Sports!

B_DWTS00

1st Like
Media
Does anyone here watch sports?

To me theres nothing worse than watching sports esp the stuff that most people gather to watch like: football, basketball, baseball, soccer, tennis, etc..

I mean whats the point of watching something you can do, and most of these games are just so goddamn boring.

Im really active tho, I run, kickbox, workout, bike, swim and when I have chance I enjoy hiking, mountain climbing, mountain biking, non-rifle hunting with bow (or spear if I learn how to :biggrin1: ) etc.....

lets hear it :biggrin1:

Onslow

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Simply put--if you don't want to watch then don't. I watch baseball games and football games and when they bother showing it, I like to watch bowling. None of these are sports which I find boring. Occasionally I watch hockey and some of the basketball playoff games. Then there were the olympics and I was practically glued to the screen during the Curling competitions :eek:

Everybody has their own interests and some people aren't in the participation part of sports (although I am still able to bowl a good game--how many one legged men can bowl a 230?). When it comes to people getting together to watch a game, that is known as associating with other people which not everyone is good at. I prefer smaller gatherings for sporting events as opposed to the horrors of stadium or arena venues for viewing.

I like sports, however I have never been that great at them even though I did the baseball stuff for a while and was a barely adequate pitcher(welcome to the nightmare as I am ambidextrous and can throw from either hand--that is the only thing that kept me on those teams). The only thing I stuck with was bowling and after my accident several years ago my biggest goal was to get back to the lanes and regain my game. Few things are sweeter to me than the sound of pins going down as the ball hits them.

Altairion

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I'm an avid sports watcher. My main sport is college football (US). At times I'll watch baseball, hockey, and basketball...but my main one is football.

Back in the day I played baseball, but I got bored playing it myself. And for football....at my weight I'd become extra padding on the field turf after a single down. So I prefer to watch :smile:

For myself, my main activities are running, racquetball, and lifting...so I can get away with sitting on my ass watching tv. :wink:

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
Well this disabled guy gets vicarious thrills from watching sports, especially baseball, tennis, golf, hockey, auto racing and curling.

Altairion

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Pecker said:
Well this disabled guy gets vicarious thrills from watching sports, especially baseball, tennis, golf, hockey, auto racing and curling.

Oh man dude, I was watching the olympics and saw the final match in curling for the gold/silver. If I ever saw it on tv now, I'd definitely watch it...strangely cool.

Mattness

Expert Member
Media
Kirkland, WA (Outside of Seattle, Washington)
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
DWTS00 said:
Does anyone here watch sports?

To me theres nothing worse than watching sports esp the stuff that most people gather to watch like: football, basketball, baseball, soccer, tennis, etc..

I mean whats the point of watching something you can do, and most of these games are just so goddamn boring.

Im really active tho, I run, kickbox, workout, bike, swim and when I have chance I enjoy hiking, mountain climbing, mountain biking, non-rifle hunting with bow (or spear if I learn how to :biggrin1: ) etc.....

lets hear it :biggrin1:
I am SO with you on this on DWT. I've never understood the facination with sports -- especially the violent ones like Football and Hockey. I'm SO not into Countries and Cities competing with one another. I just think it's so negative. I get funny looks because I'm a guy and don't like sports! :biggrin1:

B_DWTS00

1st Like
Media
Mattness said:
I am SO with you on this on DWT. I've never understood the facination with sports -- especially the violent ones like Football and Hockey. I'm SO not into Countries and Cities competing with one another. I just think it's so negative. I get funny looks because I'm a guy and don't like sports! :biggrin1:

Well we agree that sports are overrated, but our reasons are diff. I just think theyre goddamn boring and dont understand the fasicination with them, But violence and aggression....I love em :biggrin1: nothing better than a 10 round kickboxing match, maybe Ill give that wrestling thing a try again :biggrin1:.

Dont get me started on the comments about not liking sports :rolleyes:

jakeatolla

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Pecker said:
Curling huh ? you sure you're not Canadian ?

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
I'll watch my hometown NFL team (The Saints) tho they are SO bad (and I don't mean good).

Watch the NFL playoffs, tho last season only had time to see the Superbowl. Don't like basketball, and baseball is like watching SLO death. A good NASCAR race is always fun for me, but watch mostly the start of the race and near the end.

jakeatolla

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Pecker said:
Oh, jake, I was being silly. I should have said Synchronized Nose Blowing.

Heh Heh, that would be more exciting by far.
The only reason people play curling is, they drink like fish between ends.
And people who watch curling, drink EVEN more!!!

pantyboy

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
March Madness !! Favorite time of year for college basketball !
Love college football too. Go LSU !!

NBA and NFL suck .