Sports & Modesty & Age?

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
I realize that times have changed and parents need to take responsibility fo their children. These are the procedures I believe are appropriate.

Ages infant to about 5. Both parents need to take their children into the dressing rooms. The children wont remember much except they will have an idea that human bodies come in all shapes and sizes in both genders.

Ages 6 to 18 in the US. It is time for chidlren to go only to the dressing room of their gender - boys to the men's dressing room and girls to the ladies dressing room.

If there is no paid supervision in the dessing room as is the case at most gymns to protect the gymn from any formal compliant it would be wise for faathers or some responsible adult male to be with minors in the dressing room.

There is absolutely no problem with nudity. And boy 6 age 18 guys need to know there are weird guys, striaght guys, bi guys pydophiles, small dicks, medium dicks and large dicks both thin and thick and anything else about the male human body.

The only reason for the need for the adult is to protect the boys from a sexual predator and protect any guy in the dressing room from being accused of making advances toward a minor.

Some gymns have a dressing room for dads and sons. And boys under 15 can't go into the men's dressing room unless accompanied by an adult male.in charge of the boy.

I think that is a good set up. If boys under 15 are at the gymn by themselves they can go to the boys dressing room. If dad is with them they can go to either dressing room.

As for the stupid dad, perhaps the guys in the dressing room had bigger dicks than his and he didn't want his son to know there are big dicked guys around. Who knows. I would have banned him and his son to protext the gymn from a potential acccusation and only for that reason.

B_josiah852

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
When I was 8 years old I started going to the local pool. In the lockerroom you undressed and got into a swim trunk and before you left you undressed and got back into your clothes. Then came the Y memberships where there was one large shower room with several showers in the one room. Jr High and High School everyone got naked and showered during gym class. Then came the health clubs where it was the same. No one ever thought anything about being naked in front of all ages of males. It was just a mature fact. Yes I am sure there was guys checking out guys and probably a few guys managed to hook up there. But there was nothing taught about getting naked in gym lockerrooms and showers being a place of perversion as it is now. I took my son to a health club when he was in jr. high and as he was accustomed to getting naked in front of his classmates there he wasn't uncomfortable getting naked and taking a shower at the health club. Saturday's was a day for parents to take their kids to special classes at the health club. The only men that covered up then in the lockerroom was men who seemed to feel insecure about their manhood size. Now it is homophobic in the lockerrooms. Hate to see what it will be like in another ten years. No sauna's and no showers ?

Guy@naPrince

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I agree with guyinaprince, it's not my responsibility to alter my entire life because somebody else decided to breed...I will also say: parents, it's YOUR responsibilty to worry about your kids, NOT MINE. That means, it's not unreasonable for me to want a quiet dinner in a nice restaurant without your brat screaming and throwing things. It's not unreasonable to expect me to be able to change my clothes and shower in the MEN'S LOCKER ROOM without your having a fit because your 15 year old son might see my penis!

It's just my opinion, but, I don't think everything should or must be a 'family experience'. Kids have their place, and we have ours, and when we share activities, people should be responsible for their kids.

I'm not saying being a parent should be a death sentence here. My parents had a good time, when they were younger.

I'm not sure what the other guy found so bigoted about giving 'families' the option of separate LR facilities. It's just a way the gym could acknowledge a desire for privacy and respect that, should a family/parent want it.

The world needn't be Disneyed down to accomodate a few, prudish people and their offspring. :rolleyes:

One time, a guy asked me to turn around, while his kids showered. I was just enjoying my shower and never saw them come in - think I had my eyes closed. Anyway, I told him your kids are welcome to wait, until I'm finished. The guy gave me a dirty look, but led his kids outside the shower area, until I was finished.

In my day (which wasn't THAT long ago), except where safety or food was concerned, children were taught that adults had an respected place in the world and privileges that they didn't. It gave us kids something to look forward and to work towards, and it had a positive influence on our behavior.

Waiting for a man to finish his shower, telephone call, soda or whatever was the natural way of things.