star wars trilogies

what set of star wars movies you guys prefer?

• original trilogy is the best

Votes: 26 83.9%
  • new trilogy is better

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • i dont care about star wars

Votes: 4 12.9%

• Total voters

southwest

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Comedian Patton Oswald talks about going back in time to interview George Lucas about the prequels...

hit him with a shovel

That is well funny:biggrin1: ... lets start a new vote 'pick your weapon to kill George Lucas'
1)Light saber
2)Death star
3)Shovel
4)Shove jarjar binks down his throat or up his arse
5)Metaclorian overdose
6)Make him watch all his films till he realizes what a load of pretentious crap he has created thus he feels so guilty for the harm he has unleashed on society and commits suicide by all of the above methods simultaneously.(My personal favorite :biggrin1:)

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
LOL -- good idea, SW.

I'd chose the final one, but I think he probably watches them frequently... perhaps daily...

How about strangling him with Jar Jar's ears?

SteveHd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I didn't vote because I didn't watch the new trilogy. There are two reasons I didn't watch them: [1] I didn't want to disturb my memory of the originals. [2] By the time the first of the new ones was released, I was into my 40s and had lost interest in the Sci-Fi genre.

Based on the poll results and comments here, it appears I made a good decision.

B_tallbig

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I didn't vote because I didn't watch the new trilogy. There are two reasons I didn't watch them: [1] I didn't want to disturb my memory of the originals. [2] By the time the first of the new ones was released, I was into my 40s and had lost interest in the Sci-Fi genre.

Based on the poll results and comments here, it appears I made a good decision.

yes you do . those prequels sucks

_avg_

Sexy Member
Media
I'm a rare individual who actually quite enjoyed the Prequels, but they are rather different films from the Original Trilogy. I could break it down, but in large part I believe the Prequels 'disappointed' to an extent because of the fans and their expectations.

I should also mention that Lucas did NOT 'plan on 3 triologies'....that idea stems largely from a Gary Kurtz interview and a slightly out-of-context quote from George. And he most certainly is NOT making more SW films....there is another Clone Wars animated series coming out, and a 100-hour live action TV show in the works...but the story of SW is the story of Anakin Skywalker, and it begins and ends with him.

Also, while Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi are directed by Irv Kirschner and Richard Marquand, respectively, they each say that George was always on set and each take pains to say that George was effectively a director on each of those films. Leigh Brackett and Kirschner were each responsible for many of the memorable moments in ESB, but the whole of the Original Trilogy was the success of having the 'right group at the right time.'

tim36

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I think the original trilogies are classics and some of the best movies of the 20th century period, but unlike some, I dont think the new trilogies were bad at all, they werent on the whole quite as good as the first ones, but they were very good in their own right as well. I personally love Return of the Sith the best out of the three new ones, and I think in some ways the prequels answer some questions I was always wondering in the past when I was a kid, especially when learning that Darth Vader was Luke Skywalker's father, I then wanted to know how was that possible, how did it happen, what was the reason he turned or was he always bad to begin with, and how did he get in the suit? and I think the prequels answered in my mind those questions I had then.

_avg_

Sexy Member
Media
I just saw Revenge of the Sith again on TV this afternoon....and with a less critical eye, this time, I must say it passes as (possibly) the 2nd best Star Wars film. From the Execution of the Jedi to the Twin Sunset, that's one of the most emotional stretches of the whole Saga.

A part of me is sad that more people can't enjoy them.