Sportjeans

Charles: I have a pair of sportjeans. You can buy them at www.sportjeans.com

They are, without question, the most comfortable pair of jeans I have ever owned. As far as I'm concerned, all jeans should be designed this way. The front pouch has a silk liner which makes it comfortable to wear them without underwear.

I have to wonder, though, what people think about their appearance. I was at a family reunion recently and a female cousin, out of the blue, came up to me and asked me to tell her about my pants. I told her that they are very comfortable, and that I think it's stupid that most men's jeans are designed with a seam that comes right up the middle, cutting off circulation to the most sensitive body parts when he sits down. I didn't mind the conversation, but it made me wonder about the kind of attention they attract. My wife doesn't like the way they look. She says they tend to draw attention to my crotch.

Now here's problem #2: I haven't worn or washed them very much and they are already starting to fall apart. Three of the button holes are deteriorating rapidly. I don't mind paying $50 for a good pair of jeans, but not if they don't last. I'm considering taking them to a tailor to get a zipper sewn in so I don't need the buttons.

Maybe the ultimate solution is to buy a few pair of regular, name-brand jeans and have a tailor sew in a front pouch like the sportjeans.

I just wondered if anyone else shared my experiences. Any ideas?

Charles

ericbear

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I like my sportjeans, and have two pair. However, I've also had problems with the construction, but limited to the buttons.

On my first pair, the buttons started to come off. On both pairs, I replaced the original sewn-on plastic buttons with metal jeans-style buttons. Not only are these more secure, but they make the look even more dramatic (Which could be a disadvantage, according to where you wear them). The button holes also unravel after just a couple of washings. On my first pair, I caught this too late, and had quite a bit of work fixing them. On the second pair, I took preventative efforts, and sewed around the button holes before they started to unravel, which should prevent the problem.

However, besides the button problems, the jeans are overall fairly well made, and my original pair has withstood quite a bit of wear and washing without any other signs of wear. My main reason for getting the second pair was that I finally managed to loose some weight, not because the first was wearing out. My advice would be to reinforce the buttons and button holes, and you will find the rest to be quite durable. A dry cleaner or tailor can perform this service for a few dollars, if you are not handy this way yourself.

I'm a bit self-conscious about wearing them in the general public, although I often wear them in gay neighborhoods or to gay events. Almost every time I wear them, someone comments, and often things go further. This past weekend, someone recognised the brand, and told me a story about how the inventor (Nolan) was interviewed, and ended up whipping it out for the female interviewer. I don't know if that's true, but I did end up fucking the guy that noticed the jeans. The previous time I wore them was two weeks ago in San Francisco, where a shopkeeper asked me how I got a bulge like that while I was paying for my purchases. (I had places to be, so I just explained, but didn't show.) I got a similar comment when I wore them to the leather market at IML in Chicago. The two guys asking about the bulge didn't believe I wasn't stuffing, so I unbuttoned to show them. Next thing I knew, I had this third guy, a really hot Israeli boy, all over me. So, I took him upstairs to my hotel room and plowed him. Previously, when I wore them to a benefit party for Equality California, the jeans got noticed, and at the end of the evening I ended up pulling it out for a little fondling. A friend that I'd attened the party with then ended up "molesting" me when we got back to my house.

Yes, I do like the jeans! But I guess the point is that they do get you noticed, and can send a certain message, so you should consider where it may not be appropriate to wear them.

philberttrw

Experimental Member
Media
Originally posted by ericbear@Aug 12 2004, 06:28 PM

I'm a bit self-conscious about wearing them in the general public, although I often wear them in gay neighborhoods or to gay events. Almost every time I wear them, someone comments, and often things go further. This past weekend, someone recognised the brand, and told me a story about how the inventor (Nolan) was interviewed, and ended up whipping it out for the female interviewer. I don't know if that's true, but I did end up fucking the guy that noticed the jeans. The previous time I wore them was two weeks ago in San Francisco, where a shopkeeper asked me how I got a bulge like that while I was paying for my purchases. (I had places to be, so I just explained, but didn't show.) I got a similar comment when I wore them to the leather market at IML in Chicago. The two guys asking about the bulge didn't believe I wasn't stuffing, so I unbuttoned to show them. Next thing I knew, I had this third guy, a really hot Israeli boy, all over me. So, I took him upstairs to my hotel room and plowed him. Previously, when I wore them to a benefit party for Equality California, the jeans got noticed, and at the end of the evening I ended up pulling it out for a little fondling. A friend that I'd attened the party with then ended up "molesting" me when we got back to my house.
It seems that I need to do two things...

