Stage fright at the urinals

D_Harry_Bunz

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Doeas anybody else get this-I have nothing to feel embarrassed about-this is LPSG after all. So why then can i never pee in a urinal if there is anyone else in the washroom?

mandoman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
the human brain cannot think two thoughts at a time.
try doing math while at the urinal.
I used to be horribly, horribly pee shy.
now, I don't even consider it, no matter if the guy standing next to me is tense.
it's a blessing to be able to go when I want.

catcrazy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
i had that problem when i was younger , i was afraid of anyone seeing my penis because i thought it was small ( I am small flacid but 6 1/2 inch erect) i just learned to take deep breathes and self talk and over time i could go without any problems and now i go to nudist beaches and enjoy being naked in front of others.

JohnDoeXXXm

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
for me it's not nervousness or shyness. Sometimes I go to the urinal with an urge to pee, whip it out, and then the stream won't start- like i've waited too long. That's bad news if it's a crowded sporting event and there's ten bears behind you all hopping on one leg... I think I don't pee well under pressure... and then what must the guy next to me think with me just standing there dick in urinal but no piss...

suprdave

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
one of my buds was pee shy and he noticed i wasnt and asked me about it one day

i told him what worked for me when i was young, expose yourself. go to an area you know your buds can see you but not see your junk. when you get used to that get closer. if your walking and see someone taking a leak with their back to you, look, realise its normal for people to see you. just get used to poeple being around you when you do it. couple of months later we were hanging out working on our atv"s and i went out around the side of the garage to take a leak and another bud stopped to ask me something, my other bud just walks up, whips it out and takes a leak while talking to us. when he finished he elbowed me and said thanks bud.

Frodo46888

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I consider the problem as a form of "performance anxiety". It's also a matter of coordination - the sphincter has to relax while the bladder muscles contract - sort of like patting your head and rubbing your stomach at the same time. If the timing is off it doesn't work.

Gradual desensitizing may be the key. There are many websites that discuss it.

erratic

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm the same way. No idea why - I'm not shy about getting naked in front of people, so why am I shy about peeing?

Anyway, I've found that if I do the basic yoga breathing exercise (concentrate on your breath going in and out) it all happens naturally.

shayrossen

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Practice 3 or 4 deep breaths on your way to the john. That will help. If all else fails, find a stall .... and sit if you have to. No one will ever know.

gymfresh

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I had this worse than anybody I've ever heard of. Growing up, I couldn't even pee in a stall with a locked door, or even at a friend's house with a locked bathroom door. Had to be at home or in a deserted building. Went K-12 without ever peeing at school.

I finally got over it (largely) by noticing some clues about when it was worse than other times. Then I learned an attitudinal trick that got me over the hump. My accomplishment is being able to join the crowds using the urinals when a movie lets out.

Shadontay

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't use urinals anymore. I used to but sometimes it was hard to start the stream because I'd wait too long. Then having two or three different people go next to you on each side, with an increasingly annoyed crowd behind you, is not a good feeling. I still use them if I really have to pee and no stalls are available.

The real reason I use the stalls almost exclusively now is due to OCD. I stay for a long time to make sure all urine is completely drained out, I also use a wad of toilet paper before I shake so as to avoid getting any drops on my hand (can't do that at a urinal). I also shake excessively and people would probably think I was playing with myself. I wasn't always like that, but OCD gets progressively worse with age. Though I make improvements here and there.

Even when there is a single bathroom with a toilet and urinal in a locked room, I still use the toilet, because you can aim it to hit in a toilet so it won't really splatter. It's harder to pull that off at a urinal even when you stand back really far. That could be part of the problem with me at the urinal too. I stand back a little further than most so I won't get hit by any splatter, and I feel like I'm on display more, or people will think I'm trying to illicit glances.

Ironically, I hate using stalls though. It feels so unmanly. I always wonder if guys think I must have a small dick (not that that is something to be looked down upon for anyway) and that's why I'm using the stall. I'm not huge, but I'm certainly not small. I just assume the other men are looking down at me when they hear me pissing in a stall (also wondering why I'm tearing off toilet paper for a pee). It's really embarrassing, but I'm pretty used to it and it seems to be the lesser of two evils for me.

Last edited:

sdbg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Pee shyness is a major pain in the ass. I dealt with it for many years. I've always loved using urinals when I was alone in the mens room, yet had issues getting the flow started if the mens room was crowded or if someone was standing behind me waiting. Then I'd become self-conscious about it and not be able to pee. It's only been the past few years that I can say that I'm mostly over it. If I've been drinking, it's never a problem. I have no hang ups at all about nudity or anyone seeing my dick. I was always jealous of guys who could pee anywhere with no inhibition. It's a mind over matter thing. You can train yourself to overcome it, but it takes some work and a lot of patience with yourself while you work through it. The big test would be a trough urinal at a crowded stadium.

D_Jurgen Klitgaard

Account Disabled
Media
I have pee shyness and I hate it! It used to be that I couldn't go at all when others were around, not even in the stall. Now I can, and surprisingly, I was able to do this after my first kiss with CF. It's like she broke my shyness curse somewhat. :redface:

When I'm all alone, I'll use the urinal. Sometimes I'll get lucky and no one will come in. Sometimes as soon as I whip it out, someone will come in and it'll break my concentration. I don't even feel like it has to do with other guys looking at my dick either. I just can't explain it.