Spring Cleaning!

HiddenLacey

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Unfortunately my home seems to become more packed around this time of year. I tend to have plants covering my counters and stove in the kitchen. Now is a great time to have seedlings for the gardens. One side of my sink has tomatoes, strawberries and broccoli just waiting for their new home in my garden (is secretly hoping for a small bunny invasion this year!!!)

Other than the above, I don't like to purchase things I don't want to keep, so I have a massive amount of books, clothes, nail polish and paint supplies. Most of those things are pretty well hidden and here to stay. I have started giving books that I no longer care to read away to people I know will trade them in or share with others.

Last edited by a moderator:

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I keep house on a dime year round and I'm a big advocate for tossing or donating what is no longer necessary. However I do undertake a massive cleaning in late December and early June.

fratpack

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Considering how awful the last three years have been for me personally I have decidied to purge almost everything. After I was laid off in December, I spent the next month going through everything and tossing the lot. Kept only certain books and a set of clothes for every day for two weeks. It has taught me the real value of things as opposed to what we impose on them.

Pandora77

Cherished Member
Gold
Account Deletion Pending
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
To me spring cleaning is about cleaning itself, not about tossing out things. I toss out stuff that I no longer need whenever I get in one of those "it's way too full here" moods.
I just finished my spring cleaning this week. I washed everything (all pillows and blankets on the couch for example), cleaned all windows, dust cleaned everything (took down every single picture on the wall and cleaned it, every mirror, every door, etc) and redecorated with easter stuff.

luka82

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
To me spring cleaning is about cleaning itself, not about tossing out things. I toss out stuff that I no longer need whenever I get in one of those "it's way too full here" moods.
I just finished my spring cleaning this week. I washed everything (all pillows and blankets on the couch for example), cleaned all windows, dust cleaned everything (took down every single picture on the wall and cleaned it, every mirror, every door, etc) and redecorated with easter stuff.
Interesting! :biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1:
(see, I replied :biggrin1:)

RICKY_27

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
No, thank you!
The last time I tried to get in the States illegally, I was shot at in Bolivia and deported to Uzbekistan! :biggrin1:

AAAAAAW LUKA!!!

How very SAD! I would be more than HONORED to give you a LOVING home with all you want to eat!!!

RICKY_27:smile::smile::smile::smile:

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I have a house keeper come by two days a week. As for the big stuff (Steinway, antique middle eastern carpets, buffing the hardwood floors and keeping the marble shiny, i have "the guy" come by and deal with each as necessary).

However, once a year I do throw away all of my socks and replace them with four or five dozen of the exact same kind.