Standing Water in US-Toilets

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by europenudist, Jun 14, 2008.

1. europenudist

europenudist New Member

Albums:
    Hey there,

i just came back from a 3 week trip to the US (wich has been awesome!) and was eager to ask this to you guys:
    Have you ever been annoyed by the standing water in you toilets?

In case you didn't know, in most parts of Europe, toilets work a little different. The poo lands on some sort of slide and gets washed away when you flush - the downtake is that it leaves more shitstains :biggrin1:.
    Wether that is a better solution remains to be seen :tongue: but i was totally annoyed of the fact that the top of my dick was dipping in the same water my turd was swimming in. Depending on room temperature, i always had to hold up my dick while sitting on the throne.
    Have you guys from the US made the same experience? Where the toilets just overfull or somehow broke? How do other hung guys deal with it?
    I know, its a crazy question, but its something i was wondering about for a long time.

Greets
    Europe

2. D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah

D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah Account Disabled

My dad visited the US recently and was joking about the exact same thing.

3. europenudist

europenudist New Member

Albums:
    Well at least i don't seem to be the only one...
    btw.. u and your dad talk alot about his hungness? :biggrin1::biggrin1: jk

4. D_Ollyvalle Treegirth

D_Ollyvalle Treegirth Account Disabled

Just chalk it up to one of those cultural differences. I think most Americans would be slightly less comfortable with the flush system you describe (and which I recall from trips abroad). Ive never had the dipping problem you describe, but I'm only 7" (and that's erect, which I rarely am in that situation....in any case, it'd be angled safely away anyway!)

5. D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah

D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah Account Disabled

Oh shit no It was just a funny comment he made. Trust me i tried to ignore it and not think about it

6. europenudist

europenudist New Member

Albums:
    Yea, i guess its just one of those things. Also, i have friends from the US who come over here on a regular basis for business and they have told me the same thing, something like "Damn, i don't wanna look at my shit! I want it to dive away!". Lol. I wonder what the guys who invented the two systems would have to say to defend their invention as the better system. :D

7. Rommette

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    each culture is different

look at japan.....we think its weird but its nothing out of the ordinary to them. I'd hate to be constipated!

Japan Toilet Report 2 | Photo

8. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

LMFAO! I want to try that now! ... not.

9. D_Harry_Krautch

D_Harry_Krautch New Member

I also just came back from a visit to the US too and noticed the same thing!

I must say that I prefer the European toilets!

10. arthurdent

Gold Member

Albums:
    I went to Germany a few years ago and remember the hotel toilets having a shelf within the bowl, for the shit to land on, and the standing water just being in a small part of the bowl at the front. The turd would be sitting only a few inches below your cheeks, so when reaching around to wipe, I was worried I'd touch the poo with the back of my hand. After a few wipes, the pile of used toilet paper would be gettiing ever closer to your arse! When you flushed, the torrent of water would force the turd and paper forwards, until it cascaded over the precipice, down into the standing water and away, but sometimes leaving a skid mark on the shelf. Is this shelf so that you can actually examine your poo, if you need to? UK toilets don't have this shelf.

There's another thread on here about hung guys getting their cocks wet in American toilet bowls. The standing water in my toilet (in UK) is at least 8" below the rim. I haven't been to America, but I watched "The Big Lebowski" recently and Jeff Bridges gets his head shoved down a toilet near the beginning and I noticed that the standing water seemed to be only about 3" below the rim!

11. Jonathan2/11

Jonathan2/11 New Member

Maybe it is one of those culture difference things, we just get used to things we use in our everyday life I never had that problem maybe us Americans sit on the toilet differently idk just throwing out ideas

12. TurkeyWithaSunburn

Gold Member

Albums:
    That's a "squat" toilet. ya don't sit you just squat and do your biz, your body I don't think should touch any part of it. The squatting helps with bowel elimination.

Japanese are wierd about toilets and personal hygiene. Just take a look here CleanIsHappy.com $3,000US for a kind of super bidet. The Toto Washlet

13. Guy-jin

Gold Member

Albums:
    That's an old fashioned Japanese toilet.

Modern ones are more like:

http://www.teaching-in-japan.com/images/japan-toilet2.jpg

Heated seat. Bidet/cleaning functions. Auto-cleaning. And the water flows up through a faucet on the top a lot of the time to allow you to wash your hands when you flush, thereby wasting less water.

I'm so importing a couple of these bad boys when I own my own place. ;)

14. kalipygian

Gold Member

Albums:
    The water level in the bowl is determined by the S siphon, it is cast in ceramic, there is no way to change it without changing the whole toilet.

15. TurkeyWithaSunburn

Gold Member

Albums:
    That pic looks like a toto washlet. Why import them just go to cleanishappy.com and find a dealer, they sell them here in the USA. (if that's where you are) I'm seriously tempted to find a dealer that has one available "for use" at their showroom. Kind of a try before you buy.

I've seen prices anywhere from $400-$1300 US

16. Guy-jin

Gold Member

Albums:
    Yeah, I'd imagine they're available here. Whatever the case, I would definitely get one of those toilets installed. :)

17. D_Portelay Porquesword

That updated Japanese toilet looks rather Star Trekish. Cool though.

18. Jovial

Gold Member

Albums:
    I don't have experience with European toilets, but I don't like the trend in toilets that use less water. The toilets I used growing up in my parents' house have a big bowl of water enough to cover all of the shit so it doesn't smell. Newer toilets seem to have less water in the bowl and if I shit a lot it isn't covered by the water. Isn't the point of the water in the bowl supposed to be to prevent the shit from being exposed to the open air thus preventing the bathroom from smelling too much like shit?

19. chip59

chip59 Member

My partner is German and his mother told me that the shelf thingy is a post-war development intended to make taking a stool sample to the doctor easier. If this is true, I guess the devaststion caused by the war created some serious health issues for the general population. If it's not true then I have no idea why toilet manufacturers want you to poop on a shelf. In Europe, you will notice that there is usually a toilet brush handy. It only took being bitched at / embarassed once to learn to use it every time.
    A few pros and cons:

On American toilets I have gotten that horrible poo-water splash right up my hole as the turd submarines down. Shudder!

On Euro toilets, if I don't hold 'em up, the high pressure water coming down the ski-jump shelf will almost always give me a cold, icky ball wash.

Being raised on American toilets, and aside from just being more familiar, I prefer them for two reasons:
    I don't want to brush the toilet out every time.
    Knowing that there is a steaming hot stinking pile of poo just sitting there in all it's reeking glory seems somehow indecent.

It was while sitting on a German toilet that I had the epiphany that
    Americans really are, in general, far more repressed than Europeans.

I guess it all boils down to do you prefer a splash or a plop?

washed

20. SteveHd

Gold Member

Yeah that bothers me also. I don't really mind it if splash water hits my asshole -- which will be wiped anyway -- but I do mind if it hits my buttocks or sack. :eek:

Draft saved Draft deleted