Spinning Classes

I've heard spinning classes are a great way to build endurance and lose weight but that they can be very tough on the body. My doctor has given me the OK to start exercising so I've been looking for things to complement my morning half hour on the elliptical and weight training every other day. Spinning seems like it's a good work out but I'm concerned that it will overtax me. Are there spinning classes for beginners or do beginners just start at a lower intensity than more seasoned participants? So many people I talk to make it sound like spinning is akin to torture yet the results are solid and quickly noticeable.

What has your experience been with spinning? I'm 41 so not entirely sure if someone my age and, admittedly, poor shape will be able to keep up or even live through the class. The emergency defibrillator box on the wall of the spinning room where I work gives me more than a little pause :eek:.

I don't want to end-up :newangel:.

simcha

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Jason,

Just talk to your doctor before starting it. Also, give yourself permission to start slowly. There's no reason that you shouldn't be able to do it unless you have cardiovascular issues of which you are aware.