Spotting after sex?

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by Salty Jack, May 27, 2008.

1. Salty Jack

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    My wife is experiencing spotting (bleeding) after we have sex lately. :frown1: She's been to the doctor , had some tests and the doc says there's nothing to worry about, but I wonder if anyone here has had similar issues. The wife wonders if we're being too exuberant, but I don't think that's it. We use lube and she's also plenty self-lubed as recently she's always orgasmed before me. She does have an IUD. Any thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks,

Jack

2. Rubenesque

Gold Member

Albums:
    Is she having any pain? And also, and it's ok if you don't want to answer, but I wonder how old she is?

I only ask because hormonal changes could be a possible reason for this

3. B_Mademoiselle Rouge

Does she notice any tearing? I can spot pretty bad when i have a vaginal tear.

4. Salty Jack

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Thanks Denise. She's 43. No pain involved, other than anxiety. I'm not aware of any hormonal changes. She went off the pill 3 years ago.

Jack

5. Salty Jack

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Hi Red,

She doesn't notice any tearing. The doc didn't mention it, but this seems like a reasonable explanation that I will follow up with her on.

Thanks,

Jack

6. purrfect78

purrfect78 New Member

Albums:
    I've experienced spotting ever so often after sex since I had my first son and a hasty episiotomy. It's rarely painful and I don't really notice. Has your wife had children?

7. Rubenesque

Gold Member

Albums:
    Ok, it's possible that it's just a slight tear. Or, at 43, she could be experiencing physical changes due to menopause, it's a little early but certainly not unheard of. One of the earlier signs of menopause is spotting between regular monthly menstruation.

8. Salty Jack

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Thanks guys. Yes, she's had children and an episiotomy. Seems awfully early to be talking about menopause symptoms.

Let me follow up with her and get back to you...

Jack

9. Salty Jack

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    OK, so the suspect is the IUD. It's coming out & the tubes are getting tied.

Kind of a bummer.

Jack

10. Hippie Hollow Girl

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I do that ever so often. (Bleeding after sex.....or spotting every once in a while between periods) I am 42. I think mine is my hormones. I am not on the pill right now because of elevated trigycerides. In fact I just went to the dr. Friday for like a pap smear......and they told me that my hormones are affecting my "lining". And I guess it causes me to have bleeding real easy if something comes into contact with it.

I have no idea if this is what is happening to your wife. I don't have an IUD.

Just saw this and thought I would offer my 2 cents. And the dr. says that I am not going through menapause. I always ask and have them run the tests. Menapause is where a female doesn't produce estrogen anymore and she quits having her periods.

There is something called perimenapause and it can take like 10 years to go through. And that is when periods start getting irregular. Also I think ovulation becomes irregular so instead of ovulating there is break through bleeding.

Anyways this is what I think I am going through. Sorry if this is too much unwanted information.

11. cookiesweet83

cookiesweet83 New Member

Albums:
    that happened to me twice. i guess they pounded me too hard, but one guy was real big.

12. D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah

D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah Account Disabled

I just finished masturbating and i realize there was blood on the sheets. I done nothing different then the usual and no pain but it is quiet scary since ive never bleed before. Maybe i'll just put it down to over doing it :redface:

Draft saved Draft deleted