Star tattoos and pinky rings

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by ThickAZGuy, Feb 4, 2007.

1. ThickAZGuy

Verified Gold Member

Verified:
    Photo
    I know this will probably get a lot of flack, but just wondering...

I've seen a lot of guys with tattoos of stars on their chests and abs (like the pic), and many of them are gay.

Also noticed lots of gay guys wear rings on specific fingers, thumb and pinky primarily.

Is there some special external expression that a lot of gays use to let others know they are gay?

Or am I just being overly observant and stupid about this?

Attached Files:

2. IntoxicatingToxin

Gold Member

Well, I don't think you are being overly observant... I dunno what the deal is with the star tattoos, but I've noticed it myself. As far as rings are concerned, the three most popular fingers for rings are thumb, pinky, and ring finger. I can imagine most gay men don't wear rings on their ring fingers for fear of people thinking they are married (I guess this would only apply to their left hand, but still...)

3. MCBFly

MCBFly Member

Albums:
    You're misinterpreting a certain sense of style as "gay clues." Rings, tattoos, are just a matter of expressing your style, not an expression of being gay or straight. Yes, there are certain tattoos and certain pieces of jewelry that scream "I'm gay" but star tattoos and rings on different fingers just aren't it.

By the way, nice cock.

4. danerain

Gold Member

Albums:

Yeah, if a guy has "put penis here" tattooed on his lower back with an arrow pointing down, he is most likely gay.

5. YourAvgGuy

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    As mentioned by several others, I think that tattoos and pinky rings are just expressions for people and do not constitute sexuality or orientation. I do not have any tats, but I do wear a lot of bling (3 rings - wedding band, the other on my right hand, ring finger and a pinky) - all three have diamonds - 2 karats or more except the pinky, which is a 1 karat solitare.

I just like jewerly and diamonds. Nothing more. :)

6. D_N Flay Table

D_N Flay Table New Member

7. Wrey

Wrey New Member

Thanks DJG. I had also noticed the star tattoo as of late and did not know its meaning.

BTW, among my set of friends (gay) the index finger is prefered for rings. Don't know why.

8. hungboytoy

hungboytoy New Member

I thought most gays wore thumb rings??

9. Wrey

Wrey New Member

Nope, index.:cool:

10. D_Martin van Burden

D_Martin van Burden Account Disabled

And bisexuals -- or dudes with pathetically skinny fingers -- wear thumb rings. P'shaw.

11. ThickAZGuy

Verified Gold Member

Verified:
    Photo
    Thanks all - especially DJG! - Never heard of the nautical star - interesting. Heck - Maybe I should get one to help me find ' my way'!

My sole tattoo - the chinese symbol for love could use some company!

12. fratpack

Gold Member

Albums:
    Having a tattoo around your navel is sexy and hot to some. As for rings, I wear a wedding band from my bf on my right ring finger and when I feel like adding something more I put on a thumb ring...I like it because not many guys I know wear a thumb ring and I just like the look. Stereotype always puts pinky rings on Mafioso and index fingers are for gays from a previous generation. Just my observation.

13. yngjock20

Gold Member

Albums:
    I think the reason you're seeing it so much as of late is because of the heavy "scene" movement. Also known as "emo." Because the scene is all heavily emotional (hence the name) there's alot of guys who go both ways or are just gay, who feel that they fit in best in that kind of style...not unlike myself. Also, the nautical star is just cool...what's wrong with it being cool?

Draft saved Draft deleted