Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
No, it's not in South Park, Colorado, but in Adelaide, Australia:

Gay dogs not welcome, diner told | Adelaide Now

A RESTAURANT that refused a blind man entry because it thought his guide dog was "gay" has been ordered by the Equal Opportunity Tribunal to pay him $1500.

Woodville North man Ian Jolly, 57, was barred from dining at Grange restaurant Thai Spice in May last year after a staff member mistook his guide dog Nudge for a "gay dog", the tribunal heard this week.

A statement given by restaurant owners Hong Hoa Thi To and Anh Hoang Le said one of the waiters had understood Mr Jolly's partner Chris Lawrence "to be saying she wanted to bring a gay dog into the restaurant".

Note that it is possible for the phrase "guide dog" as pronounced in a refined sort of Australian accent to sound very like the phrase "gay dog" as pronounced in a broad Australian accent only by the duration of the [d] in the middle--in IPA notation, [gaɪd dɒg] vs. [gaɪ dɒg].

dude_007

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I remember when I was a kid, we had four female dobermans. The older female would occasionally mount the other females and start pumping.

True story.

Perhaps she was a Native American two-spirit dog

Endued

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I remember a visit to Australia that I and other members of my family made when I was a child during which electrical power was sometimes unavailable. When we made inquiry, we were told, as it seemed to us, that it was due to a "pear strike." We eventually figured out that what we heard as "pear" was "power."

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I Love that episode of South Park, Big Gay Al Rulezz

I was going to use as a thread title Cartman's line "That dog is a gay homosexual!", which I think is my favorite line of the episode, but I thought fewer people would recognize it.

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
No, it's not in South Park, Colorado, but in Adelaide, Australia:

Gay dogs not welcome, diner told | Adelaide Now

Note that it is possible for the phrase "guide dog" as pronounced in a refined sort of Australian accent to sound very like the phrase "gay dog" as pronounced in a broad Australian accent only by the duration of the [d] in the middle--in IPA notation, [gaɪd dɒg] vs. [gaɪ dɒg].

It sounds to me as though the 'we thought it was a gay dog, not a guide dog' is just an excuse. It's usually pretty obvious when guide dogs are working, plus the article says that the couple gave the restaurant staff a guide dogs facts card. I doubt there was any misunderstanding at that point.

I'm Australian, and I thought he was saying 'Asians'!

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It sounds to me as though the 'we thought it was a gay dog, not a guide dog' is just an excuse. It's usually pretty obvious when guide dogs are working, plus the article says that the couple gave the restaurant staff a guide dogs facts card. I doubt there was any misunderstanding at that point.

The restauranteurs were named Hong Hoa Thi To and Anh Hoang Le: I doubt that their ear for English is going to be the best. Also, why would anyone offer that as an excuse for refusing service to a blind person?

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
The restauranteurs were named Hong Hoa Thi To and Anh Hoang Le: I doubt that their ear for English is going to be the best. Also, why would anyone offer that as an excuse for refusing service to a blind person?

It's not that I don't think someone could get the words mixed up. I think getting the two mixed up could be quite easy. But when a guide dog is right in front of them (which it must have been if the couple gave them a facts card), it's really very obvious that it's a guide dog. Plus they got that fact card.

I think they just didn't want to let the dog in their restaurant (guide dog or not) and came up with a 'we don't understand English' excuse to try to cover their ass.

cumalot

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I live in Adelaide I need to go to this place and bring a dog and see if I can get cash in court! LMAO!!!