A: Meet you.

B: Meet you whilst wearing those jeans so I can ogle your bulge and proposition you.

...How big of a package are we sporting, Mr. Ericbear?

:)

ericbear

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by philberttrw@Aug 12 2004, 01:50 PM

...How big of a package are we sporting, Mr. Ericbear?

While above average, I don't consider myself to be huge, and indeed know a few guys considerably bigger. But, for whatever reason, I've always "shown" well in regular jeans, where I pack it down the left leg. The sportjeans, by design, accentuate everything, mostly by allowing it to be in its natural position and giving it room. According to how I arrange things in the pouch, it looks different. I usually wear them with the cock lifted up, and the balls nestled in the bottom of the pouch, in which case the pouch protrudes about 2.5 to 3 inches in front of my legs (and significantly more if I am wearing a cock ring). If I dress the dick down in the pouch, it sticks forward less, and the bottom of the pouch is pushed down and takes on a particular shape, but I find this uncomfortable.

But, I think a lot of people's reaction has to do with the fact that, having never seen or heard of pants with a built-in pouch, the don't understand what they are looking at. So, I believe they may think they are looking at something so massive that it has stretched a pair of regular jeans out into the pouch shape, which of course isn't the case. And while I often seem to get laid or "molested" while wearing them, I must admit that I usually wear them in situations that I expect to be somewhat cruisy.

Charles: Like Ericbear said, "The sportjeans, by design, accentuate everything, mostly by allowing it to be in its natural position and giving it room."

That's what makes these jeans both comfortable and noticeable. Once, a female friend who saw me in these jeans accused me of stuffing my pants! She accepted my denial, so I didn't have to drop trou and prove it (damn).

I sent a link to the sportjeans website to my cousin who asked about them. Her response was, "The guys on the website look mighty fine in those jeans, I must say...." Well I consider myself a fairly good-looking guy, so they must look "mighty fine" on me, too.

Charles

grnman

Legendary Member
Media
I have a pair of the sport jeans. Actually, the name is kind of funny, as it is a euphanism for jeans for hung guys. A friend of mine liked my sport jeans so much, that he asked to try them on. I figured what the hell, go ahead. He is pretty much average endowed, and he didn't like the way they looked on him. He said the front looked deflated, I guess compared to how he thought they looked on me. Anyway, I thought they looked just fine on him.

They are cut pretty slim in the legs, but very comfortable in the crotch. I do like wearing them; however, I do have to be prepared for the looks I will get. For me, I tend to like a more fitted jean, so these are great in that they can be more fitted and still have crotch room. The front pouch will bulge out quite a bit, but it is nice though that there is more room if I get aroused as I do from time to time. A couple of years ago I had a size queen approach me at a bar; apparently she caught my profile and just had to check me out closer. That only happened once, but I do get more people checking me out with those jeans.

I have also replaced the buttons with metal rivet type buttons, and there is a place at the inner thigh where the stitching is starting to come undone a bit. The construction could be better.

I have a couple of photos of me wearing my sport jeans in my yahoo profile briefcase:
http://f2.pg.briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/grnman2003 in the jeans folder for those of you who would like to see what they look like.

Jack.

prepstudinsc

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
No offense to those who wear and enjoy Sportjeans, but I went to the website and looked at them, and they really look like some kind of 70's throwback to the Village People or something. From the comments on this site,too, the construction seems rather poor if people are having to replace buttons and the seams are coming apart. I'll stick with my overpriced, trendy, boutique jeans thank you. I can dress them up with a pair of Gucci loafers or dress them down with a pair of sandals...I don't think I could do it with these.

ponybilt

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Originally posted by Pappy+Aug 13 2004, 03:50 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Pappy @ Aug 13 2004, 03:50 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-grnman@Aug 13 2004, 04:12 AM
I have a couple of photos of me wearing my sport jeans in my yahoo profile briefcase:
http://f2.pg.briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/grnman2003 in the jeans folder for those of you who would like to see what they look like.

Jack.
Well I tried to look but the folder was empty. :( [/b][/quote]
Pappy - typically you&#39;ll need to have a Yahoo&#33; screen name and be logged in to view people&#39;s briefcases. The pics are there.

