Staggering Hypocrisy

SilverTrain

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
as I said, the light is just beginning to shine for some of you

from the posts I've seen, there's precious little intelligence or conceptualization on the left, so I would not expect a wellspring surge of epiphanies

but it looks like some of you are on the way ...
:beerchug2:

All your posts are laughable in their ironically vacuous pretension.

But your efforts in this thread are especially ridiculous.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Both parties are full of shit. Its just that the Democrats, on this issue anyway, are a little less full of shit.

We have a winner!!!
Pay attention NickySixxy... even with your constant use of a thesaurus to turn your everyday words into literary sophistication, the fact that this elementary-level introspection fails to adhere to your encephalon demonstrates why you work so diligently to look like a Rhodes scholar...

When everyone knows you don't have a fuckin' clue. :rolleyes:

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
. . . from the posts I've seen, there's precious little intelligence or conceptualization on the left, so I would not expect a wellspring surge of epiphanies . . .

Really. Did you pull out your thesaurus for that 'wellspring surge' ?

Dammit VB, you stole my joke again while I was typing. You're too fast. It's not fair.

Last edited:

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Well perhaps you'd hold up as an example of "how things should be" the election of the half wit son of a previous president who didn't know his ass from a hole in the wall (the former or the latter). Given this and other such events of it's kind nationwide I'd say Louisiana is in fuckin' good company, pal.
Yeah, it is...that was the entire point of my paraphrasing Einstein, genius. You've seen the results of this behavior for decades, in both your own state and on the national stage...and in full knowledge of those results, you did the very same goddamned thing again. In case you somehow missed my many polemics against Hillary becoming the Dem nominee for POTUS, it was for the very same reason.

The only message you've sent is that you're complete fucking morons incapable of learning from past mistakes. Good job.

D_Harry_Crax

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
'Herding cats' never rang so true as it does now with the Democrats.[/COLOR]

Well, the most common usage of trying to herd cats in the USA is in reference to trying to manage college professors and, for better or worse, the only college professor I know of in the government is the president (who I still support even though I'm mostly disappointed by him).

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Yeah, it is...that was the entire point of my paraphrasing Einstein, genius. You've seen the results of this behavior for decades, in both your own state and on the national stage...and in full knowledge of those results, you did the very same goddamned thing again. In case you somehow missed my many polemics against Hillary becoming the Dem nominee for POTUS, it was for the very same reason.

The only message you've sent is that you're complete fucking morons incapable of learning from past mistakes. Good job.

Seems like YOU'RE the fucking moron, otherwise you might have picked up on the significance of the election as noted in the article rather than presuming it to be politics as usual or a step backwards because our mayor elect is the son of a former mayor, brother of a senator.

Further, had you done your homework, "Einstein", you'd know that we've already gone the route of rejecting politics as usual, eight years ago - choosing a so-called outsider, a businessman, instead of a professional politician. And we have little or nothing to show for it.

So FUCKIN'A, we chose someone who knows politics, who may possibly have connections in Washington. Republicans don't mind taking advantage of their connections, don't mind being in close ties with big business and other entities that further their agenda. Hell, they even fuckin' changed the law to better enable it.

It's supposed to be a bad thing that we elected someone who, because of who he is or who he may know, may better have the means by which he can help this city facilitate its recovery, who may have the means and the know how to address its many problems?? That’s a bad thing??

As I said, fuck you... and the sow you rode in on...asshole.

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
Well, the most common usage of trying to herd cats in the USA is in reference to trying to manage college professors and, for better or worse, the only college professor I know of in the government is the president (who I still support even though I'm mostly disappointed by him).
Actually, it is a much older adage than that, though it has been used freely and often to describe many situations that involve getting people to work together on a common goal. The reference in my mind was when Democratic Speaker of the House Tip O'Neill famously used it to describe Congress during the Reagan administration. I guess I could have spelled that out. BTW, he was a master cat wrangler. We could use folks like him today.

D

deleted15807

You're right on that first bit (not the idiot part) I should have said that too. Right on the second bit too.What if we call their bluff and make em filibuster? Provided it's an old timey filibuster, where they actually have to have a majority in the chamber (not talk to an empty room and C-Span). Thoughts?

Yes indeed call their bluff by all means. :smile:

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media
Read it and Weep
The bottom line, then, is that the crusade against health reform has relied, crucially, on utter hypocrisy: Republicans who hate Medicare, tried to slash Medicare in the past, and still aim to dismantle the program over time, have been scoring political points by denouncing proposals for modest cost savings — savings that are substantially smaller than the spending cuts buried in their own proposals.

Op-Ed Columnist - Republicans and Medicare - NYTimes.com
And why the invertebrate democrats can't slam this fact home is astonishing.

Krugman ignores one major point:

Math is hard, but I do believe that’s more than the roughly $400 billion (not $500 billion) in Medicare savings projected for the Democratic health bills.
Krugman, NYTimes Oped

$400 or $500 Billion in Medicare savings projected in the Democratic Health Bills?

NOPE. Obama said he wanted to cut $500 Billion in pure waste and fraud from Medicare and nothing would change for the elderly on Medicare.

CHALLENGE to the OBAMA Administration - Cut $400 or $500 Billion of WASTE and FRAUD from Medicare with no change in services for the elderly. Put the Billions in the bank and wait 8 months for all to determine that only waste and fraud was cut and no services, quality of service or benefits for the elderly were cut or suffered.

Obama doesn't need to pass anything to Cut WASTE and FRAUD from Medicare. JUST DO IT. Then maybe Obama would have something to stand on.

I have little to add because Krugman said it best:

February 10, 2010
Clueless

I’m with Simon Johnson here: how is it possible, at this late date, for Obama to be this clueless?

/We’re doomed.
Krugman, NYTimes Oped

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
as I said, the light is just beginning to shine for some of you

from the posts I've seen, there's precious little intelligence or conceptualization on the left, so I would not expect a wellspring surge of epiphanies

but it looks like some of you are on the way ...
:beerchug2:

Swing & a miss NickySixxy...
Even if HG is criticizing democrats, much to your wanking delight, he still thinks you're an idiot. As do I. And many others. The light he sees is NOT the one you see. The sooner you realize this, the quicker you'll STFU and go back into the closet you crawled out of.

Pun very much intended. :rolleyes:

All your posts are laughable in their ironically vacuous pretension.

But your efforts in this thread are especially ridiculous.

We have a winner!!!
Pay attention NickySixxy... even with your constant use of a thesaurus to turn your everyday words into literary sophistication, the fact that this elementary-level introspection fails to adhere to your encephalon demonstrates why you work so diligently to look like a Rhodes scholar...

When everyone knows you don't have a fuckin' clue. :rolleyes:

I resemble that remark :wink:

:yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes: