Spiders for lunch

D_Percy Pantsed

Account Disabled
Media
Just wondering if anything like this has ever happened to anyone else. I just made chicken fingers and fries for lunch, I got about half way done eating it, I look down at my plate and see a little spider crawling over my French fries, Jesus fuckin Christ, I was really enjoying it too lol

Pandora77

Cherished Member
Gold
Account Deletion Pending
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Had one crawl out of one of those slits/slots of my microwave this past winter. I wonder how long it had been hidden in there.
Also had one crawled up under my pillow recently. When I lifted my pillow to fluff it after getting up, the spider tried to run away. Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, creepy :eek:

Enid

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
actually, it is estimated that we eat from one to two pounds of insects each year, and without knowing it.

How Many Insect Parts and Rodent Hairs are Allowed in Your Food?

but yes once when i was young i was eating a plate of pancakes at some US southern eatery on a roadtrip and i looked down and WHAMMO there was a dead bug on my plate.

it is gross to actually see it.

Enid

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
in the US, the FDA calls it food defect action levels. or some such.

Defect Levels Handbook

canned beets, peanut butter, apple butter, frozen broccoli, ground paprika even!!

chocolate too. coffee. eggs. mushrooms. nuts. ground pepper. tomato juice, catsup. potato chips (sad face). wheat and wheat flour.

oh the list goes on.

Last edited:

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Not in house, but while working out in Aussie Bush no shirt on i brushed against a plant, that had a humoungous spider on it, seems it bit me first, flared out somehow and spiked me with some venomous type spray
m/fcker i had to endure severe pain and a rash for a few weeks fortunately it was only on my right arm, that is the entire arm.hah
enz

yhtang

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Last year a failing student brought me a gift. I opened the paper bag and inside were about six fried tarantulas but no dipping sauce! Needless to say, he did not pass.

I ate one of these fried tarantulas before. It was in Cambodia. It tastes a bit dry. You are right, I think it needs a sauce to improve the flavour. Maybe mayonnaise....