Spoof Writings

eddyabs

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I like to write... and I like comedy...I found this online newspaper called 'The Spoof'. Any one can write here, it doesn't cost anything. I write under the pseudonym 'Eddy Dubois'.

I've posted links to my 'pieces'...I hope you enjoy them?!?

Beyonce's Booty!

Madonna and Guy in Refidgerator Scandal!

Angelina Jolie in Incontinence Shocker!

Madonna Dumped on Alien Planet

Barbara Bush in Voodoo Priestess Shocker!

Be great if some members put their hand to writing for 'The Spoof' and posted here too!

Last edited:

eddyabs

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I joined. But I haven't written anything for it yet. I will have to learn about writing satire in a newspaper column/journalistic format first.

I wouldn't worry about the format too much, it's just a fun site, and the site editor will edit your story before it is posted (but not to change the content as long as not too inflammatory). It's really about fun, just read some of the articles already posted there as a reference. You'll see they have differing styles. Just let your juices flow and enjoy yourself.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I wouldn't worry about the format too much, it's just a fun site, and the site editor will edit your story before it is posted (but not to change the content as long as not too inflammatory). It's really about fun, just read some of the articles already posted there as a reference. You'll see they have differing styles. Just let your juices flow and enjoy yourself.

Yeah, I read the Middle Eastern journalist's interview with George W. Bush. I laughed because George W. Bush cut the interview short because the journalist didn't have any cocaine or beer offered to him. :wink::smile::biggrin1:

About the research on writing newspaper copy, I am doing that for authenticity. So I can bring the comedy along. I know my comedy so that will be a piece of cake.

"Inflammatory" that could be anything. So I will tread carefully and do the research so not to offend. I copied the Terms and Conditions of THE SPOOF website so I would know the boundaries and the rules of writing the articles.

I am looking forward to actually doing those articles, features and interviews. Those will be interesting.