Sports & Modesty & Age?

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
aquadude said:
<...>So I don't get what the big deal is about seeing a naked man and his dick at a younger age, we all have them.
Tell that to the guy who had a meltdown and spent the whole afternoon cursing everyone in that gym because they have penises. See, that's the whole point of this thread. We are all having a problem understanding why any man with 0.05 brain would give his son that sort of lesson. He was wrong on so many levels (sorry guys who keep saying "he was just being a dad." He wasn't, he was being an ass, and should be investigated for child abuse, IMHO.)

hypolimnas

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
do you think he was teaching his son that erections happen

I think the son knew that. The lesson for all of us there was that small skinny kids have potential to grow.

no one got twisted about it, right?
Absolutely, formal etiquette, when out of place, upsets me more than the human body in any state. Thank god there were no Americans around. That could have made all of embarrassed to be part of the human species.

So the kid knows there is no reason to be uncomfortable in that situation.
Bloody hell, I hope so.

Maybe the father wanted the formal German introductions for that very reason. I am currently memorising some 19thC German poetry, who knows what some of it means? I keep thinking of the word opium. Don't get me started on German intentions. After a second pot of tea, hot bath, and a snooze, I'm sure I'll be feeling more diplomatic.

Guy@naPrince

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
robmass42 said:
I keep my son away from situations where he doesn't belong, but I sure as hell don't ask other adults to alter their (socially acceptable) behavior on his behalf.

'I exist. Accomodate me'.

Profound, I think - surely setting him on the path to existing in a complex world, without going postal.

On the other hand, maybe, families should have a special section of the LR reserved for them, with separate shower and locker facilities. Encouraging families to workout together might even be successful commercially, since gyms like Results in DC is already doing things (family night, ltd. child-care, etc) to be more family-friendly.

Either way, my life should not be post-poned or edited, because somebody else decided to breed. :mad:

Tim37

Superior Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The dad is a nut case, I feel sorry for the poor kid. At the age of fifteen the kid should have had some idea what a naked man looked anyway. There is nothing wrong with men walking around naked in a locker room and changing and showering.

chuck216

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
What the ironic thing is though is that the 15 year old son has not only probably seen far more dicks than were in the locker room, but sucked quite a few of them too. I feel sorry for the kid having such a prudish asshole for a father.

Bigboner

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
This is a perfect example of one of the most bizarre cultures on Earth.

One that salivates at films of human
mutilation
i.e
human brains blown out. vs. finding natural human affection or the natural state of the human body obscene and disturbing.

The father clearly has a serious sexual dysfunction, borderline paranoia.

Bigboner

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
This is a perfect example of one of the most bizarre cultures on Earth.

One that salivates at films of human mutilation..i.e human brains blown out. vs. finding natural human affection or the natural state of the human body obscene and disturbing.

The father clearly has a serious sexual dysfunction, borderline paranoia.

Sklar

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
That old guy had a good point. Why couldn't the guy leave his kid at the front desk, while he changed up, or skipped the shower altogether? Let the staff look after him for a few minutes.

Nobody made this moron walk his kid into a busy lockerroom.

Why should the staff have to look after someones 15 year old??? It's not their job to babysit someone else's kid.

chico8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
On the other hand, maybe, families should have a special section of the LR reserved for them, with separate shower and locker facilities. Encouraging families to workout together might even be successful commercially, since gyms like Results in DC is already doing things (family night, ltd. child-care, etc) to be more family-friendly.

Either way, my life should not be post-poned or edited, because somebody else decided to breed. :mad:

That sounds pretty bigoted, IMO. You were a little one once too, what were your parents' attitude towards nudity and exposing you to it?

monsternmypant

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Ha! Reminds me of last winter when one of my freshman elective profs was in the locker room with his adolescent son and was obviously trying to distract the kid from looking at my limp (and cold!) dick as I was changing. The old guy gave me this "how dare you!" look, so I stopped and retracted my foreskin within my "private space" and took a look at the underside of the head, in case the kid had never seen an intact cock and wondered what was up with the lengthy overhang.

korndog

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
This guy is obviously an idiot, and unfortunately for him, his son is probably all too aware of this.

What exactly did the dad think he was shielding his son from? You would hope he would have taught him about inapproriate behavior long before he was 15. And if his son had no experience of locker rooms, he should have explained what to expect BEFORE ever taking his kid to the gym. Then the dad could have shown, by example, how to act in a locker room.

My dad started taking me to the gym when I was 14 and I soon got used to locker rooms and showers. I think I have a healthier/better adjusted attitude because of it. I just hope this poor kid doesn't get screwed up because of his dad.

MH07

Expert Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
That sounds pretty bigoted, IMO. You were a little one once too, what were your parents' attitude towards nudity and exposing you to it?

I agree with guyinaprince, it's not my responsibility to alter my entire life because somebody else decided to breed.

