Springing Forward

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by D_Martin van Burden, Apr 4, 2004.

1. D_Martin van Burden

D_Martin van Burden Account Disabled

So, how's everyone dealing with the time change?

I understand that there are quite a few spots in the United States and Canada that don't honor it. Anyhow, I went out to a pub and got back in enough time to adjust my clock before bed. At the time (2:00 a.m.), I was still pretty alert and aware of what was going on. I saw my computer automatically adjust. I was fine for a bit, but about ten to fifteen minutes later, that familiar sense of exhaustion crept over my body. It's the kind of tired that keeps your eyes a bit blurred when you look at the web site on your screen, when you take twice as long to stretch. I had to turn in.

I woke up particularly late -- not that I can complain because I can get away with sleeping in most of the time.

I usually check e-mail and the weather online, maybe read some news on MSN. (It's my morning coffee, I guess, and it's better for my skin.) I surfed a few sites. I don't recall reading too much of interest online (the usual), but time just flew today. I started up late, showered late. I cleaned up around the house, and I finally got started on my homework at six this evening.

So, yeah, I'm struggling a bit today. It's so much harder to spring forward because, especially with a busy semester, it's one less hour to sleep, eat, do homework, write a paper, etc.

How do you all deal?

2. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

I hate daylight saving time.

The extra hour of sunshine burns up my lawn.

Besides, it wreaks havoc on global warming.

3. Imported

Gold Member

SpeedoGuy: I hate it too. Every spring I "save" an hour and then the following fall I can't remember where I put it and have to buy a new one.

Seriously, though, I wish we would just leave the clocks alone and not go through this fuss twice a year.

SG

4. Imported

Gold Member

oldman9x7: Hi guys,

Enough with the weeping - just do what I did - - MOVE to Arizona. Here Daylight Saving is just something that OTHER people do.
    Gramps

5. MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK Well-Known Member

No really big change for me, though it's a little refreshing driving home from work with a little more sunlight. Of course, resetting the clocks and/or watches can be murder, if you have VCR's.

6. Imported

Gold Member

Javierdude22: I actually love it.

For us in the upper part of the northern hemisphere it means we have more daylight during the evenings. At its it is fully dark at 23.00 or 11pm and it gets completely light again at 5.00 am. Its great for kids to play outside longer, people are happier, there is just more time to do fun stuff.

Can´t say I feel a lot of difference when we have to set forward the clocks. It takes an hour from my day, no biggie.

Draft saved Draft deleted