Star Trek Enterprise bulge

HotBulge

Worshipped Member
Media
Lowells talk to Cabots, Cabots talk to God
Despite the swaggering, heterosexual sexpisodes that the crew of the Enterprise NX-01 go on, I still interpret their adventures as thinly veiled homo-eroticism. It might as well be the 22nd century equivalent of a US Navy spaceship. Some observations:
  • Women are practically non-existent on the ship :wink:.
  • Of the 2 leading females, Hoshi appears a little frigid, and T'Pol is so androgynous that Trip might as well be courting another man. :rolleyes:
  • Malcom -- well, he has an English accent which, for stereotypical Americans, automatically makes him suspiciously gay. Malcom also has trouble landing women - surprise, surprise. It's sad that Tripp neads to take Malcom, a 35+ year old man, under his wing in courting space women... That should have ended at age 20. Above all, he has a huge Daddy/authority-figure complex. He would gladly take one for Section 31 or for Captain Archer.
  • Captain Archer - Scott Bakula always turns his characters "gay". The masculinity is alway there, but he exudes a gay, shamanic sensitivity towards his crew. Despite having all the space women hit on him because of his authority, he still exhibits the discipline to turn them down. Captain Kirk, in contrast, always "shagged" the space women in every episode and went on to the next one. (Who knows how many illigetimate children Kirk has littered around the alpha quadrant). Meanwhile, Archer's spends more quality time alone with his dog -- a middle aged gay male with his dog, perhaps? :smile:
  • Their blue underwear - I've never seen a sci fi show so prominently feature undergarments. Again, it's like being in the Navy. The producers for the show must be receiving kick-backs from 2Xist :smile:

Reactions: Wookie in Heat

Hornet

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Despite the swaggering, heterosexual sexpisodes that the crew of the Enterprise NX-01 go on, I still interpret their adventures as thinly veiled homo-eroticism. It might as well be the 22nd century equivalent of a US Navy spaceship. Some observations:
  • Women are practically non-existent on the ship :wink:.
  • Of the 2 leading females, Hoshi appears a little frigid, and T'Pol is so androgynous that Trip might as well be courting another man. :rolleyes:
  • Malcom -- well, he has an English accent which, for stereotypical Americans, automatically makes him suspiciously gay. Malcom also has trouble landing women - surprise, surprise. It's sad that Tripp neads to take Malcom, a 35+ year old man, under his wing in courting space women... That should have ended at age 20. Above all, he has a huge Daddy/authority-figure complex. He would gladly take one for Section 31 or for Captain Archer.
  • Captain Archer - Scott Bakula always turns his characters "gay". The masculinity is alway there, but he exudes a gay, shamanic sensitivity towards his crew. Despite having all the space women hit on him because of his authority, he still exhibits the discipline to turn them down. Captain Kirk, in contrast, always "shagged" the space women in every episode and went on to the next one. (Who knows how many illigetimate children Kirk has littered around the alpha quadrant). Meanwhile, Archer's spends more quality time alone with his dog -- a middle aged gay male with his dog, perhaps? :smile:
  • Their blue underwear - I've never seen a sci fi show so prominently feature undergarments. Again, it's like being in the Navy. The producers for the show must be receiving kick-backs from 2Xist :smile:

Well, we know Kirk had at least one illegitimate child, as seen in "The Wrath Of Khan" - have I just outed myself as a Trek Nerd?

Meniscus

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
...I still interpret their adventures as thinly veiled homo-eroticism. It might as well be the 22nd century equivalent of a US Navy spaceship. Some observations...

Trip seems particularly prone to running into gender-bending scenarios. He's the first male in the Star Trek universe to become pregnant (albeit by a female alien). In the episode "Cogenitor" the Enterprise crew make first contact with an alien race that has 3 genders: female, male, and "cogenitors." Although there's no explicit romance, Trip is fascinated by the cogenitor, and sneaks off to spend time with "her". Although he seems to regard her as female, "she" looks more like a boy and chooses the name "Charles" (naming herself after Trip).

I'm sure there were some more subtle moments.

Meniscus

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Earlier this evening I caught a rerun of the Enterprise episode where...Commander Tucker ("Trip")...spends half the episode wandering around the ship in his underwear...

This episode is on again tonight, on the SciFi channel, 10:00 p.m. Eastern time. I need to find a blank tape and hook up my VCR.

edonline

LPSG Legend
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Has Connor Trinneer done anything, and more importantly shown more of that bulge, after "Enterprise"? (I'm too lazy to google or go to imbd right now...)

Meniscus

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Has Connor Trinneer done anything, and more importantly shown more of that bulge, after "Enterprise"? (I'm too lazy to google or go to imbd right now...)

I saw him the other day on Stargate: Atlantis (a show I do NOT care for). Unfortunately, he was playing a nasty alien in rather ghoulish makeup.

I have no more bulge pics, but here's a shirtless pic.

http://63.img.v4.skyrock.com/636/connord-trinneer/pics/1010424070_small.jpg

Maybe you can find some good pics here...if you have the time and patience to search through all 337 pages.
connord-trinneer's blog - connor-trinneer - Skyrock.com

Meniscus

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
S

SirConcis

Actually, Star Trek was extremely conservative about VPL. In both "next Generation" and "Voyager and DS9, Star Fleet underwear was designed to be tight and reveal nothing. Some actors complained it was too uncomfortable.

I suspect that as Enterprise rating floundered due to bad writing, they decided that since this was before "Star Fleet", they could depart from the vpl-hiding undererwear and go ballistinc and show folks in underwear in the hopes of raising ratings.

And yes, that scene of t-pal and Trinneer rubing each other in the decontamination chamber was rather hot.

S

SirConcis

additional note: In the first star trek, because this was shot before "politically correct" existed, VPLs were not banished, and Kirk often had some VPL.