Spend a million dollars

Discussion in 'Funny Stuff: Jokes, Quizzes, Games & Pics' started by flame boy, Aug 14, 2010.

1. flame boy

flame boy Account Disabled

Great Uncle Arthur has passed away. In his will he has left you a million dollars to do with as you wish. How would you make use of it? You have to use every penny (you can spend, save it, give it away, whatever you wish) - but make use of all of it!

2. IntoxicatingToxin

Gold Member

Buy two or three new vehicles. I'm thinking an SUV for toting my son and his friends around in, a regular coupe or sedan for my every day driving, and a hot ass sports car for sunny summer days. I'd pay off every single ounce of debt I have. I'd build my own house. Or well, have my own house built for me. :tongue: Completely furnish and decorate it, etc. I'd use a big chunk to help Kansas City out some. Restoring houses in bad neighborhoods, tearing down condemned houses that hurt the property value, upgrade a few apartment buildings that probably shouldn't be considered habitable. Just try to do a bit of a residential restoration in the downtown area. I'd become a foster parent. I'd finish my education and get my degree in Social Work. I'd see an orthodontist and get my teeth fixed. I'd have an amazing wedding for my boyfriend and I. And... hmm... probably just save/live off whatever I have left over, if anything.

3. D_Sparroe Spongecaques

Give half away to SIDS (cot death research) and split the rest between my 6 children.

I have enough money for things i desire.

#3 D_Sparroe Spongecaques, Aug 14, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2010
  4. Industrialsize

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    I have NO idea what I would do.......I recently sold a business and have a bit of money to invest. I have the book,"Investing for Dummies" on my bedside table, but every time i pick it up to read, it's as if it's in a different language that I forgot to learn.

5. luka82

Gold Member

I would lead a lavish life! Spend it all on ME!!!!
    ;)

6. flame boy

flame boy Account Disabled

There is this wonderful relief fund called "The Flame Boy Organisation" who would do wonderful things with your money :wink:

I have to think a bit more before deciding the fate of my own personal million.

7. D_Sparroe Spongecaques

I can't wait until after the weekend to see how many people are 'me me me' types who want to spoil themselves without sharing with those less fortunate.

No offence intended!

8. rugger89

rugger89 Member

Albums:
    I've got this joke with my friends about a get rich plan. And all I needed Is 1 mill. I'd buy 3 properties and take a mortgage out on two and buy 2 more... When i paid those off I'd repeat the mortgage process... It's my get rich in 10 years housing investment plan

9. rugger89

rugger89 Member

Albums:
    P.s once im rich I'd do the whole help the poor thing :p

10. D_Sparroe Spongecaques

Greedy divil!! ^^^ :p

I once had a massive amount of money but not anymore......but now i'm rich.....

11. IntoxicatingToxin

Gold Member

I'm broke as a joke, but I still consider myself rich, thanks to my family, friends, and amazing boyfriend. But anyway. Back the million dollar question! :tongue:

12. HiddenLacey

Gold Member

Albums:
    I would buy my Dad a house and pay off his truck and invest money for his retirement.

I would give money to Saint Judes Children's research.

I would open a no kill animal rescue.

13. Endued

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    This, obviously.

:wink:

But seriously, buy a (modest!) flat, new car, keep a decent nest egg, give some to family and friends, and the rest to the relief aid in Pakistan.

14. chrwl007

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Let's see... pay off all the immediate family's debt (which, luckily, isn't much), treat my car to a few new toys and invest the rest. Give some of the monthly interest from the investments to the Red Cross Children's Hospital.

15. HunglikeaDork

HunglikeaDork Member

Albums:
    I'd retain enough in an account to live off via the interest alone. Which probably wouldn't be very much, I live a pretty spartan lifestyle. I can't imagine it being more than 100K.

That means a majority of it I would give away. Other than giving some to submissivegirl's no-kill shelter (I <3 animals) the rest I would spread out to people I care about and try to alleviate some of the random financial misfortune I encounter until funds ran out.

16. molotovmuffin

Gold Member

I'd take care of my parents needs until their deaths...set up a trust fund for my son...buy stuff for me, house, car.... visit all my lpsg friends and fuck them silly...the rest I'd give to stem cell research.

17. rob_just_rob

Gold Member

If it's US dollars, I'd buy a lot of currency hedges.

18. L_Lynn

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    After taxes... I'd take 30% of what's left to put towards making the world a better place. That might be donation or it might be in setting up a self-sustaining non-profit.

The rest would go towards- paying off debt, publishing my own book, buying a house I can afford, getting a newer car and adding to my daughter's college fund and my nest egg. After that, I might spoil myself on a really great shopping spree, take a dream vacation, etc.

19. Catchoftheday

Gold Member

I would buy ice cream for everybody :wink:

20. molotovmuffin

Gold Member

Good choice!

Draft saved Draft deleted