Spin-off from Positions that require a longer one

BruceSter

Experimental Member
Media
Hi there, ladies,

some more words concerning sexual positions - we have discussed (or mostly named) so many aspects of them, favorites, and recently the need of size... but I can't remember that one very basic aspect ever came up - the basic preference for my two kinds of sexual positions.

I distinguish between two basic kinds of sexual position - basics and artistic ones (e.g., lady doing a single-sided handstand and hooking her feet around her man's neck - amazing, but hard to keep), and my general experience is that the vast majority of my partners stick with the basics. I can't say any numbers now - unlike others, I don't draw statistic evaluations from my sex life - but I'd estimate those women make at least three quarters. Sure, something more extravagant is a good way to spice sex, but just as spices in food, too much doesn't improve the taste.

I'd like to know the way the LPSG ladies think about this - and what your preference is.

Happy Hammering,
Bruce

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Bruce, you are right on it, as far as I am concerned. I like to try the experimental positions, but usually these just occur spontaneously as we are moving around and something feels good. Usually, me on top, him on top, some doggy style and standing are my favs. It doesn't take acrobatics to impress me, sex is a contact sport!

rope9839

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by madame_zora@Aug 30 2005, 08:41 AM
Bruce, you are right on it, as far as I am concerned. I like to try the experimental positions, but usually these just occur spontaneously as we are moving around and something feels good. Usually, me on top, him on top, some doggy style and standing are my favs. It doesn't take acrobatics to impress me, sex is a contact sport!
[post=339167]Quoted post[/post]​

Some of the other positions mentioned in the other thread - chairs, spooning, bending over a bed, etc. are still pretty straightforward and fun. I don't think you have to defy gravity. Really, if you can't hold the position long enough to establish a comfortable rhythm for the lady, what's the point? I like the one's that hit her favorite spots. I'm easy, so I don't really have to worry about what makes me happy.

Steve26

1st LPSG Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
I've tried a number of the "artistic" positions and most of them are just plain goofy, IMHO. As has been pointed out, at the very least they are hard to maintain, even if one is in good physical shape, and when you're a guy like me who takes a LONG time to reach orgasm, positions like that just aren't a good match ... I need something where I can maintain a good rhythm for some period of time.

Has anyone else found that a lot of these more exotic positions also don't allow for particularly deep penetration?? My wife and I both enjoy "going deep" (she can take it, and I ain't complaining! }() and with a lot of these positions a guy can manage, at most, shallow stabs.

Steve

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Mostly the classics. I don't use creative positions except spontaneously. What's the point?

BruceSter

Experimental Member
Media
Originally posted by Steve26@Aug 30 2005, 06:46 AM
Has anyone else found that a lot of these more exotic positions also don't allow for particularly deep penetration?? My wife and I both enjoy "going deep" (she can take it, and I ain't complaining! }() and with a lot of these positions a guy can manage, at most, shallow stabs.

Steve
[post=339190]Quoted post[/post]​

Hi Steve,

agree on that. Most straightforward positions - including my favorites missionary and standing - require that the lady and her man are in a pretty parallel position, which optimizes the angles and distances in the crotch area and allows to go in deep, whereas the exotic ones take a lot of bending and unnatural positioning, so you loose possible depth. I agree with Madame, sex is a contact sport, and I am a real sucker for contact. Nothing is better than that skin-on-skin feeling.

Another observation I made about positions is that - reduced to the bare bones - there are just the five mentioned classics, while all the others are mixtures or beefed-up versions. If you do the doggy, some will prefer the woman to be on all 4's, while I personally like to hold her up at her thighs - some call my way of doing that another name.

Bruce

BruceSter

Experimental Member
Media
Originally posted by Sorcerer@Sep 4 2005, 03:17 PM
Bruce, you know that your posts get everybody hot, right?
[post=340697]Quoted post[/post]​

That is a not desired (but not necessarily unwelcomed) side effect.

Bruce

citygirl

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I prefer the basic positions, they are more comfortable to maintain and don't require throwing out your neck or back. And as steve26 said its hard to go deep or maintain a steady comfortable rhythm (which I both like). So missionary, me on top, doggy style, against the wall, and any variation of these positions is fine with me!

dolf250

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
After thousands of years of experimentation I can only assume that the old stand-bys are best for most people (excluding acrobats and contortionists.) Experimentation can be fun, but positions requiring athletic prowess may not be possible after a busy day.

BruceSter

Experimental Member
Media
Hi there-

it's also that with the basic positions, you don't have to concentrate on the proper positioning as much as with more elaborate ones. I think you are beyond the point of sensible efforts when focussing on your own positioning, balancing and motions so much that your lady is not in the center of attention anymore. That surely won't happen if you do some basic close-up romping.

Bruce

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Originally posted by Spork@Sep 16 2005, 01:31 PM
A little bit of spice makes the meal taste better, but I can't eat a meal of all spices.
[post=343870]Quoted post[/post]​
Ditto that. It's called "spicing up" for a reason. I mean, you know buffalo wings? Now imagine just drinking cayenne pepper vinaigrette isn't a good idea.

BigBen

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by beautifulbrunette@Sep 19 2005, 02:58 AM
I guess I'm a meat and potatos kind of woman because I like the standards. Doggie style is one of my favorites but the guy has to have a big dick to pull it off. I was with a boyfriend who thought he was big (only thing big was his ego) and when he did me from the rear it was so boring and kind of annoying.
[post=344516]Quoted post[/post]​

If a partner can take it very deep, I have found that the doggie positon works best that way. I like others too, and some women can handle deeper in missionary and other positons.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm one who can't take it deep doggie style, but missionary is another story. The good thing about that is that there are a lot of variations on the theme position that can vary the feeling without having to be a contortionist.

Standing, face to face is a good one too for a big guy.

BigBen

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by madame_zora@Sep 25 2005, 12:56 AM
I'm one who can't take it deep doggie style, but missionary is another story. The good thing about that is that there are a lot of variations on the theme position that can vary the feeling without having to be a contortionist.

[post=346259]Quoted post[/post]​

Oh, I am a BIG fan of standing up face to face...lol.

BruceSter

Experimental Member
Media
Originally posted by madame_zora@Sep 24 2005, 05:56 PM

Remind me to visit you if I ever get to Ohio - We have some common favorite positions. Lovely!

Bruce

contortionist

Sexy Member
Media
Originally posted by BruceSter+Sep 30 2005, 05:06 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BruceSter &#064; Sep 30 2005, 05:06 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-madame_zora@Sep 24 2005, 05:56 PM
I&#39;m one who can&#39;t take it deep doggie style, but missionary is another story. The good thing about that is that there are a lot of variations on the theme position that can vary the feeling without having to be a contortionist.

Remind me to visit you if I ever get to Ohio - We have some common favorite positions. Lovely&#33;

Bruce
[post=347763]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

contortionist

Sexy Member
Media
My partner was known as a contortionist at school. She is still very supple and most positions are easy for her. She prefers laying with her legs behind her shoulders looking at me penetrating her