Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
My issue is that I sorta, generally, accidentally get hard and I become concerned that people will see that and judge me based on that. (Not completely hard, because then I'd pee in my eye because of my angle).

Snozzle

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I overcame my stage fright with the help of a close buddy during a camping trip. First i had him stand 15 feet away facing away from me and i stood there till i could pee. Next time i had him stand 10 feet away facing away and i stayed till i could pee. Then 5 feet away facing away. Then 5 feet away facing same direction as me..til i could piss. Then 3 feet away til i could piss. Then right beside me. Finally we ended up crossing piss streams. This took place over about 2 days on a camping trip with him. Now i rarely have stage fright. This just happened last summer. I only wish i had had this experience decades ago.
That's great. I believe they use a similar method to overcome people's fears of spiders and such. How lucky to have such a cooperative friend.

ItalianT

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
for me it's not nervousness or shyness. Sometimes I go to the urinal with an urge to pee, whip it out, and then the stream won't start- like i've waited too long. That's bad news if it's a crowded sporting event and there's ten bears behind you all hopping on one leg... I think I don't pee well under pressure... and then what must the guy next to me think with me just standing there dick in urinal but no piss...

Dude same thing happens to me it sucks bro

crossy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
There has never been a gentlemen with a real 8x6 having this problem at a urinal. Why is that?

Amplexus

Sexy Member
Media
There has never been a gentlemen with a real 8x6 having this problem at a urinal. Why is that?

Well then...i am the rare exception. I am 8.5 X 6.25 in girth. And as you can see in my pics...i have a healthy flaccid.

Did you read my post above on how i was cured?

D_Harry_Bunz

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Your posts are all great-the maths tip does work but i find i then have to really concentrate on doing the maths. However, it is all definately all in the mind as I was in a pub with some friends the other day ( i was driving so not drinking) I went to the toilet and there was a guy at the urinal so I thought "I am gonna do this". So I whipped him out and stood for a couple of seconds. All of a sudden this guy starts prattling on to me about who knows what. I thought to my self-on the one time I decide to use a urinal, this happens. Then I thought Ok if I start chatting back he might be freaked out and stop talking-nope. But hey whats this? I started peeing. I couldn't believe it. Anyway just a quick update on how I am trying to beat this damn thing. Thanks again for all the posts and helping me realise I am pretty normal.

cgttown

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I've had some of the same issues as the OP. I remember one time in particular, probably because it was my bachelor party. Some friends and I had been out drinking and I had to pee, so I headed to the men's room. The urinals were close together, or maybe it was one of those trough urinals, I don't remember which, but I know it was a small bathroom and fairly close quarters. Anyway, just as I get ready to go another guy comes in and stands next to me, whips his out, and stands there waiting. I'm sort of nervous, even though I have a full bladder. So I wait....beat....beat...and he's stands there, dick in hand waiting too...beat...beat. He clears his throat and says, "Hell, isn't that how it always is? Pee too slow and cum too fast!" I laughed out loud, said that was exactly how it is, and the next thing I knew I was going. He started going, too. His comment definitely calmed me down, and I thought he put it in perspective. :)

AH88

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I've got a bad case of this. I'm a big grower which probably has something to do with it. Hopefully I'll get over it one day as it seriously sucks when you're out drinking, desperate to go and you know without a doubt that the toilets are full of guys. I think getting over it is a case of not caring and thinking about it, but sadly it's never been that simple.

Good to know you're not alone with this though!

Last edited:

mako shark

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I never have but often when myself and another guy walk up to the urinal the other person just stands there and can't urinate...kind of feel bad for them but I piss, stretch him a bit and shove him back into my pants :)

D_Coupeland Clydesdale

Experimental Member
Media
I never had a problem with this until my neurotic brain read something about it in 9th fucking grade, and bam!!...now I've got this problem. It's become better over the years...sound helps, a bit of water...flushing...some privacy....but I actually have dreams where I'm trying to find a "safe" urinal to piss in...and I'm fucking 58 years old.

pierceplace

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I never had a problem with this until my neurotic brain read something about it in 9th fucking grade, and bam!!...now I've got this problem. It's become better over the years...sound helps, a bit of water...flushing...some privacy....but I actually have dreams where I'm trying to find a "safe" urinal to piss in...and I'm fucking 58 years old.

lol same here

Denverbearmark

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I get piss shy every so often. Hate when it happens, but it does, so I try to fret about it too much as then it just gets worse. Happened just the other day at the local leather bar. I had ball weights on, which makes it hard to go for me for some reason, but I really had to after a couple of beers. So I walk in the rest room, private urinals being used--but normally I like to use the double sided trough to show off balls, weights, piss and to see other equipment and piss too. But then there are three guys hanging out leaning on the wall.

