Spotlight on Mem

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Well Just Asking has been MIA for two days...So when he is not so busy I hope he can find the time to finish his spotlight....since he did not get to my questions yet.
In the meanwhile I'll pass the torch to another member...Mem who can keep us entertained for the next 24 hours.
I met him last spring at the NY LPSG meet and greet... great guy! We miss you.
Do you love living in Florida?
How is the Prince?

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Well Just Asking has been MIA for two days...So when he is not so busy I hope he can find the time to finish his spotlight....since he did not get to my questions yet.
In the meanwhile I'll pass the torch to another member...Mem who can keep us entertained for the next 24 hours.
I met him last spring at the NY LPSG meet and greet... great guy! We miss you.
Do you love living in Florida?
How is the Prince?

I LOVE Florida. Everything is beautiful here. It's still warm, about 70 F right now, so it's still t-shirt and shorts weather. You don't need to run the AC and at night it has been getting into the mid 50's. Being closer to the equator we get almost an extra hour of sunlight.

Albert is doing fine. I just self stretched about 4 weeks ago from an 8 gauge to a 6 gauge. I didn't even need a taper, it just slid right in.

I miss you guys too, you should all move down here, you would love it.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Mem, I had to leave sooner than I would have liked to the night we met...What would we have talked about if I had been able to stay and have dinner?
What do you like best about where you live?
Where did you grow up?
If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?
Has LPSG changed at all for you since you became a member?
If you were stranded on a deserted island, what is the one thing you could not live without?
Do you ever visit New York City since you moved away?
What is your favorite holiday?
Who or what has been the biggest influence in your life?
If you had three wishes...what would they be?
What is your most treasured possession?
Mem is______________________because__________________!

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
Mem,

Life - are we all in it together or do we make our own way?

What discrimination have you faced for your lifestyle and/or sexuality?

What is your experience of christian america?

The brain functions better at slightly lower temperatures. Is this good or bad in the south?

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Mem, I had to leave sooner than I would have liked to the night we met...What would we have talked about if I had been able to stay and have dinner?

I don't know what we would have talked about, it would have just had to have been an organic conversation.

What do you like best about where you live?

The warm weather. I also happen to have lucked out and live in a nice area. Also the beaches, and how warm the ocean water is during the summer months.

Where did you grow up?

I grew up in Union County NJ, about 15 miles from Manhattan. In my teenage years I used to take the Path train and hang out in the village. Walk around and look at all the cool looking punk rockers.

If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?

South Florida, where I am now. Ideally I would love to live at a condo next to Haulover Beach.

Has LPSG changed at all for you since you became a member?

Yes, for a while for the better, but lately it has been too quiet here.

If you were stranded on a deserted island, what is the one thing you could not live without?

Nothing specific. Family, food and water. I would miss the internet.

Do you ever visit New York City since you moved away?

No, but I will be back to North Jersey for Christmas Eve. Hopefully next summer I will be back also, I think it would be nice to see my family at least two times a year. I call my parents twice a day.

What is your favorite holiday?

Christmas Eve, that is the night that the whole family gathers at my aunts house.

Who or what has been the biggest influence in your life?

My parents.

If you had three wishes...what would they be?

1. That my mother would be cured of Parkinson's and regain the memory that she is losing.

2. Health and well being for all my friends and family.

3. To be a Trillionaire.

What is your most treasured possession?

I don't have one, and it's not because I don't like things.

Mem is___nice_because___his parents are nice people_!
/quote]

:smile:

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Mem,

Life - are we all in it together or do we make our own way?

Both, but in the end we make our own way.

What discrimination have you faced for your lifestyle and/or sexuality?

Once I worked at a restaurant as a waiter, I was not out or anything, and the manager tried to keep me only working part time so I would not qualify for health benefits. I think it was the district manager's edict.

One time I was in Atlantic City getting into an elevator and a Hispanic lady and man got in with me and he said to his wife "maricon" which means "faggot". I guess the guy has issues and good gaydar but did not recognize a fellow hispanic.

What is your experience of christian america?

I grew up Catholic, so I respect it. I did go to church at times as a kid. I don't think I ever had my confirmation. I am not very religious, but I am spiritual.

The brain functions better at slightly lower temperatures. Is this good or bad in the south?

It's great in the south. Actually I think Florida is in another dimension and not really in the south.

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I take it being gay is a big part of your persona

do you tend to exclusivity, or sluttiness?

do you have any curiosity about Havana's gay night spots, and would you be willing to risk any adventures there under the current regime, or are you more likely to wait on regime change?

Last edited:

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I take it being gay is a big part of your persona

Not at all. I don't come off as gay. I am not out at any jobs that I've had. More of a don't ask don't tell. They know I don't date women.

Online being gay is a part of my persona because I feel safe and free to be open.

do you tend to exclusivity, or sluttiness?

Sluttiness.

do you have any curiosity about Havana's gay night spots, and would you be willing to risk any adventures there under the current regime, or are you more likely to wait on regime change?

Not interested n Havana's gay night spots. I did see an amazing documentary about gays in Havana a while ago and it was great. I like gringos, but gringos that speak Spanish can step to the front of the line.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I like gringos, but gringos that speak Spanish can step to the front of the line.
Hola senor Mem como esta? Are you having fun in the spotlight?

