splitting headache during ejaculation

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by LPCurious, Nov 16, 2010.

1. LPCurious

LPCurious Member

Albums:
    3 days ago, i got such a splitting headache just as i was about to come. The pain was so intense that it lasted for at least an hour after i came. It started from the back of my neck, travelled up to the back of my head and my temples. I felt like my head was going to explode. The next day i experienced the same thing but less intense.
    Did anyone experienced anything similar to this?

2. nixonrich

nixonrich New Member

various - travelling job, London, nairobi, Asia-US
    Yes, I've had this a few times - the pain is horrendous I know. Its related to muscular spasms that can happen anywhere along the spinal cord (mine are normally in the neck) and a sudden rise in blood pressure due to orgasm. Why it happens sometimes and not others I dont know (I suppose Ive had it 1% of the time of all my orgasms) - most likely it is the muscel tension and blood pressure state at the time of arousal that 'sets a tense body scene' when you begin sex. What I have learnt is that when it happens, total stillness and relaxation of the body and two panadol extra are best way to shift it (but a certain cranial soreness stays for many hours, even though the pain subsides). I jokingly call it 'orgasmic migraine' - but it's no joke when it hits - as you have found out. Dont worry about it unless it becomes a regular problem - deal with it when it happens. I've got shivers of dread just remembering how painful it is! Intense and vigorous masterbation can also be a trigger since you may be pulling crinail muscels depending on the position of your head and neck during the masterbation. Hope this offers some support (even though its not helpful), Hopefully somebody else will be able to offer a more practical response (which I shall also be eager to read!).

3. uncutaussie

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I would seriously recommend seeking medical advise if it happens often, I had the same thing start when I was 14, after each time I'd have an extream migrane for 6 hours to 4 days. Turned out to be a vascular problem in my brain and ended up causing some long term effects. I'm sure it's rare, but be safe mate. For your sake I hope it's just nerve related.

4. MarkLondon

Gold Member

Albums:
    There are some people who react badly to the hormone and brain-chemistry changes post-orgasm and suffer from headaches and/or low mood-swings.

But this sounds different and I think it would be worth getting checked out medically if it persists, even though starting at the back of the neck is a sign of muscle-tension as a cause.

#4 MarkLondon, Nov 16, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2010
  5. mandoman

Gold Member

I had this exact problem, for 6 excruciating weeks.
    My doctor said it has been known to medical science for 2,000 years, and no one has a clue yet.
    I had every test known to man. MRI, CAT scan, blood work, etc.
    Nothing showed up any positives. 6 weeks later, they were gone, never to return. As mysterious as ever.

6. LPCurious

LPCurious Member

Albums:
    Thanks for all the advice. I will get to the bottom of this medical mystery. It could well be just muscular tension (though I can't pinpoint the exact location). Probably a little time in the sauna or steamroom might help.

7. mandoman

Gold Member

I didn't even have muscular tension. It was a time when things were rolling well in my life. Just made it all the more inexplicable, to both me, and to the doctors.

8. CHEA

CHEA New Member

Albums:
    might be that all the blood was going to your penis and not your brain, thus making you get a headache.

9. technopeasant

technopeasant Member

This is a symptom of migraine or cluster headaches. It usually happens to me when I am on the edge of getting a cluster or am recovering from one. My neurologist says it is common but it probably means you have migraine or clusters and don't know it. It could also be caused by a artery malformation or anurism not likely but, you might discuss this with your doctor. I had a very healthy friend die form an anurism a few years ago he had no idea he had any problem. I would discuss it at least. Migraines are a seizure disorder that cause blood vessels to open up full bore. They have nothing to do with tension.

#9 technopeasant, Nov 21, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2010
  10. pdxman

pdxman New Member

Damn if you edge it you must have a continuous migraine! lol

Draft saved Draft deleted