Stalker Anyone?

MsLulu

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
This Eagle guy has written me numerous private messages (I just delete them now, without opening them.) Just curious if all the other ladies are having as much fun as me and if there is anything the mods can do about it: i.e. what constitutes a ban on this here board? Just so I can gather the evidence.

Lulu

OldLady

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
MsLulu said:
This Eagle guy has written me numerous private messages (I just delete them now, without opening them.) Just curious if all the other ladies are having as much fun as me and if there is anything the mods can do about it: i.e. what constitutes a ban on this here board? Just so I can gather the evidence.

Lulu

Hi there. This guy also PM'd me as well some days ago: had no idea who the heck he was and he wrote me out of the blue with odd comments. I just used the "ignore." As my own personal policy, I usually never respond to a PM from someone I don't know and don't remember talking to online, or in a board.

For future reference though I am very curious about how members could file complaints if other members becoming harassing or similar and what actions can be taken at that point to curtail further behavior.

MsLulu

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
ohhh! Ignore.... I need to find that feature, thanks. That should do the trick.

ClaireTalon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
MsLulu said:

Lulu

I got a "nice" note from him too:

hey this may be VERY difficult for you to believe but their is much more to life then sex.and whats with that pic on your profile.the person with you looks like a guy in drag.yuck

But since then, nothing. Maybe because I told him to go piss up a rope.

OldLady

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
To ignore, click on the "profile" information for him. You'll see it on the bottom blue bar of the first "profile" user information box, the same bar as where you might see the options "download vcard" on the left, then later "add to buddy list" in the center, and on the right *tada!* "add to ignore list" or something. Click on that and confirm when it asks you if you're sure you want to ignore him.

My wording is paraphrased, but you'll get the point.

OldLady

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
ClaireTalon said:
I got a "nice" note from him too:

hey this may be VERY difficult for you to believe but their is much more to life then sex.and whats with that pic on your profile.the person with you looks like a guy in drag.yuck

But since then, nothing. Maybe because I told him to go piss up a rope.

Sorry honey: what a slimebag response you got. I can't even remember what he sent me, but he struck me as having some screws loose and I just put him on ignore ASAP.

Fuck him. No wait, that's what he may want. Don't fuck him, just ignore him and pity him big time. Trolls and flamers who have no life and don't have social skills taking it out on strangers on the internet he thinks can't ever touch him.

Karma has a way of eventually biting back trolls and flamers and not in a good way.

MsLulu

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Claire, he asked me if I was a guy "pretending to be a girl," or some such. I imagine that was his most popular pickup line?

OldLady

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
MsLulu said:
P.S.THank you OldLady! you rock

LOL! The last time anyone said to me "you rock" was my teenage nephew who thinks I'm funny. :)

As it is, there are a lot of trolls on this community unfortunately. I consider it an unfortunate aspect of being a public forum. If we know it's not unusual, it's easier to deal with it when they come to attempt to create discord. There's good folks and info. around even if some people have no ability to appreciate it.

Cheers to you MsLulu and Claire. Don't let the trolls get you down.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hey, Rob seems to be pretty good at troll stomping. I'd forward any future emails to him and let him decide. Or you could post a message to him in the help desk section. I actually can't remember if I got any from him, I regularly delete unread any pms I get from members I don't know or like.

Rob_E

Cherished Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The ignore user function works great for stalkers. If this guy is a troll, i.e. his only purpose is to harass, then I'll ban him from ever seeing the forum again.

Rob

OldLady

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Rob_E said:
The ignore user function works great for stalkers. If this guy is a troll, i.e. his only purpose is to harass, then I'll ban him from ever seeing the forum again.

Rob

Thanks you for handling this and also Zora and the other poster who suggested forwarding to you. (Am editing this because I forget to mention I just forwarded the PM to you directly, but also mentioning this on the board here.) This poster is already on my "ignore" subsequent to the one PM I noticed from him; I don't consider it significantly troublesome, but it may be important as part of an overall pattern of harassment to other posters. Thus far it seems he's been targeting at least some female posters, but it wouldn't surprise me if he may venture into harassing male posters as well.

Thank you for following up on this and also congratulations on all the hard transition work you've been doing. It's been pretty smooth all things considered!

Best,
OldLady "OL"

MsLulu

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I agree with oldlady. I have no issue taking care of him myself and am not over-sensitive about this sort of thing in any form or fashion, I was just curious as to how many other women he's bugged and if things DID get out of hand (more just harassment and snide/troll-like remarks) I'd know what to do.

Rob_E

Cherished Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
madame_zora said:
Nice pic Rob, very contemplative.

Thanks! It is, of course, not me. I just added a ton of new avatars to the site so that those who can't make their own, can at least pick one that they like. I'm a Larry David fan, so I chose him... for the moment.

Rob

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
Rob's avatar looks like the guy's saying, "That's funny, it sure looked like a twelve incher after I snorted that coke last night."

KinkGuy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Just so you know, it isn't just the ladies who have fans.......................who should be killed........slowly..........painfully...............and in front of an audience made up of LPSG'rs.