Stage fright at the urinals

D_Holbeck Hammerton

Just Browsing
Media
I usually use a cubicle because I am self conscious about my fairly small flaccid penis. One of the last times I was at the urinal next to a mate I just couldn't start and then had to put it away and walk out embarrassed. That's only happened once and I just prefer privacy really and the chance to mop up the last drops with tissue.

technopeasant

Experimental Member
Media
I used to have this problem. I took so long at the urinals that I would just have to put it away and walk out with a overfull bladder then go back when it was quiet. I started going into a stall when it was busy with all the traffic. Then I would go in when it wasn't so noisy but there were others there. I took deep breaths and did relaxation technique until it happened a few times. Then with success it got better. Now no trouble at all unless I am in one of those states where they have rest stops where there are arm to arm guys where you almost touch. Even then I relax and can overcome the problem. You just have to work on it and relax. There are times like around holidays where rest stops are so busy you have to use a urinal.

D_Penny_Khandi

Experimental Member
Media
Yeah, I can't do it either...partially because of size insecurity, and partially I think it's a fight/flight response thing with me. I can be a little paranoid, and so my body won't let me be in that vulnerable position with my back to whoever may be around.

CcrfsA

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I, too, have this problem though not nearly as bad as when I was in high school. Then, the restroom would have to be completely empty for me to piss. Now, I can piss in a stall no matter who is in the bathroom and can use a urinal if no one is next to me as I start the stream. I am former military and remember having to take a drug/pee test one morning where you are REQUIRED to pull your dick out and pee in complete view of a witness. I remember being anxious that morning but got through it by drinking three cans of soft drink and needing to piss like a race horse. Thankfully, I didn't have a boner while doing it either, though, ordinarily, I would have had.

All said, this problem is a pain in the ass. Even now, I still would not be able to walk up to a trough at a football game, whip it out and whiz right next to someone.

lapdog2001

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
the human brain cannot think two thoughts at a time.
try doing math while at the urinal.
I used to be horribly, horribly pee shy.
now, I don't even consider it, no matter if the guy standing next to me is tense.
it's a blessing to be able to go when I want.

I think the math solution is more a right-brain, left-brain type of thing.

The technical term for this is parauresis and it is classified as a type of social phobia. Doing math in your head (1X1=1, 1X2=2, 1X3=3 etc...) can help. Some have used Emotional Freedom Technique (google EFT) to successfully treat it.

Don't do simple math in your head ... it's too simple! Try 127 / 8, or any other odd number combination and really try to solve it. the next thing you know, you're a pee'n! :tongue:

I read about the math solution many years agon and it has never failed to work for me on those very rare occasions when stage fright randomly hits me.

I get like this some times.. but for the most part i can piss if i focus hard enough!

big_teen

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Lol, I just had to post my experience from a few days ago:
I was sitting on the toilet at school in an empty public men's bathroom and hear the door to the bathroom open. I then hear a guy walk in and go to the urinals. It's silent then all of a sudden he lets out this loud, long moan which didn't sound like a pleasure moan but more like a hurting moan. After that, I hear him spit very loudly. He goes though this rotation for about 5 cycles. After the last time, I hear him peeing, and then he walks out.
I can't make this stuff up. It was very creepy lol.

tgirlsrgreat

LPSG Legend
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
why do guys have to spit in the urinals before they pee?? i see that all the time! part of a routine, like flushing it once? don't know, but i know what you are talking about.

to the op, i had a buddy who got stage fright so bad he would leave the football game at college to go across the street to the exxon to pee.

D_Evita_Zane

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Depends on how many urinals there are. If someone is gonna pee right next to me then I'll close up and leave. If there's a big long line of urinals with plenty of open spaces I don't usually have a problem.

Guill

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I've gotten a little bit better over the last few years so i can go at a urinal with someone next to me as long as there is a divider above eye level. Intellectually i know that they're not looking at me or that them looking at me should play no factor in how my muscles function but that's what happens. After having read this whole thread, I saw the kegels thread and it got me thinking. Exercising the muscle that controls the release might give you more control over it and therefor make it easier to go (also might make it stronger and therefor harder). Question I'm leaving you with: Has anyone experienced a difference in their pee shyness after having done kegels????

D_Jimmy Jammer

Sexy Member
Media
Sure did, especially when I was young. Still do but it's all a matter of space (mind.) If I use a public urinal and it's busy, e.g. a cinema or a concert at half-time, and there are guys right up alongside, I feel really uncomfortable. But if a guy is three spaces away I'm fine and I hang long (often get looks.) Weird. The Philippines was the worst place for me. Public loos are often incredibly crowded. Locals squeeze up and openly lean over and peer at your dick. I was told to expect it. Apparently, they're curious about Euros. :smile:

D

deleted556573

I had this problem, and still do to an extent. Sometimes I have no problem using a urinal; sometimes I do. It really doesn't matter if there's dividers or not, or if it's really busy or desserted. It's annoying because it's so random when I'm pee shy and when I'm not.

One of the things that helped me get over it was taking a job where I did a lot of flying. Often times, when deboarding a plane, the first thing I do once in the airport is scavenge for a bathroom because I usually have a FULL bladder.

Middle_Eastern

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I had this problem all my life. I could never use public toilets for "number 2" and I could not use the urinals to pee if someone else was there. The only way to overcome this problem was to keep trying to use the urinals even if I ended up not peeing until I became comfortable with it.

It definitely had nothing to do with size or nudity... as I am a nudist myself. I think it had to do with privacy in doing such thing.

eurotop40

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I had this problem all my life. I could never use public toilets for "number 2" and I could not use the urinals to pee if someone else was there. The only way to overcome this problem was to keep trying to use the urinals even if I ended up not peeing until I became comfortable with it.

It definitely had nothing to do with size or nudity... as I am a nudist myself. I think it had to do with privacy in doing such thing.

Oh, where do you practice nudism if I may ask?