I don't mind if guys are playing the rest room, I mean it is a gay bar, so what the hell. But these three guys--young twinkish non-leather guys just hanging there chatting like it is the front of the bar. Got me all goofed up in the head and I could not piss. Finally decided it was not going to happen there, not matter how much I needed too. So went back out for a few minutes. Guys did not leave, so I finally had to use the more private restroom, which in another bar would be the women's room, but in this bar is more of the private room.

Still don't know why the guys were just hanging out. I like watersports; I like to play in public, but come on either being playing or using the restroom not chatting in it!

chancebrowning

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I had that problem the other night after the movies, you know after you've set there for two hours with a full bladder, and everyone rushes to the bathroom. Once it was my turn, I couldn't go... I don't know why I do that. I tried counting the tiles on the wall, concentrating on flushing water, etc etc. Finally after the majority of guys had left, I went. It frustrates me!!

mandoman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
do math in your head.
the brain can only think one thought at a time.
works every time.

B_circin867

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
My first time I was pee shy happened when I was 7 years old. I went into a men's room with a bursting bladder. I started to pee when a man came in and stood at the urinal next to me. He kept looking at my penis. My pissing stopped. I ran out of the men's room. Then I had two hours shopping with my mother. When I got home my bladder was so full that it took 15 minutes in the bathroom to start to go.

Later in high school, after band practice, I and a friend went into the crowded boy's room. My friend stood next to next to me. I needed to pee badly. I hadn't gone since lunch about 5 hours ago. He looked over at me. I looked at him. We were well endowed and circumcised. He couldn't pee and I couldn't. We went home with our bladders bursting. After that I could never piss in a public bathroom. My paruresis has nothing to do with my penis but anxiety that I might not be able to go. www.paruresis.org is very helpful.

D

deleted645791

I get this really bad sometimes, if I'm stressed, I just won't be able to go if there is someone next to me at a urinal. Or if there is a line, my bladder tenses up too (like at a game), I guess from the 'performance anxiety". If I even think there is a chance this might happen, I use the stall. Nothing worse than standing around with your dick in your hand next to another dude, while there is awkward silence from the fact that I'm just standing there, not pissing.

If I'm not stressed, I'll practice just letting my mind wander while I piss at the urinal with others around, and that usually gets me flowing. Over the years, my pee shyness has gone down with practice, but if I'm stressed, or if it's one of those trough deals, forget about it! I'm using the stall. I wish I could just whip it out and let it all hang out while I relieve myself, like the other guys, but my shy bladder won't have it!

That is, of course, unless I'm drinking beer, then I can whip it out and piss on anything in front of anyone! That's usually when I'll take my time letting it drain, since I have to piss like forever then, and I won't care if people come and go, or if someone's blatantly checking out my dick, that still won't make me pee shy. I always feel like beer is a good temporary cure for stage fright at the urinals.

But I rarely ever drink, so the rest of the time, I have to deal with a shy bladder, and it sucks!

RideRocket

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I normally don't have a problem with peeing in front of others, but about a month ago I had to do a mandatory urinalysis and right before we went in to pee, a co-worker made a comment about 'stagefright'. Sure enough, I stood there for about 5 minutes at the urinal unable to pee. Even better, I busted ass a few times as I was trying to squeeze out the pee and break the seal. The observer just had this smirk on his face when I finally filled up the bottle. Nice.

sdbg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Stage fright used to be a big problem for me. Last night I went shopping at Costco on my way home from work. I thought that I could wait until I got home for a piss break, but as I was about to check out, I saw the mens room just past the cashier and decided not to wait. I put my stuff down on an end display and headed for the bathroom. A guy walked in about 10 steps ahead of me, so I knew I wouldn't be alone. There were 2 floor length urinals and the other guy was peeing at urinal # 1. I walked up to # 2, unzipped, and took out my dick. I started pissing almost right away. Damn, it felt good. Not just the biological need to pee, but psychologically it felt good to know that for the past few years, I've been able to pee anywhere, any time without hesitation.

Guys: keep in mind that the stage fright issue can be overcome. It's not set in stone that you'll have to deal with this forever. The method that worked for me was to look straight ahead and tune out everything else until the flow started. Each success builds your self-confidence, and you get to the point where it becomes automatic to start the flow as soon as you unzip and aim. PM me if you want any more details.