Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by mindseye@Aug 16 2004, 09:39 AM
...there's something appealing about their asymmetry...
That's actually an interesting observation. The Sportjeans have an asymmetrical (off-center) fly, but this allows your package itself to be positioned symemetrically in the middle. By contrast, regular jeans have a centered symmetrical construction, but this often forces your package to be in an unnatural asymmetrical position-- stuffed down the left leg, in my case.

Regarding the fit of the legs...

The legs on the Sportjeans are only narrow when compared with "Relaxed Fit" or other looser, baggy styles. The legs are cut to exactly the same pattern as original Levi's 501's after washing. (By this I mean the old USA made ones, not the Mexican-made ones, which have a different cut, notwithstanding what Levi's claims.) That is, my 36w Sportjeans have a leg that exactly matches when held up against label-size 36w Levi's 501's. If you fit in traditional 501's, you will probably fit in the Sportjeans.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
If you're going to bitch about how your clothes are made, what do you expect from eight-year-olds in the Third World?

ericbear

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by jonb@Aug 16 2004, 12:33 PM
If you're going to bitch about how your clothes are made, what do you expect from eight-year-olds in the Third World?
Actually, the Sportjeans are made in the USA, or so says the label on the back pocket. Again, except for the disaster button holes, which I fixed, mine have proven durable.

grnman

Legendary Member
Media
I think your right, Ericbear, the sport jeans are cut very much like Levi's 501's, which is a bit slim in the thighs relative to a relaxed fit. I also think the fact that the pouch is situated in front does makes them very comfortable, of course, when i go to use the fly at the urinal i have to dig around a bit more, since the fly is off to the side. I guess I had not thought of it before, but unless your cock is a certain length soft to reach around to the fly you may not be able to use the fly. It is easy enough to just unbutton all the way as I often do anyway, since digging it out is often a problem.

Jack

ericbear

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by grnman@Aug 16 2004, 08:52 PM
... i have to dig around a bit more, since the fly is off to the side. I guess I had not thought of it before, but unless your cock is a certain length soft to reach around to the fly you may not be able to use the fly.
That's indeed a paradox about these jeans...They attract attention, but make it harder to "whip it out." At the urinal, I usually completely unbutton and unbuckle my belt, so I can retuck my shirt, etc, so that was never a problem. On the other hand, I can think of times when I was expecting I'd get a quick BJ at some point, and I decided to wear my plain old 501's instead of the Sportjeans, for just that reason.

newe

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Damn, grnman, you really fill out those jeans. Actually, all the jeans in your profile. Do you look like that in your jeans when you go out in public? If so, you must turn some heads. You would certainly turn mine. I don't think I could wear those sport jeans, and I see from your photos who they are designed for; someone hung much better than I. I think I would be like your friend in them; kind of deflated.

Well, I hope you enjoy those and don't cause too many accidents when you walk down the street.

John

blackpower: I have to give you the same props as the rest of the board. You do fill out your jeans well. I've been looking at the sport Jean and been contemplating ordering them.

Of course it's good to get feed back and customer opinion. I wouldn't want to not look appealing in them. I would like to wear them on my trip to LA in November.

-Black

grnman

Legendary Member
Media
Hey, thanks again guys. And, newe, i will try not to disrupt thing too much with them, ha ha.

Black, just let us know if you have any questions about htose jeans. Happy to help.

Jack

prepstudinsc

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Originally posted by grnman@Aug 17 2004, 05:54 PM
Hey, thanks again guys. And, newe, i will try not to disrupt thing too much with them, ha ha.

Black, just let us know if you have any questions about htose jeans. Happy to help.

Jack
I still don't understand why anyone would want to buy such a hideous looking pair of pants. Everyone who has bought them has said they don't hold up. They look like a bad throw back to the late 1960's. Blackpower, if you're going out to LA, why don't you get a really cool pair of jeans out there--they have such hip shops--buy a pair of Versace, Armani, Seven, Gucci or something like that--something trendy that will look good and last through one washing.

Charles:
Originally posted by prepstudinsc@Aug 18 2004, 12:07 PM
I still don't understand why anyone would want to buy such a hideous looking pair of pants.
Because they don't have a seam going right up the crotch that cuts me in half when I sit down. Because they don't smash my genitalia or cut off circulation. Because when I'm wearing them, I can sit or drive or ride for hours without ever having to "readjust." Because they're the only jeans I've ever seen that allow my penis an testicles to just hang naturally, like God intended, for a truly comfortable feeling.

