Spencer Tunick : Nude Photographer

Heather LouAnna

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I'm a BIG BIG art nerd. :biggrin1:

I've a huge art collection, but only on my computer. lol That's right. I'm a right-click and save-as art collector. OH, to be rich and waste it away on beautiful and unique markings on paper and canvas. *dreamy eyes* I'm not really into photography, but Spencer Tunick is my one exception.

As taken directly from Wikipedia:

Spencer Tunick started out in 1992 photographing nudes on the streets of New York. His photos quickly became popular and he spread out to other states in America. Tunick went international and has taken photos in cities that include Bruges, Buffalo London, Lyon, Melbourne, Montreal, San Sebastián, São Paulo, Caracas, Newcastle/Gateshead and Vienna.

He was arrested in 1994 with a female model when she posed nude in Manhattan's Rockefeller Center. He is the subject of three HBO documentaries, Naked Stated, Naked World, and Positively Naked.

In June 2003 he completed his largest photo by photographing 7000 Spaniards in Barcelona. On June 26, 2004 he completed his second largest shoot ever in Cleveland Ohio with 2,754 people posing. In August 2004 a photo shoot was completed in Buffalo of about 1800 nudes in Buffalo's old central train station. On July 17, 2005 he photographed almost 1700 nudes on the quaysides at Newcastle upon Tyne and Gateshead, including the Gateshead Millennium Bridge. On March 19, 2006, Tunick photographed 1500 nudes in Caracas, having people standing up, lying down and on their knees standing right next to the main Simon Bolivar statue.

Here is some of his work:
His main site
Google Image Search

enjoy. :)

This is my favorite one and is presently my desktop wallpaper. :)

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Interesting...reminds me of something I saw many years ago, same MO but people were painted red, white and blue to make a giant 'Stars and Stripes'. It was on TV and 'live' but I can't recall the artist.

Heather LouAnna

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Spencer sent me a package last week. <3 He's such a darling. :)

I'm a big nerd and took pictures of everything too.
Inside da package.
Everything open.

The book within is really kickass. There's no ISBN on the back, so I guess you can't buy it in stores. Here's some pictures of the contents of the book:
One
Two
Three
Four

Heather LouAnna

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
What I think is really awesome about the whole thing - everytime I look through the book I think of it - my mother was here when the package arrived and knows I rave about Spencer all the time. She opens the wrapped book and I open the stuffed animal one.

My fiftysix year old mother goes "Oh, my. These are vaginas." and then looks at me like I'm crazy. Just last week, my father visited my myspace page and saw that it states I'm bisexual. He's been going around telling the whole family, including my mother.

Friend's reactions:
My artist friend, tattoos, piercings, loves underground hip hop and bmxing: "GROSS, HEATHER. This is like...a book of gashes. OMG look at this one. It's looks like fucking predator's face."

My musician friend who has girl's constantly fawning over him: "This is so awesome. I need one of these."

My girlfriend, said right after she'd put the wine out, and offered me cheese and crackers: "It certainly has presence. It'd make for a lovely coffee table book. It's a conversation starter."

Heather LouAnna

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
senor rubirosa said:
Duh, hedder, whud R dey?

I just lolled in my rolly chair. Everytime someone calls me Hedder, I think of this twelve year old austistic girl with aspergers who would hang all over me at the state mental hospital. She'd start out so nice by saying "HEDDER!!!" everytime I came on the unit and end my shift by calling me a cunt and slapping my arm because I wouldn't shave her head and call her by a boy's name.

No shit.

thirteenbyseven

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Heather LouAnna said:
Spencer sent me a package last week. <3 He's such a darling. :)

I'm a big nerd and took pictures of everything too.
Inside da package.
Everything open.

The book within is really kickass. There's no ISBN on the back, so I guess you can't buy it in stores. Here's some pictures of the contents of the book:
One
Two
Three
Four

Spencer Tunick, 39, is quite an enigma. He is a non-nudist who has gained a world-wide reputation from his photographs of mass group nudes. Two years ago he was in Cleveland, Ohio, and did a series of photos at the Ninth Street Pier near the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. As a nudist, I signed up and wanted like heck to be in the group shot but ended up working a trip and was unable to fly to Cleveland for the June 26th 2004 photo.

It ended up anywhere from a thousand to an estimated 2,200 nude people braved the somewhat chilly 55 degree Ohio morning for the photo. I wonder how many singles hooked-up after the event?