Speedos

snevets

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I went swimming Thursday and wore a speedo.

At first when you take off your shorts or sweatpants and have nothing on except for the speedo does anyone feel somewhat awkward about walking around infront of girls or other guys?

At first I do but then when I am done swimming my laps and get out I don't.

foxlad

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
No - but it helps if you live in a country where people do wear them to swim in and its not thought of as odd!
It also helps that ive always swam alot and wore them from a very early age!

long legs

Worshipped Member
Media

At first when you take off your shorts or sweatpants and have nothing on except for the speedo does anyone feel somewhat awkward about walking around infront of girls or other guys?

At first I do but then when I am done swimming my laps and get out I don't.[/QU
well let me tell you man,you look great in your Speedos. I love to swim and have been wearing Speedos for years,they are very comfortable and look good. I like to have my penis in the upright (not erect) position to show all the outline of my big cut head. also you have a beautiful circumcised penis like the sexy bend:smile::smile:

Primal_Savage

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Was in age-group swimming and speedo before I hit puberty. Always regarded them as sort of a second skin. It was also natural to use a big towel to take them off and put briefs and shorts/sweats on afterwards. If I ever felt embarassed, it was way before HS and college varsity swimming.

cyberczar

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I love swimming, and grew up swimming, but I rarely wear speedos anymore.

Got sick of the stares, looks, and gawking.

My partner and I went on a gay cruise two years ago and I was out sunbathing on the deck wearing a pair and got propositioned more in 20 minutes than I had in 5 years. (Great if one's into swinging, threesomes, or orgies, but I don't go there.)

So, went back to the stateroom, got changed, and wore my long shorts. Wore them for the rest of the cruise.

Oh well.

(It's been my experience that most guys who are into big dicks for sex are more into the excitement of seeing something that they normally don't get to see very often, and care little to nothing about the person that's attached to the dick. Let alone the fact that most people, when presented with a 12" cock, usually don't know what to do with it anyways.)

BigMeatNJ

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
well cyberczar I have to say that the sight of you stuffing all your junk into a speedo must have been quite a vision to behold! but I agree with you..in a speedo you are much more "exposed" than other suits. I tend to wear spandex squarecuts instead of speedos because it is a little more coverage around the inner thighs and I have gotten comments in the past that I have entirely too much pubic hair down my legs and sticking out of a speedo. so the squarecut helps reduce that.

King-

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Never worn a speedo, I think it'd be somewhat awkward. I'm surprised with a giant bulge sticking out it's not indecent exposure.

On a separate note, BigMeatNJ that was your 666th post, hail.

pronatalist

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Last I knew, speedos are considered "decent" in places like swimming pools?

At first I do but then when I am done swimming my laps and get out I don't.

And why should I feel awkward? Do girls feel awkward to let their breasts bulge visibly?

Gasp! Somebody might discover that I, a male, have a penis?

But I don't feel I need to be "on display" for everybody to see. I am comfortable to wear swimming trunks. A little "mystery" in life can be a good thing. If I happen to have a "nice" or "big" dick, why should many people at all, need to know anything of it?

If I was on the swim team and it was required, or if everybody around wears speedos, then perhaps I might also. Speedos may be fine for other people, but I don't have any speedos, and don't find time to go swimming anymore, so I don't wear any speedos.

But if I found reason to wear a speedo, I think I need not then feel awkward. I wouldn't mind an "excuse" to show off my penis a bit, but there aren't really many such good excuses, especially since I don't swim or do sports, so while I am fine with communal shower rooms and locker rooms, I don't use them anymore.

pronatalist

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I could be instantly used to speedos, except that I have no reason to wear them.

it can take getting used to for some guys. others wear them just like any other athletic uniform. glad you tried them; feels so much better swimming.:smile:

Perhaps swimming naked feels best and most natural of all, but in an increasingly co-ed world with lots and lots of people, a bit of modesty seems useful.

The goal shouldn't be just how skimpy and vulgar they can make them, but rather, to provide "adequate" modesty coverage, while still keeping swimming fun and comfortable. What is "adequate?" It's at least partly defined by "community standards," which tend to vary a bit from place to place.

pronatalist

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

At first I do but then when I am done swimming my laps and get out I don't.[/QU
well let me tell you man,you look great in your Speedos. I love to swim and have been wearing Speedos for years,they are very comfortable and look good. I like to have my penis in the upright (not erect) position to show all the outline of my big cut head. also you have a beautiful circumcised penis like the sexy bend:smile::smile:

That's not a good reason to point one's penis upwards. Actually, I think the penis looks nicer and more natural, pointing down. The reason why I think some guys should point their penises upwards, or diagonal, or to the side, in speedos, is that I suspect for some, different directions are more comfortable, or maybe because it somehow fits better or something. I'm not so sure that pointing down, is the proper natural position for everybody, but merely the most common natural position.