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
So Mem why is it that most of us at the meet n greet felt we had seen you somewhere b4?

I have no idea. Maybe because you knew me from posting here. I grew on you spiritually and you thought you knew me. Maybe I look like my avatar. :wink:

I was on a cruise recently and met a gay group on board and had dinner with many different people and not one of them said that I looked familiar. :biggrin1:

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I knew it. I just knew it.

Mem, you've really settled in here.
I remember the mem of 4,000 polls a day.
The mem who papered the board with posts.
Now you have more the tempo of the average active poster.
Why did this change happen?

I got tired of fighting with people and people got tired of fighting with me. Also Naughty helped me a long time ago with a PM that said "don't get baited" I wrote it in magic marker on a piece of paper and taped it near my computer.

You are one of the two people whom I liked on here that I had a huge fight with in a thread. I don't even remember what it was about. The other person was NIC160IQ. I'm sure there are many others, a few I don't care so much for.

I tend not to hold a grudge. Only one person made it to my permanent shit list. This person never had a kind word for me, but always went out of their way to be nasty.

Last edited:

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Hmm...so many questions which I've been meaning to ask.

Are you the host of any blogospheres?

What age are you in Internet years?

How about in real life?

Are your earlobes free or attached?

If you could have breakfast at 6 in the morning with one person-other than family-who would it be?

Have you ever been to the website creakyjoints.org? (it's being mentioned on NY1 right now)

Watermelon or sex?

Sex or watermelon?

If there was only one number in the world what would you want it to be?

Is Mem short for something else?

Are you a cat person?

When dressing, which shoe/sneaker/sandal/slipper do you put on first-left or right?

Have you ever used those contact lenses which change eye color?

Which hand do you hold the telephone in when speaking?

New England or Manhattan clam chowder?

If Florida was about to become a sovereign nation-with a 4% increase in sales tax-would you stay or move back to Jersey which was about to have a 4% payback on all sales items?

Have you ever viewed the Northern Lights?

Growing up did you have a Dixie Cup dispenser in your kitchen or bath?

What is your favorite flower?

Favorite bird?

Do you prefer oak or cherry wood?

Are you enjoying the spotlight?

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
So tell me. Do you miss central Jersey? If so what do you miss about it?

For the most part no. I miss my family. I also miss the selection of different items at the supermarket. I miss the cheaper gas that I don't have to pump myself. The liquor stores suck here, since some form of alcohol is available at every store and pharmacy. I went to buy some liquor to make Sex on the Beach. There are different recipes. One is Vodka and Peach Schnapps, the liquor store I found only had one kind. I also wanted to get a Melon liquor and a Raspberry liquor but they did not have them. They only had Chambord and Midori but the small bottles were very expensive. In a large Jersey liquor store there are many differnt brands of the same item and prices are cheaper.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Hmm...so many questions which I've been meaning to ask.

Are you the host of any blogospheres?

No.

What age are you in Internet years?

I have no idea. Sometimes I feel a million.

How about in real life?

Early 40 ish

Are your earlobes free or attached?

free, they hang.

If you could have breakfast at 6 in the morning with one person-other than family-who would it be?

Stevie Nicks.

Have you ever been to the website creakyjoints.org? (it's being mentioned on NY1 right now)

No.

Watermelon or sex?

Sex

Sex or watermelon?

Sex and watermelon sex.

If there was only one number in the world what would you want it to be?

four.

Is Mem short for something else?

Kind off. It's short for mem0101 which is an old AOL screen name. I wanted something anonymous and easy to remember. The mem part was short for member. The 0101 was the first number I tried on AOL that was not already taken.

Are you a cat person?

I don't have pets. I prefer dogs, but I like cats too. My father loves animals and my mother does not. I take after my father in that aspect.

When dressing, which shoe/sneaker/sandal/slipper do you put on first-left or right?

Left

Have you ever used those contact lenses which change eye color?

No, never needed glasses either. When I went to get my drivers license here in Florida I failed the eye exam. I got a note after an eye exam saying that I my vision can not be corrected by lenses due to lazy eye. I am jsut now having trouble reading fine print.

Which hand do you hold the telephone in when speaking?

Left. I am right handed.

New England or Manhattan clam chowder?

New England, but I am not much of a soup person. I would rather have a salad.

If Florida was about to become a sovereign nation-with a 4% increase in sales tax-would you stay or move back to Jersey which was about to have a 4% payback on all sales items?

I would stay in Florida. The thing I hate most about New Jersey is the cold weather.

Have you ever viewed the Northern Lights?

No. I've also never seen the night sky lit up by hundreds of stars. On vacation once in Key West I saw Mars with the naked eye. It looked like a very bright star but the color was orangish, and I was told it was Mars and was visible in that area at that time.

Growing up did you have a Dixie Cup dispenser in your kitchen or bath?

Neither

What is your favorite flower?

I forget what it's called, the one with the long shaft. :biggrin1:

Favorite bird?

A colorful Parrot

Do you prefer oak or cherry wood?

Cherry Wood.

Are you enjoying the spotlight?

Yes.