Grnman, very interesting design. Even being the show off that I am, I think I might find them a bit conspicuous in most situations (Pony says with uncharacteristic modesty)

Pappy

Media
Thanks Pony, I went back and signed in and while the pics are interesting I don&#39;t think I&#39;d ever wear this type of jean. I try to hide it not accentuate it. These jeans would be a walking billboard. As they say, different strokes................

grnman

Legendary Member
Media
True, these jeans really show things off in a very obvious way, which is why i don&#39;t wear them that much. It is too bad though, because they are quite comfortable. I think it is a shame our society is so up tight about this. I don&#39;t know how to get that kind of comfort without some kind of pouch, but i wish some other designers would work on it.

In the meantime, I will wear those jeans at times, and maybe with a shirt over top if I don&#39;t want to feel like i am advertising. And, I like button fly jeans that tend to give more up front and are more comfortable.

Jack

KinkGuy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Hot pics grnman&#33;&#33;&#33; But, just couldn&#39;t wear them "out".....however in a gay bar they would tend to make a guy v e r y p o p u l a r. Think I&#39;ll just stick to my packed 501&#39;s.

MisterMark

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
grnman, I think you look fantastic in those photos. :) I do wish that bulges were as common on men as cleavage is on women. Maybe I sound crazy or maybe I&#39;m stating the obvious, but I think showing a bulge enhances a guy&#39;s masculinity (at least in his appearance).

Regarding the sportjeans, I, too, have heard that they start to fall apart almost immediately after wearing them.

kenny: LOL i would never EVER wear thoese jeans. it seems the sole intent of them is to give someone a big buldge.

ponybilt

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Originally posted by MarkSavage@Aug 14 2004, 10:16 PM
... I do wish that bulges were as common on men as cleavage is on women...
No kidding&#33;&#33;

Baskets are cool, masculine, and fun to watch -- just as much fun as i&#39;m certain straight guys have when they get a good view of cleavage.

And yeah, Grnman looks great in those jeans.

Kenny provides an interesting point of view that makes me wonder whether or not straight guys are more modest about displaying the goods than other men? Maybe it&#39;s a new topic.

B_RoysToy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I just viewed your yahoo jeans postings, grnman, and must tell you that the designer of the sportjean must have had you in mind. Not many can fill them out like you and your pictures are the best for advertising their &#39;up front&#39; basket for big men&#39;s equipment. BTW, turn to <apeterman_8> for a picture that I wouild like a comment on.

Luke, aka RoysToy

grnman

Legendary Member
Media
Hey, thanks for all the compliments on my jeans, and how I look in them. Obviously, I don&#39;t mind showing a bulge, except at work. I think it is too bad that society is so prudish about how guys look, so most of time I just wear what I like on me bulge or not.

I agree that because of the offset exposed button fly the pouch is particulary obvious. It would be great if a designer created a more discrete concept. Perhaps, just allowing as little extra fabric in front along the fly; somewhat the way some underwear is designed. I did see something online about a Lee jeans making some kind of jean like that, which was being marketed in England, but haven&#39;t seen where it can be purchased.

In the meantime, I recommend button fly jeans for that extra give upfront.

Thanks again, maybe I will post a few more of my favorite jeans in my yahoo profile or start a page in the gallery.

Jack

kenny:
Originally posted by ponybilt@Aug 14 2004, 11:12 PM
Kenny provides an interesting point of view that makes me wonder whether or not straight guys are more modest about displaying the goods than other men? Maybe it&#39;s a new topic.
hmm... i would say that this may be true (generally of course) i simple could never wear thoese jeans because i could handle the attention they might bring. :/

i like to show a buldge but only infront of a women that im keen on and even then its only in certain situations such as being alone with her or in a private place. it makes me uncomfortable cracking a semi and buldge infront of friends or strangers.

Steve26

1st LPSG Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
I&#39;m also a straight guy who wouldn&#39;t wear Sportjeans ... but mostly because I think they look like a failed sewing project from someone&#39;s 7th-grade home ec class. (No offense to those who may like them, though ... this is just the opinion of one not-particularly-stylish guy&#33;) I agree with grnman that it&#39;s a shame nobody has developed jeans that are roomier/more comfortable without being so outlandishly obvious about it.

Steve ;)

mindseye

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I dunno -- I like the look, personally. Even if they didn&#39;t accentuate the crotch, there&#39;s something appealing about their asymmetry that we don&#39;t get to see much in pants. I probably wouldn&#39;t wear them at work, but I&#39;d wear them elsewhere. But grnman says they&#39;re narrow in the legs (looking at the pictures, I agree) -- so I&#39;m pretty sure they wouldn&#39;t fit me.