And I imagine that visible penis line may be normal sometimes for speedos, but it should just be "natural," not some "show off" kind of thing.

cougarhunter

Experimental Member
Media
I've been swimming for years and wearing speedos for years too. Like someone said earlier, to me they are a sports uniform. When I get to the beach I shed my board shorts and wear my speedos to swim and sunbath. And I admit I like to show off my body and bulge.

pronatalist

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Seems that visible penis bulges may be somewhat natural as well.

Never worn a speedo, I think it'd be somewhat awkward. I'm surprised with a giant bulge sticking out it's not indecent exposure.

On a separate note, BigMeatNJ that was your 666th post, hail.

Women's breasts bulging naturally isn't indecent exposure, provided that there is some publically acceptable coverage of them. A woman's bulging pregnant belly certainly isn't indecent exposure, but quite natural and to be expected and encourage, for the natural enlargement of the human race for the greater good of the many.

Even breastfeeding in public isn't "indecent," as obviously babies have to be fed.

But are speedos indecent? Supposedly not, say current community standards in some places, such as around the swimming pool. But some evangelist did raise the question, what's the difference between underwear and current swimwear? Color I believe, was probably the answer. Some people apparently may think that current swimwear is too skimpy. When I was younger, I sort of thought that a swimsuit that is cut so as to show off an inch or a few inches of a person's butt-pad was "indecent." But since then, I don't think it's really so "black-and-white." While I don't like the "dental floss" thongs, as if the object is to see how little one can get by with, wouldn't it simply look better to swim naked?, that's probably the idea somewhat, that maybe to many people, it does feel better to "swim naked," and so swimwear may tend to be "minimal" without trying to make it look like a big "show off" sort of deal. Thus, some butt-pad and breast cleavage may seem appropriate to many people? Sure, there should be "some" coverage, but probably not to making women wear long dresses to go swimming, as in the prudish past.

It seems that it's natural for people to be naked, but generally not too much so in public places, as we see in the example of the not-so-innocent-anymore Adam & Eve being given animal skins by God to wear, after they had sinned. Interesting to note, that before they partook of the forbidden fruit, they were naked and didn't even seem to notice that they were naked. Ever since, due to our natural sexual lusts, we generally have to wear some clothing in most public places.

It wasn't all that many decades ago, that it was common I hear, for people to swim naked, but part of the reason for the change away from that, would seem to be that the world has become a lot more populous, and swimming most everywhere is co-ed now. Now skinny-dipping seems to be some sort of "perverted" thing, while in the past, perhaps due to people lacking all the swimwear we have today, people just took off their clothes to go swimming. And I expect that boys probably went swimming quite a bit more than the more "dignified" ladies? The ol' swimming hole or river or whatever, was perhaps more remote back then, before human populations naturally swelled, and the city grew all around, and the "swimming hole" became the crowded community swimming pools.

And if bikinis are okay, then there should be nothing at all wrong with a very visibly pregnant woman in a bikini either. That is the natural function of reproductive organs to grow babies inside, and there should be nothing "shameful" about that.

Human population growth is beautiful, as it allows all the more people to experience life.

pronatalist

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think it should be quite unnecessary to shave to the bikini line. Why are peeking pubic hairs "the end of the world?"

well cyberczar I have to say that the sight of you stuffing all your junk into a speedo must have been quite a vision to behold! but I agree with you..in a speedo you are much more "exposed" than other suits. I tend to wear spandex squarecuts instead of speedos because it is a little more coverage around the inner thighs and I have gotten comments in the past that I have entirely too much pubic hair down my legs and sticking out of a speedo. so the squarecut helps reduce that.

I don't see the big deal about a little pubic hair peeking out. Hair is hair. Do people think that we wouldn't have pubic hair?

But some people think it's gross or something, to see it in a too-public setting, and so it's just another reason for a bit more modest level of covering. But I hardly think they should think such about men's chest or leg hair. That really would be absurd. Shaving pubic hair is dumb, as it creates stubble, pubic hair is natural, and it's going to grow back anyway.

At least I wouldn't "comment" about a guy or lady supposedly having "too much" pubic hair. It's natural. God put it there, so leave it there.

And is it really possible to discern the difference between pubic hair and leg hair? Is there really always a sharp "line" in between the two, or can one sometimes "fade into" the other?