Yes, the button holes fell apart and I had to pay to repair them. That brought the total cost of these jeans to around $70. Sure, I could buy standard jeans for half that, and be frustrated and uncomfortable every moment they're on my body.

There are times in life when we need to make a choice between what's fashionable and what's practical. I wear "appropriate" attire at the office, at church, and at various social and professional occasions. The sportjeans represent one instance where I've made the choice to wear what I feel good in, rather than try to meet someone else's opinion of what looks good on me.

Charles

rococojoez

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I would be really interested in where I could find these sportjeans. The folder hyperlink was empty. GUESS makes a pretty good jean for showing off, but there's not room for comfort. I usually like to wear them to school where I never want for a glimpse or too.

prepstudinsc

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Originally posted by Charles@Aug 18 2004, 08:48 PM
[
Yes, the button holes fell apart and I had to pay to repair them. That brought the total cost of these jeans to around $70. Sure, I could buy standard jeans for half that, and be frustrated and uncomfortable every moment they're on my body.

Where does someone buy jeans for $35? Not at any of the stores I go to.
Even at $70, they are still cheaper than any pair of jeans I own. I will continue to pay more, have jeans that hold up better, be "in fashion" and not elicit stares because of how they accentuate an already large bulge. From the design of the jeans, they seem to purposely accentuate what most of us try to minimize or at least not enhance. It would be like Dolly Parton wearing a Wonderbra to enhance cleavage--there's no need to. I'll stick with my "chi-chi high fashion jeans", thank you...because everytime I wear them I get compliments. If I ever came in wearing Sportjeans, people would think I had lost my mind!

mindseye

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by prepstudinsc@Aug 18 2004, 10:28 PM
Where does someone buy jeans for $35? Not at any of the stores I go to.
Even at $70, they are still cheaper than any pair of jeans I own.
Must be nice to be able to afford $70+ jeans; most of us aren't so lucky. The only clothing I'd spend that much on personally are shoes.

ponybilt

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Prep, jeans from all the major labels are approx $35 US: Gap, Banana Republic, J Crew, Old Navy, A+F, etc.

Most of my jeans come from Gap and BR, and they're constructed to last at least as long as those I've got from Diesel, D+G, etc which all cost at least 2x as much. And honestly, most of the pricier jeans have a too-stylized cut for my tastes. I prefer the basics.

prepstudinsc

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Originally posted by mindseye@Aug 18 2004, 11:51 PM
Must be nice to be able to afford $70+ jeans; most of us aren't so lucky. The only clothing I'd spend that much on personally are shoes.
Don't get me started on shoes...There's a new store here that has just opened up and the only men's brands they are carrying right now are Prada and Gucci. The only thing that makes me mad is that they are still getting in sizes and styles, so of course they don't have my size. I was ready to buy the coolest pair of chocolate brown Gucci driving loafers, but I was squished into them, and I wasn't going to plunk down $250 on a pair of shoes that was one size too small just to look good. I'll wait until the full size selection comes in and then do it. I'm a slave to fashion but I'm not stupid about it.

grnman

Legendary Member
Media
I would like to clarify that my sport jeans have not "fallen apart." Buttons are not really a big deal; all buttons tend to come off after a while. For jeans, made in a personal shop i think they are well made. I have another pair of jeans made in New York in a local shop, and it is the same; generally good construction, but a few bad stiches, which are not difficult to fix. We are kind of spoiled by companies like Levi's, who can afford the best industrial grade machines etc.

That being said, I am not necessarily advocating that folks buy these jeans. Yes, they are styled very different from other jeans, so you have to be prepared for that. If comfort is a premium, then these are very good. I have not yet worn any fitted jean that were more comfortable than the sport jeans. With these jeans, even though generally fitted, still provide good room in the crotch. So, you have to weigh comfort against appearance.

Personally, I tend not to wear these jeans in public, but rather in settings of friends. While i don't mind showing a bulge, I don't always wish to be quite so obvious.

As far as cost, they are relatively cheap for jeans made domestically. Compare to Lucky jeans that start at like $80.

Jack

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Call me a little (So to speak) humble, but I myself am a Levi Strauss/FADED GLORY man here. Levi's 501 buttonflies are really a pain to get closed. And from I've inferred here, it seems to me that sportjeans are a really crappy brand of jeans.

Whoever said that these things look like a home ec failure here wasn't kidding!