Sperm Donation

halcyondays

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I donated for two reasons: to help women/couples who need it and to pass my DNA along. It's a real kick knowing I helped people have children. It's also nice to know I have progeny out there somewhere.

Reactions: spaj8987

njfellow2002

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I"ve not donated, but was on the short list from a female friend and we discussed it a little. I came to the conclusion I could not do it. I didn't like the idea of having a child out there I didn't know (much as I do not have any kids now anyway, by choice)-- I know there was a guy giving away his sperm on CL a while ago, and he fathered dozens of kids, and had pix of them, etc.

spaj8987

Legendary Member
Media
I've never done it and more likely than not wouldn't. I'm more than fine with who i am. I very often make myself laugh when no one's around. And while it takes time, i am able to figure out complex issues. Though i talk a fucking lot. And it's sometimes difficult to watch movies other people like. And i have a habit of sometimes thinking monster are out to get me when i hear weird noises in the night. Most times it's my own gas but i regress.

Anyway, i wouldn't wish that on strangers. Now if someone were to be ok with that and want to be in a relationship with me enough to have kids who were like that. I'd still run away from them screaming you know what you do for shame for shame.

So there's that.

Reactions: 51arledge

Group51

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Tempted. Took a sperm test today and I’m positive for sperm. Single all my life. Feels like it’s could be a shame to leave no trace.

But I would want no involvement unless it harmed the child and would expect them to legally adopt at birth. I’d do it purely to help a couple have a family.

Reactions: halcyondays

Sagittarius84

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I would have issues with knowing that I potentially have my genetic legacy out there without my involvement, that's 1st, secondly as minority in America, specifically a black man, our sperm is not as sought after, to the point many black sperm donations either stay on the shelf or are not solicited in the first place, lastly the one demographic most likely to seek my sperm is also the demographic most likely to raise and rear the child on their own as opposed to doing so within a family structure and I don't want secondhand responsibility in contributing to the further detriment of the Black community.
Beyond any logical reason, there is also a little part of me that would be butthurt that a woman thinks she can obtain my sperm without sex, like I wouldn't want a woman that I wouldn't have sex with carrying my baby, that'd be weird.

Sagittarius84

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
That all being said, similarly to dating apps, there is a stark honesty about the sexual marketplace that I think sperm donation speaks to, and I wish it were a lot less discreet. A lot of the plausible deniabilities fed to men when it comes to their observations of how women move would be dispelled if data about the most sought after men by the most women were available on a mainstream basis.

halcyondays

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Tempted. Took a sperm test today and I’m positive for sperm. Single all my life. Feels like it’s could be a shame to leave no trace.

But I would want no involvement unless it harmed the child and would expect them to legally adopt at birth. I’d do it purely to help a couple have a family.

While I was glad to donate to help others conceive and like the idea that I have direct progeny out there I've never been concerned about not leaving my genetic legacy behind.

In order for all your genes to have been passed along one of the following must to be true:

1. you need one identical twin ie a maternal twin (essentially a clone)
2. you need four siblings from the same two parents who had you
3. you need eight first cousins from the same four grandparents
4. you need sixteen second cousins
5. you need thirty-two third cousins, etc.

Coming from large catholic families I have more than all of these tho not an identical twin.

Individual genetic commonality decreases the more distantly we're related but population genetic commonality increases. Populations evolve not individuals.

With eight billion of us on the planet is very unlikely anyone's genes have not already been passed on.

Sagittarius84

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
That ad campaign also highlights some ideological reasons I would be against donating sperm, namely I don't think I could specify whom would be able to get access to it once I donate. For couples, no matter the sexuality of those involved I think it would be cool, but I am conflicted in the availability of such highly selective sperm to single women whom are not required to submit to, cooperate with, or care for the man that has it.
I don't think society at large benefits by allowing women to artificially narrow the genetic pool in such an immediately non consequential way, especially concerning the Australian push to get 'healthy, intelligent, and generous' gay men to donate more; it implies an inherent lack of these qualities amongst straight men, it also further downplays the role of a father in a home, reducing us to mere gene donation, and negatively affecting the outcomes of more and more children.

nomju

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I donated when at university, purely for financial reasons. I broke the rules though. No sex for 48 hours before donating? I think you'll find I was at university, with a reputation.

notthatguy

Superior Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
40 years ago I was on vacation in Boston with a very good friend for 5 days. On Day 4, he says lets see how much we could get for donating sperm....

I am Canadian and you do not get any money for donating in Canada.

He wanted to see how much they would pay. Back then, you would give a sample and they would process it and let you know what they would pay for your sample.

I think they offered him like under $50 and I was not expecting much for my offer as I had been fucking these sisters I picked up the night before numerous times.

My offer was like $170 because of my "significantly above average quantity and sperm count." I did not not have the heart to tell my friend given he knew I had fucked half a dozen times the night before the donation. I told him they only offered me $17 to save his pride.

Acratopotes

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I have not. I did look into it when I was younger, but it would have cost me money. I am in the UK and the only sperm banks I could find were in London. They weren't paying that much and didn't cover travel expenses. As I am some distance from London, it would have cost me more to travel there than I would have received.

halcyondays

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I have not. I did look into it when I was younger, but it would have cost me money. I am in the UK and the only sperm banks I could find were in London. They weren't paying that much and didn't cover travel expenses. As I am some distance from London, it would have cost me more to travel there than I would have received.

I don't know if it's the same now but a few years ago the UK was importing sperm from Denmark and Scandinavia because not enough men in the UK were donating. Same thing was happening here in the States and we were importing sperm from Canada.

Jason

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I don't know if it's the same now but a few years ago the UK was importing sperm from Denmark and Scandinavia because not enough men in the UK were donating. Same thing was happening here in the States and we were importing sperm from Canada.

UK is restrictive on who they will take. The inevitable consequence is a shortage.

Reactions: halcyondays

ILoveGames48

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
When donating sperm the first time you do it you’re shooting in a cup.. and they test it see how active your sperm cells are..

They let you know how active they are and if need more sperm from you;( if not they will say they have enough )

I have donated sperm three times .. not for any particular reason