Stalking- WTF!!!!!!!

OmahaBeef

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
1) Well I hate to sound rather cliche' and all, but be thankful that this is simply an online phenomenon at the moment rather than in real life. If that be the case, you just gotta duck and cover for a while until this clown loses some steam. In the situation of being stalked, your patience never seems to endure as much as their persistence. Chill. The only remedy then, is be more determined to avoid them than they are determined to harass you.

2) I have crossed a nutty bitch a time or two in my day, so with that being said, I sympathize with your plight. Understand a few things about THE psychology of the stalker: A) The online persona, often, grants the stalker a higher level of confidence than they would have in real life. Once logged off, their "power bubble" pops. B) These people have some serious dysfunction and/or lack of personal, real-life achievement altogether. That being said, unless things escalate, be happy that you've probably seen the worst they have to offer already.

In the end, understanding the above, do your very best to screen or weed out all of the nuts and bolts you talk to online. As with any other trial or tribulation, learn from this. God luck.

...OB

Hippie Hollow Girl

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Just be careful when on the Internet..... you never know who is a stalker and who isn't. Don't give out any personal info until you "know" for sure someone appears to be stable. You don't know who could be a serial murderer and that would be worse.

I know it is scary to have someone bugging you....trying to talk to you. I think it most cases it is probably harmless. There has been a lot of good advice given. Blocking and ignoring is a good way to go.

When I have guys randomly IM me I always ask them how they found me. Are they from LPSG? Yahoo? I know when I joined some adult groups on yahoo I got IM's out the wazoo. But you can choose who you chat with. On my Instant Messinger I stay invisible all the time. It is the best way to go. If not, I can't get anything done because I get so many IM's. My best advice is to keep the conversation general...... don't give out personal information unless you feel comfortable...... and you may need to wait a little bit longer if it is someone that randomly IM's you. If it is someone from LPSG that is harrassing you that would probably be simple.
But as someone said emails and IM are traceable.

Hope this helps and good luck

TheRob

Legendary Member
Media
You can't be serious. Did you even read my post?!?!?! I'm the only one that has offered advice on both questions!!! Instead of fixating on what could have been a typo for all we know, I ignored it and gave help!!! I'm well aware nearly 50% of stalking cases involve women as the stalker. She's obviously wrong for singling out men, assuming it was done purposefully. So the hell what?!?! No reason to mention it because that doesn't change her situation and the reason she needs help.

Her question is NOT one that only a stalker or a criminal psychologist could answer. It can easily be answered by...A FORMER VICTIM!!! How didn't that occur to you before??? This forum has thousands of members. It's not unthinkable there are more than a few victims of stalking here. Which, once again, brings into question rob_only_rob's reasons for posting such an unnecessary post.

Lastly, the women's issue folder IS the place to put this because women are still the targets of stalkers more often than men. Moreover, cases involving women as the victim often end much worse than when they're the stalker. Why are you even questioning which folder this was placed in??? All of the responses have been from males!!!!!!! Which proves, clearly, it doesn't matter where this is put. Men will still respond.

But you are correct. This thread has become more about you and me arguing then Sativa's original post. I'll be the bigger man and make this my last response in hopes the thread can get back on track. It's an important question that shouldn't be overlooked simply because the girl was incorrect in specifying "men" in her second question. She was wrong. Several other posts have been made to that effect. No need to keep commenting on it. Help her!!!!

your obviously a little bit slow so I'll make it real simple
how does a victim know the tormenters motives?
simple answer, they don't!
it is a question only a stalker or psychologist can answer

TheRob

Legendary Member
Media
Yes I was upset. Yes I was ranting. I by no means meant to offend anyone for specifying "men" in my post. In a way I was thinking out loud... wondering what I have done to cause the problem. I have done all mentioned advise, but in the end he will contact me from another account by a different name. My real concern is that there is some escalation in his obsession and I was hoping to get advise maybe from people who have had a similar experience. Those of you that have offered advise, thank you.

have you tried talking to him and telling him he is scaring you?