc.  I think Packing Vegas is right on bout this one.[/quote]

Woo hoo, I'm influencing people!!! Bigstr8bulge has a good point that it's easier to bulge in a Speedo in front of strangers than friends. Gay friends will give you grief about it, say that you're just showing off. Funny, but they wouldn't say that about showing muscle... Straight friends, I've never even considered being in my speedos in front of straight friends, that would just be too wierd, for reasons that I can't even figure out. Maybe I'm worried that they'd think it's a gay stereotype to be in a Speedo.

But there's just something very great about being in one. Especially for us, it shows us off so well, it's almost like being an exhibitionist without being illegal. Of course, you want to be sure that you don't always show all the details. I've never taken out the lining on any of mine, probably because they're just so expensive. Does removing the lining really show you off that much more?

SoccerFreak: I have never ever worn a speedo in my life, I don't think I ever will, I just can't I'd b too embarrassed