As to the episode that started the thread:

When I was 15, we had communal showers in school and nobody thought a thing about it.

I could understand this thread a little better if it were, say, a 5 year old or an 8 year old boy, but *15*?

15 is getting close to being an adult. 18 (3 years later) and he can be sent to Afghanistan!

The father was totally out of line.

I will also say: parents, it's YOUR responsibilty to worry about your kids, NOT MINE. That means, it's not unreasonable for me to want a quiet dinner in a nice restaurant without your brat screaming and throwing things. It's not unreasonable to expect me to be able to change my clothes and shower in the MEN'S LOCKER ROOM without your having a fit because your 15 year old son might see my penis! (The gym where I go prohibits children under 14, period. They have a daycare for kids, and a separate kids program, but no kids in the grown-up gym. This infuriated the parents, but was a huge relief for the rest of us).

It's not unreasonable for me to be able to expect that, when I show up at the gym, and there are 6 treadmills, 4 of which are occupied, that you keep your brats from crawling all over the remaining, supposedly open treadmills while you finish your workout (this happened to me BEFORE the gym banned kids, and that's one of the reasons). It IS unreasonable for you to drop a 10 year old kid off at the gym for 4 hours while you go shopping at the nearby mall, while he and his buddies run wild through the exercise and locker areas, getting into trouble.

Sorry, but that one touched a nerve. I have no objection at all to quiet, well-behaved children under adult supervision; I just see no reason why they are MY responsibility.

robmass42

Experimental Member
Media
I probably error on the side of being too casual about nudity around the house. My son is used to it, and doesn't care.

I have an enclosed hot tub area on the back porch, and I once had a really bizarre conversation with the parent of one of my son's friends who was all uptight about it.

I don't ever want to put others in an uncomfortable spot, but I also don't always want to accomodate other people's rules in my own house. I finally told this other dad that if our kids wanted to spend time together, maybe they'd have to find things to do other than be at my house - they could go for a bike ride, go throw a Frisbee around in the park, go to a movie, whatever.

When my son is a guest at somebody's else's house, I expect him to respect the host's wishes, not the other way around.

Reactions: carsonmccullers

ledroit

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
That behavior is insane--but thanks for writing about it. Another friend of mine told me he saw a show on PBS last week that had some famous painting with the ass crack on a guy pixellated out. I went through the roof. How much longer are normal people in the US going to tolerate this completely insane behavior?

I'm glad that guy wasn't at my gym, because I would have spontaneously erupted, son or no son. He has no right to teach his son you don't have to live in reality, or share that reality with real people. He has no right to teach his son a man's cock or a woman's nipple is obscene.

These people have got to be stopped. At the very least I think we should try to shame them whenever we can into feeling absolutely absurd and stupid for behaving like this. But with intelligence of course, for the kid's sake.

If we don't start doing this in the US, the insane people win.

Reactions: carsonmccullers

catman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I have to agree...seems we are teaching children 'naked bodies bad'...

I have taken my sons to the gym before- I think its healthy.

I was startled one evening to see a father with his 2 sons (aged about 8 and 12 I am guessing). I walked by and saw him spending time with them in the pool- getting them excited about fitness. It was very encouraging.
I also saw him take them both into the 'handicapped' shower, but realized that was probably the easist choice.

They did come into the sauna, clothed- those of us that were nude simply covered up, the kids stayed clothed. I later heard the father discussing it with them. I honestly wanted to tell him 'good dad'.

Also saw a 2 divorved dads bring their sons with them (am hoping one son takes after his father...WOW!!!!). From the conversation I gathered this was their 'every other weekend' visit- again, good to see them spending quality time, the fathers stripped down, the sons kept on trunks (they were more exicited about the hot tub and pool, the dads played raquetball and the sons did likewise. I wish there were more dads like that as well...

Time will tell.

714goodguy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
If this dad is afraid of homosexuals looking at him or his son, they should never leave the house.

You are so right robmass42. I am gay and I check out every guy I see. I don't know whether or not they are gay. And it doesn't matter to me -- eye candy is eye candy.

Thinking about this from the other direction, I wonder if this man would be grossed out if he found out that a hot chick he was checking out was a lesbian.

Someone's sexual orientation is not something that we can see. For all this father knows, every man he has ever changed next to or showered with in a locker room has been gay. What a horrible world this must be for him to live in!

BigCollege_Cock

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Well I don't think there is anything wrong with that...but this is a little weird. In highschool I was on the swim team, and teachers were allowed to use the pool for 30 mins after school let out because the swim team needed to practice afterwards. Well somedays I would be late for practice because of club meetings and stuff and like this one teacher I had in elementary school would shower naked in the locker room. That was a little disturbing just to see him like that. I mean I know were all guys and we all have the same thing but I never thought I'd see my 5th grade teacher's penis. That could be a totally diff. topic to get on though who knows?